Halmeoni's Love

Just One Look
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 16: Halmeoni's Love

Once you enter the car you strapped yourself with a seat belt and sighed. Looking back outside you saw that the guys had already started to walk to their car - except for one person. Himchan stood there a bit longer than the rest. You saw that he was biting his lip and automatically knew that it was his way of showing his hesitation. Before you could open the window to wave at him once again, he quickly turned and started walking beside Wonsik. You touched the window slightly with your fingertips and gave a small laugh.

"My overprotective Oppa.." You said softly.

"What was that Miss Hyun?" Euyn looked at you from the car mirror while closing the door. 

"Nothing Ahjussi." The engine of the limo started just as your cousin disappeared into the van. Sitting back into your seat you took out a book from your bag and started to read. Being so into your book you didn't notice that Euyn had drove past your house. Euyn looking back at you smiled. You were sitting cross legged with your shoes off gripping the book tightly. Your eyes were darting from word to word while your fingers flipped onto a new page. 

Feeling his stare you looked up. Left and right you noticed that you were in a new part of Seoul. Uneasy about the new place you met Euyn's gaze in the mirror.

"Ah...Where are we Ahjussi?" 

"We're in Dongdaemun Market Miss Hyun."

Placing a bookmark back into the book you furrowed your eyebrows. "Why are we in a market?"

"You'll see." With that said Euyn turned his eyes back on the road in front of him. Looking back outside you watched the people on the streets coming from every direction. Some were coming out of stores with one bag, some were walking with multiple bags and others were looking through store windows. The limo stopped. Looking at the front you saw that Euyn was gone. *What the.*

The door opened on your side and you jumped. Euyn's face came into view. "Your stop Miss Hyun."

Blinking several times you slowly took off your seat belt and carryed your bag. "Er, Ahjussi, I know I shouldn't question you, but why aren't we at home?" 

"Because I told him to drive you here dear." You peeked your head out of the doorway. Only to see a familiar elderly woman standing behind Euyn. Halmeoni was smiling at you sweetly. Quickly you got out of the car.

"Halmeoni!" 

"Anneyong Min Hyun, how was school with your cousin?" 

A thousand questions were running through your mind. Why were you here and not at home, did Himchan tell Halmeoni about last night, was she taking you out to meet some strange person you didn't know? You shook your head and gave her a smile. "It was okay, Himchan oppa is in the same class with me along with the girl I told you about yesterday."

"Ah, that's good. I think he would have broke through the wall if he wasn't in your class." Halmeoni chuckled. "That boy, always getting in all sorts of trouble just to stay by your side." Taking your arm Halmeoni and you started to walk down the street. You looked back to see what Euyn was doing only to see that the car was gone. *That was fast.* When you turned back to the front you noticed your Halemnoi staring at you with a mischievious smile.

"Er, Halmeoni..." 

"Yes Hyun?" She kept smiling.

"Why are we here again?" The old woman chuckled again and kept a hold on you. She didn't answer you back as you walked by another store. You bit your lip. This was confusing you. Since you were sure you wouldn't get an answer to your question you tried to piece everything together. Halmeoni must've told Euyn to drive you to the market so that she could take you somewhere obviously, but where? You nearly stumbled as Halmeoni stopped in her tracks.

"Ah, we're here." The woman said looking at you.

Blinking several times you looked up and gasped. The store was ginormous. It was the size of three stores combined into one with two floors. The windows were decorated with leaves and mannequins lined up row by row with the store clothes. Mindlessly you walked up toward the window and placed your hand on it. "Wow..." Everything was so pretty in your eyes. You heard a bell ring and turned to the sound. 

"What are you waiting for Hyunnie?" Halmeoni held the door open and nodded for you to go in. You bowed quickly and entered the store. You were in awe. Every single garment hanging on a hanger was so pretty. Feeling someone beside you you looked to see your Halmeoni staring up at you. 

"Halmeoni, what are we doing here?" You asked. 

Looking at your eyes your Halmeoni saw there was a glint in them. Her smile grew at your expression. "Dear, I thought you were a girl." She joked. "We're here to do what girls do best." You gave a puzzled expression leaving Halmeoni to sigh. "We're going to get you a new set of clothes dear."

"But, I have clothes Halmeoni." You blurted out.

"Ne ne, I know, but while you were in Canada I never sent you anything as a gift to remind you of how much you mean to me." 

Throwing your hands in front of you you smiled awkwardly. "H-halmeonii not that I don't want to go shopping, it's just that I don't want you to waste so much money on me."

Halmeoni slapped you head softly. "Nonsense child, I only got you a camera."

"An expensive camera if I do say. Halmeoni really you don't have to buy me anything and besides..." You looked around the store and rubbed your arm. "I don't belong in a dress.." You stared at your sleeves. Halmeoni noticed how your eyes darkened. She felt her heart pull at the sight of you losing your confidence just after seeing the clothes in the store. She placed a hand on your cheek and looked straight at you.

"Min Hyun, who told you you don't belong in a dress?" 

You sighed and avoided her gaze. "No one, but it doesn't matter anyways. I won't look good in a dress."

You felt a tap on your cheek and looked back to find Halmeoni staring straight at you. Her lips were strained in a line with her eyebrows furrowed in an angry expression. "If no one told you that you don't belong in a dress, how do you know that it wouldn't fit you?" Opening your mouth to answer she held a hand up to stop you. "Just because you're special and that some people don't get that you shouldn't degrade yourself."

"But I wasn't degrading myself Halmeoni I wa-"

"Was what?" 

You gulped. "I-I was stating what's true."

"Now you listen to me young lady." She patted your cheek. "You are beautiful. No matter what people say, or point at you are unique. If people stare so what? They just don't get you. If people judge you based on your physical appearance rather than your spiritual one then you shouldn't be friends with them. Whoever you stand with will always accept you. Taking your cousin for example, he seen you just the way you are and he accepts you."

"But, Himchan oppa is family, family is suppose to accept you." You said qu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter