Burning

Just One Look
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 31: Burning [NOT EDITTED YET]

Hongbin shifted his hand and ran it down your cheek slowly, letting it linger longer than it needed too. You tried to push him away, but his hold on you was strong. Hongbin murmurred your name as his grip loosened slightly letting you move a bit. He pulled back a bit and his lips began to form a smile, but before it could give in to a full tilt he was gone from your view.

A wind past and your hair flew into your face just as a loud bang was heard. You pulled the strands away and gasped. Himchan was holding Hongbin by the collar against a row of other lockers. His fists were clenched in the shirt of Hongbin's uniform tightly and Himchan's teeth were out in the open as he grinded them. Though that was one of the reasons you made a sound, it wasn't the only one.

Joon was also running at full speed from the other side of the hallway and stood frozen for a second to glare at Hongbin who's attention was focused on Himchan. Joon turned to you and you saw his face change. It seemed like he was opening up. His lips opened slightly as he stared, his eyes caught the glint and you were entranced by him. It was like he was the childhood Joon, the one that use to pick you up in piggybacks, the one that waited with a chubby Himchan outside of your school to take you home if they didn't have a scheduled practice for something, the very one you missed. But the longing to have him back as your oppa was overthrown with the fear you had for him. 

Standing in front of you he frowned and you saw one of his hands in a tight fist. Joon reached out to fix your hair for you, but you flinched and took a step back. You closed your eyes tightly waiting for a slap, or anything, but when nothing came you re-opened them. Joon looked so sad at that point. Your fear for him made Joon feel like he was at a standstill. He was so sure that he would be the badass, carefree Oppa when he moved back, but he didn't know if he could do that anymore. 

"Do I really scare you...." Joon whispered.

When you didn't answer he met your eyes and tried to find the truth in them. "Do I?" He asked again. You gave a small nod and watched as his cold expression returned. Joon's lips were in a rigid line and he kept blinking his eyes. A hand appeared on his shoulder and you were greatly surprised that it was Himchan's. 

"Oppa!" You shouted. You looked from the Himchan's face to Joon's. Back and forth you tried to comprehend why this was happening. Since the moment Joon came back there's been tension between them and now it seemed they were friends again. 

Without looking back to see Hongbin, Himchan instead turned to look at Joon who both met in a single glance and nodded simutaneously. Taking you, the two pushed you to walk forward in the other direction only stopping to speak with the five stunned VIXX members.

"We'll see you guys in class." Himchan said in a cold voice as if to indirectly say that Hongbin's action was their fault. Hakyeon's lip were pressed thinly into a line as he nodded. You looked at Leo and saw he was glaring at Hongbin with such intesity that it seemed like he was ready to pounce. It scared you. He turned for a second to see that you were in front of him and soften his gaze. Unmasked it seemed like he was hurt almost, and before you could utter a word of comfort, Joon pushed you forward making you walk away. 

Hongbin panted heavily from the moment Himchan dropped him. He watched as he dragged you away with Joon and talked to Hakyeon. Though Hakyeon's attention wasn't on Himchan, but on himself, it wasn't saying that he regretted doing what he just did. He planned it perfectly, and it came out perfectly, it just made him feel bad. Flashing back to last night, Hongbin burned the thought into his head, letting himself know it was okay to do this.

"Nothing." The three guys stared at Leo. He got up while holding his iPod and went past them to the closet. He opened the doors and took out a coat along with a pair of sunglasses, a scarf and his usual baseball hat. 

"Where are you going Hyung?" Hyuk tilted his head slightly. 

"Out. Anneyong." Leo left the room leaving his dongsaegs to stare at his retreating shadow. Just as the door shut a sound echoed through the door. A crushed can of pop fell onto the ground and ricocheted a few times before rolling to a stop near Hyuk's feet. 

The three looked up to see Hongbin shaking with anger.

Hyuk got up slowly and edged to the doorway. 'Hongbin Hyung?"

"Please..."

"Please what Hy-"

"Please tell me he's lying."

Ken chuckled nervously. "Lying? About what, are you okay Hongbin?"

"Don't lie me Hyung." Hongbin said in a dangerous tone. He looked up making Hyuk flinch at the look he had. "Don't ing lie to me when I asked this. Does Taekwoon Hyung like Hyun too?" Hongbin emphasised on the word 'like' as he spoke with a clenched face. 

The room was quiet. Ravi was fidgeting and was on the verge of sleeping, Ken was biting his lips not trusting his gags to lighten the situation and Hyuk was afraid that anything he would do would make Hongbin even more furious.

"He does." 

Hongbin turned around. Hakyeon stood there without a single emotion on his face. It seemed he was okay with the idea that two of s would be fighting over a girl soon and that he was ready to handle any drama was that about to come. It made Hongbin even more angry.

"Why didn't you tell me N-Hyung?" 

"Because, I didn't know either. I just heard, like you did."

"Who knew this before me?" Hongbin let his hair fall onto his face. When no one answered he shouted, "WHO?"

"I did." Ken whispered. When Hongbin looked at his Hyung he saw that Ken wouldn't even meet his eyes. "I did. I knew and I wanted to help him."

"Did you know I liked Hyun too?"

"Yes. I did."

"Why, why help him and not me?" Hongbin asked. He had a confused expression. He wasn't sure why ken would help his Hyung and not his donsaeng. Ken was a nice Hyung, he usually helped the younger ones---with vocal practice, paying for snacks, making the mood of the room heighten to new smiles--everything. But Hongbin couldn't understand, why not help him now? 

"Because..." Ken met Hongbin's gaze. "Because the way Taekwoon lightens up when he hears her name, because when he sees her he smiles more than ever and when she's with him, they walk as if they are one. That's why."

Hongbin gave a dark chuckle. "Smile? Hyung, Taekwoon Hyung doesn't even smile when he's around her. Me? Me I smile more than him. More brightly than him."

"That's because you're not looking at the right times."

"Then you haven't seen me at the right times either!" Hongbin fought back. Ken shook his head sadly.

"I have, it's just that his smile is more brighter than yours."

"You can't judge me on my love for her!" Hongbin shouted. He was b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter