The Seeker of the Forces

What happened to my old life?

The next morning you woke up and the events of last night came rushing back. Aish! What am I going to do? I don’t think I can face him today. Maybe I can convince oppa to let me stay home from school.

“BREAKFAST!” Changsub yelled from downstairs. Man oppa is so loud! You crawled out from the comfort of your bed and treaded down the stairs.

“Eun Hee! Why aren’t you dressed?” In the cutest voice you could muster, you said “Oppa. I’m not feeling good. Can I stay home?” Then you added some aegyo just too over exaggerate your plea. Well what I said wasn’t a total lie. Changsub thought for a moment before he asked, “Is there any tests today?” “Ani.” After a little more hesitation he says, “Okay. I guess one day wouldn’t hurt.” You hugged Changsub and sat down to eat. “Dongseng, I’m leaving now. I’ll see you later today.” “Araso. Bye oppa!” With the house to yourself, you paced around the living room, trying to decide how you should fill your time. After wasting 15 minutes not coming up with anything, you spend a few hours watching TV and surfing the web. With nothing around the house to satisfy your interests, you decide to take a walk around the neighborhood. Taking your phone and keys, you put on some music and head out.

 Oh Im a badman. Ah ah ah. Im a badman.

PEACE! Yeah Yeah Yeah.

I got a feeling…

You continue walking and singing to yourself. Your walk was a bit longer than expected and eventually the music was so distracting that you no longer knew where you were. Where the ??? am I? Aish! I guess that’s what I get for not paying attention. You take a couple of moments to survey your surroundings. There wasn’t much around except a few run-down and abandoned buildings. Even though you seemed to be in a pretty sketchy neighborhood, you weren’t fazed at all.

No one except you and Changsub knew that in all the past places you both have lived in, you immediately signed up for the nearest martial arts classes. It was your passion. But after mom’s death, Changsub forced you to quit. He claimed that it was so you didn’t get hurt, but you could tell that there was another, more complicated reason. You never questioned him on that though. In fact, you didn’t even know the full truth on how mom died. Changsub was extremely good at hiding things like that.

As you came back to trying to solve the present issue, you notice a small gravel pathway behind a trash bin. If the bin wasn’t pulled forward, you probably wouldn’t have found it. Well, here goes nothing. Since you had a rather small frame, you didn’t have much difficulty climbing behind the bin. You walked down the path, even though any normal person would be yelling at you not to do something like this, but you seemed to be different. You thrived off adrenalin. It gave you excitement and made you do things other people wouldn’t dare too.

The path was rather long and about halfway through, it turned to a smooth and paved road. Just when you were going to turn around and decide it was just a regular road, you see a faint outline of a door a little bit farther ahead. Not everyone would be able to see the door, but it seemed as if your eyes were trained to look for things such as this. You go up to the door and notice that a doorknob or even just a handle was missing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6k22sP2j9U

 But what you do notice a little farther up the wall is a metal and rusted latter. You could already hardly see the rungs because the sun was going down and the world seemed to turn almost pitch black a bit quicker than usual. You never know unless you try. That was something oppa always told you growing up and then you made your decision. You took a few steps back and took a running start. You jumped and barely took hold of the last rung of the latter. Man. I am out of shape. You muttered to yourself. You continued climbing and made it to the rooftop. Nothing seemed out of place. It was a roof after all. What did capture your attention was a small raise in the ground on the other end of the roof. It didn’t take long to run to that place where the raise was. This looks like a type of door into the window. Maybe if I pull at the corner I can get inside. That’s exactly what you did and not long after the hatch.

How you knew that would work, you had no idea. But that didn’t matter because you were closer at getting inside. You looked through the ceiling and saw that it was a straight drop to the floor. An adventurous person would make the jump, but you were smarter than that. This place, even though run down, probably has an alarm system. It didn’t take long to prove your suspicion correct. You could see faint colored lasers line the entire floor. This slightly complicates things. Well as far as I know, lasers move up about every thirty seconds. And since they make a crisscross pattern, there is a perfect square for me to jump through. You sit on the edge of the opening and hold the hatch cover. I better close this on the way down. With the hatch held above your head you jump down onto the floor below. You hit the floor with the pose similar to that of a wolf, and count to 30. Your senses are on high alert due to the pitch black room. Waiting the correct amount of time and relying on your senses, you make the most of your wushu skills. You end up at a wall, without setting off any alarms. Now where would I keep the alarm system? After carefully deciding the best place, you go in the opposite direction.

People usually do the uncommon thing. This assumption was correct and you find and shut of the alarm system. Once the alarm system is shut off, you find the lights. Well I am lucky today, aren’t I?  The building surprises you. It’s a bit smaller than you first expected and seems more like someone’s personal secret office than anything else. You locate the desk and walk up to it. Surrounding the desk, are many bulletin boards. Some are covered in maps and push pins, where others are covered in drawings. You inspect the drawings and notice something familiar about them. These look like drawings of Exo.

What the ??? kind of place is this?  As you get closer to the desk you see many papers with weird numbers and words in a type of code. But on the top of the pile is what seems to be a news article with the title, “Watch out for the Force Seekers!” And next to that, a book that looks like its hundreds of years old has the title “History of the Force Seekers”. What is a force seeker? I have never heard of that before. Also on the desk, you see a set of picture frames. If the drawings didn’t freak you out, what was in the frames nearly made you pass out. In one frame, there sits a picture of your parents and Changsub? What? What? What the ??? Is this some kind of sick joke?  And in the other frame is a picture of you. But you’re not alone. Standing next to you is Changsub and your parents, but they are dressed in an outfit that is a mix of a Jedi Knight and a ninja. But even that isn’t the most shocking. In this picture Changsub is holding a document that seems to be a graduation certificate. All you can read is “Congratulations Lee Changsub on the completion of the required amount of years for the Force Seeker Academy.”