Chapter 1

Eclipse of the Night

Sitting atop a chestnut mare, emerald eyes glanced up at the looming night sky as the beginnings of the lunar eclipse manifested itself. Watching the moon turn from the bright white light to an ominous blood red then back to the glowing white, a smile turned the corners of her rose colored lips up as she became glad at her decision to ride out into the middle of the pasture she owned to watch the eclipse away from civilization.

Noticing that the eclipse was at its end, she looked away from the inky night sky to see a figure standing not too far from her. Seeing this, her eyes widened wondering how it was possible for someone to be on her privately owned land. However, as soon as she blinked she noticed the figure collapse onto the ground.

Gasping, she immediately spurred the mare forward toward the figure at a trot. As she got closer, she yanked the reins back slightly and not even waiting for the mare to come to a stop, did she dismount and land on the terrain in a slight crouch. Striding quickly toward the figure, she knelt only to realize that it was a young man with light blonde hair with the slightest hint of pink mixed in sporadically.

Placing two fingers against the jugular vein of his neck, she took a sigh of relief as she felt a strong pulse surging through his veins. Checking her surroundings, she noticed that there weren’t any other signs of life besides her own, the male, and then her horse. Give a sharp whistle that pierced the air, she called for the mare to come closer. Taking a firm grasp from what she soon realized was a toned arm; she draped it around her neck as she began to lift using her knees.

Once she was standing with his full weight leaning against her did she realize just how heavy he truly was. Wincing slightly, she looked up just as the mare nudged her slightly with her nose. Clicking her tongue against the inside of her teeth did the mare slowly lowered itself so that she was able to place the male on the back of the saddle while sitting up.

Climbing in front, only to wrap his arms around her petite waist and his head lying gently upon her shoulder, it gave her the assurance that she needed to know that they were ready to leave. Clicking her tongue again, the mare stood at its full height.  While giving slight pressure of her right heel against the flank and a tug of the reins to guide the head to the right, she lead the horse to turn around into the opposite direction to head back toward her home.  

Letting the reins loosen slightly in her grip to give more freedom to the horse, the mare slowly moved into a light trot. Maneuvering through the dense forest, she kept her eyes shifting around her as she felt something nearby. Not taking any chances she leaned down slightly to the left to unbind an archer’s bow and had it be held by the saddle horn. Slowing her horse to a walk, she reached forward and patted the mare’s neck.

As soon as she resumed her sitting position, she heard the soft whir of air being broken. Quickly maneuvering the horse to the side and leaning to the left, an arrow flew past her head quite close to where her face momentarily had been.

Head snapping to the side, she noticed a lone figure standing there with their arms starting to lower. Without wasting any time, the bow was soon clenched in her hand an arrow lightly touching her hand and her opposite fist raised close to her face. Holding the string taut, not a second later, she released it and watched as the arrow flew through the air.

Watching with narrowed eyes, she saw the figure raise its hand only for them to realize that whatever outcome they wanted wasn’t working. Barely managing to dodge to the side but not far enough did the arrow soon pierce through cloth and pin the figure against a large oak tree.

Nodding in satisfaction she spurred the mare forward but back into a trot as she and the male rode past the stuck figure. As she passed by, she glanced quickly at the figure to see it was another male and she was met with the darkest of eyes that glared at her in what appeared to be hatred.

Once she had passed she then heard a strange noise coming from the male in a shout aimed toward her, but what he had said, she never had the chance to know before she continued on to become further away.


Watching the woman disappear with his brother, the male reached up to try and yank the arrow out, only to realize that it was lodged pretty deep into the tree. Muttering a couple of curse words he was soon silenced as two voices filled with laughter appeared before him. One of the figures stood there laughing, and the other barely able to hide the smile spreading on his face at his brothers misery.

 

 

 


I hope everyone has liked the first chapter so far! No names have been mentioned as of yet, but of course I did put a hint on who the first EXO member that she meets is. Of course there's also the second member as well now. Can you take a guess as to whom they are?

See you next chapter!