Afterschool

Just One Look
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 9: Afterschool

"Remember to finish the assigned work given during today's lesson. Class dismissed!"

While everyone gathered their things and ran out of class you stretched and slowly picked up your supplies. Since this morning VIXX has grown fond of you and your friendship with the 6 boys grew. Even Ravi seemed to take a liking toward you - in friendly way. Even though you felt bad for leaving Yu-Ri at lunch in the library after Ken dragged you to the cafeteria, you had fun.You got some glares from other girls, but other than that you enjoyed spending lunch with them. 

You learned that even though N was the leader, he was the most talkative amongst the guys and was labelled as the annoying umma, and that even though Ravi seemed to carry a bad boy image, he was actually one of the childish guys in the group. You also figured out  that Ken was the school clown - whether he was in the classroom or out, he made everyone laugh. Hongbin was sweet towards you and got you a new drink when Hyuk took the one you packed for lunch without noticing it wasn't his. Leo on the other hand was quiet and never said a single word, but kept an eye on everyone and when you didn't notice, he looked at you from the corner of his eyes, just like what Hongbin was doing. Despite what happened in the morning, the boys treated you nicely and made you eager to come back tomorrow. 

Letting out a breath you got up from your seat and took all your stuff and headed towards your locker. As you walked you plugged in your headphones and listened to a song called 'We Can't Be Friends' by a new group called M.PIRE. When you got to your locker you took out your bag and placed everything into it. You got into your green jacket and made your way towards the parking lot. Just as you got to the door you got a text. Rummaging through your coat pocket you took out your phone and looked at the message.

"Miss Hyun, I'll be at your school in 5 minutes. I had to drop off Halmeoni at her friend's home for tea so I'll be a little behind schedule.
- Euyn"

You weren't disappointed about Euyn's text because it meant more time for yourself before doing homework at home. opening the door you went down the staircase and walked towards an empty field that had a tree. You sat under the shade and took out your camera. Looking around you saw that no one was here and that the only people that were still at school were soccer players that were meters away from you. You pulled the collar of your shirt a bit and bit your lip. *Nobody's here, so I guess no one will notice right...*

Taking one last look you rolled up your sleeves of your coat and your school shirt a bit letting the cool air blow against your arms.

You sighed in relief. "Much better." You shook your arms and placed the camera towards your eyes and started taking pictures. From the boys playing on the field, to the golden and red leaves that were on the sidewalk, you captured it all. Before you knew it, it was past ten minutes and still no sign of Euyn. The soccer team had left the field and now you were the only one still on school grounds.Furrowing your eyebrows in confusion you took our your phone again only to notice that you accidentally placed your phone on vibrate. You missed two calls and had a voice mail left in your inbox. Clicking play you heard Halmeoni's voice.

'Mian-hae Hyunnie, I need Euyn for the evening to help me around town with my friend. I hope you won't mind walking home again. If you need directions don't be afraid to call Maria at home or call me back. I'll see you later tonight hopefully. Saranghae Dear~'

Turning off your phone you looked down into your lap. 

"I guess I should go home then." You said out loud. Closing your eyes you tilted your head up while carefully touched your camera. You loved how the device was smooth and had harsh edges. It was comforting. 

You felt like you were being watched for a second and quickly opened your eyes to see somebody sitting above you staring intently at you. 

You widened your eyes and got off the ground. Standing up, you pulled your sleeves down even though whoever the person was, they probably already saw your scars. *Aish, not again, I bet this person will tell the school now*

The figure jumped down from the tree, and now you saw who it was. Jung Taekwoon. 

"W-what' You sputtered and took a step back. "Yah! How long were you staring at me!?" 

Taekwoon wiped off the dirt from his shorts before looking at you. You returned the his stare and quickly saw that he was in a different uniform. He was wearing a blue shirt with the school logo stiched on the right pocket and shorts that stopped above his knees. Looking down at his shoes you noticed that they were cleats. It all clicked, he was one of the soccer players on the field just now.

"I didn't know you were sitting under the tree, Mian-hae." He quietly said. 

Your heart skipped a beat. His voice was so peaceful, completely opposite from his appearance. You scratched your head and felt your cheeks heat up even more. "I-It's okay, I shouldn't have yelled at you." Looking back up you titlted you head. "Wait, why were you in the tree?"

"After soccer practices I like taking a nap." Leo kept his hands in his pocket.

You blinked several times before speaking again. "I'd expect someone as big as you to go home and sleep on a bed not in a tree. Especially a tree as small as this." You nodded towards it behind you."You're like a little kitten."You giggled and gave Leo an eye smile 

Leo's eyes widened

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter