Final Straw

Just One Look
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 15: Final Straw

"Yah, Himchan?" Himchan shook his head and looked at a confused N. N nodded towards the tray Himchan was holding. "I think you bent it a bit."

Himchan looked down and saw that there was a crack in the tray. Thinking about that kid who made you cry years ago still made him angry. Taking one hand off he rubbed his head and laughed. "Ah, I guess I did"

Ravi looked at it amazed. He tapped the tray a bit and looked up. "Woah, what the heck were you thinking hyung?" 

"Just the past." Himchan started to walk towards the table follow by Ken, Hyuk, N and Ravi. Leo stayed back a bit with Hongbin and stared at Himchan's retreating figure. As Hongbin paid for his lunch Leo was thinking.

He was curious about Himchan. Ever since he saw the two of you in class he was tempted to ask about him about your past. He tried to make a theory on why you had scars on your arms and what Himchan's connection was to it all. Of course since he was your cousin he would know what happened right? Leo furrowed his eyebrows and clenched his hands in his uniform pockets. *Why do you have to occupy my thoughts all the time Min Hyun?* He thought as he stared at your figure. His hands unravelled. Looking at you made his heart skip and pound faster. Leo felt someone nudge him. He turned to see Hongbin with his tray.

"Ready Hyung?" Hongbin asked. Leo nodded and the two made their way to the table. When they reached the table they noticed that no one woke you up. Leo took the seat closest to you leaving Hongbin to frown a bit. He wanted to sit there, but since Leo scared him a bit, he decided not to make a scene of it. He went and sat next to Ravi and Ken and started eating. 

No one spoke for a while since they were all hungry. Like all the other members, Hyuk who noticed that Himchan still didn't wake you up to eat. He tilted his head. "Err...Himchan hyung?" Himchan bit his sandwhich and nodded towards Hyuk. "Aren't you going to wake up Min Hyun?" 

Himchan raised a finger to say 'wait' as he quickly swallowed his food and drank some water. He quickly wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and answered the maknae. "In time, we still have twenty minutes for lunch and she eats quickly. Besides, she needs the sleep." Hyuk nodded. 

"Ah, she didn't get enough sleep?" N looked at you. You had your arms on the table as a mini pillow for your head. He smiled at how cute you looked. 

"Mhmm." Himchan took another drink from his bottle.

"Why?" Everyone turned to Leo. He was staring directly at Himchan expressionless. 

"I kept her up last night with stories and games." Himchan forced a laugh. "I was too excited to see her that I kept blurting out what she missed over the past few years." 

Everyone nodded in understanding all except Leo. He could tell that Himchan's laugh was a fake just now. He couldn't pinpoint why his laugh was forced which confused him even more. He needed answers. Before he could ask anything more Hongbin blurted out a question. "What happened to her parents?" Himchan stopped eating.  No one said another word as the astmosphere on the table turned tensed.

Hongbin gulped and pulled the collar of his shirt. "Mian-hae, I'm just curious." He bowed down as his cheeks burned with embarrassment. *Aish pabo Hongbin, you're worse than Hyuk. Just after two days of meeting the girl and you're already so noisy.* He thought. He slowly looked back up to meet Himchan's gaze.  "What did Min Hyun tell you?"

His voice had this dangerous edge to it. It was curious but carried a silent threat as if to warn Hongbin what he was asking. N feeling uncomfortable looked around the table. He looked at Hongbin to Himchan trying to find a way to change the subject. Seeing that no one was going to answer Himchan, Ken worked up the courage to answer the question himself. "That her parents were dead." Ken said quietly. For a few seconds everyone held their breath as they looked at Himchan. His smile had faded away and was replaced with a grim look. He sighed.

"Well, then her parents are dead." Himchan closed his eyes and resumed eating. All the members gawked at him. They all wondered why he just accepted that her parents were dead. Weren't her parents technically his aunt and uncle? Leo stared intensly at Himchan.

Just then you started to wake up. You fluttered your eyes only to see Leo sitting on your left. You flinched back thinking he was staring at you but noticed he was looking at Himchan. Out of the corner of his eye he noticed you move. Leo's eyes made their way to you. You blinked at him. You were still groggy from the little nap you just took. You yawned making everyone look away from your cousin and stare at you as you sat back up streching. Taking out your headphones you looked at everyone on the table. You pouted. "Yah, why are you guys all looking at me?"

"Because sleeping beauty just woke up." Ken winked at you and started eating again. Himchan nudged your shoulder and passed you half of a sandwhich along with your wallet. You muttered a thank you and started to eat. For some reason no one spoke and you didn't know why. As you were eating you looked into your wallet and noticed that all your money was still there. You stopped in between a chew. *What the...*

Swallowing you turned and glared at your cousin who innocently kept eating. Feeling your stare he turned at looked back at you. His eyes were wide and his cheeks were puffed out cutely. "Wmahat?" He said as he ate.

"Kim Himchan did you not use my money to buy the lunch?" Himchan closed his eyes and looked away. "I don't know what you're talking about Hyunnie." 

You jumped out of your seat making all the guys look at you in surprise. For a tiny girl you were swift. You pulled Himchan by the collar and shook him back in forth in annoyance. "YAH YOU PROMISED HIMCHAN UGH WHY DO YOU SPEND MONEY ON ME WHY!" 

Everyone bursted out in laughter. Even Himchan started laughing at you. He took your hands off his shirt and brought you back down in your seat. He smiled at you. "Because I don't want my innocent cousin paying for a grown man's food."

You stuck your tongue at him. "Merong!" Himchan choked on his food causing another fit of laughter around the table. Leo smiled a little at you and Hongbin laughed at how cute you were. The two of you bickered for the next few minutes and soon the bell rang. You sighed and got off from your seat. You nearly fell down but luckily Leo caught you. You smiled at him. 

"Thank you Taekwoon Oppa." He nodded and let you go. As you bent to pick up your bag, a hand came out of nowhere and grabbed it. Confused you turned to see who took the bag assuming that it was Himchan. Surprisingly it was Ravi. 

"I got it." He grumbled and started to walk.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter