01

Unexpected Love...with a shark?

He walked to the back of the store,where the fish were kept. He smiled to himself,happy at the thought of finally being able to relax. He was the main vocal of a kpop group named Block B. His name ; Lee Taeil. The members were like a family to him,and he kept them close. But they've been busy lately since their new album was in the process of being produced.

 

Today was one of their rare day offs,and he wanted to spend it with his beloved aquatic friends in the tanks. He reached the back of the store and smiled when he saw the shimmering little wonders dancing in the tanks. But his smile soon faded a bit when he saw a girl standing at the tanks as well. He was shocked - whenever he came,no one even knew about the fish in the back. 

"Who is this?"  he thought.

 

Park Hyerin. Hyerin only had a few friends,and she was perfectly fine with it. She didn't need a big group of frinds to be happy,but she was stressed lately. She was stuck dealing with family problems. The world was pressuring her, putting tons among tons of weight on her shoulder. So,today she just wanted to kick it all of and relax.

 

She stood at the fish tanks smiling,she was always amazed at her little aquatic friends in the tanks. She heard footsteps behind her.

"Hm?...I wonder if they're coming to look at the fish...nah,no one barely comes back here..."

 

Taeil looked at the girl standing at the tanks. He decided to go on the far end,away from her.Hyerin glanced at the person who had made the footsteps. He was taller than her,beanie,glasses,and a black hoodie that had the words "Block B" on it. She wondered what the hell that meant. She quietly scoffed.
"He's pretty cute...tch."  Taeil crouched and smiled at the fish. 

"Keke,his smile's adorable. Makes him look like a shark...ha."

 

Hyerin decided to go look at some toys for the fish tanks. She didn't realize that Taeil was there too. She looked at the toys in front of her and started picking them up. All of a sudden,she heard those same footsteps,again. She glanced to her left behind her bangs. Theres that cute shark again.. she thought. She ignored him and saw a cute toy shark on her left. She reached for it,but so did Taeil. Their hands touched. They quickly turned to each other and bowed in apology.

 

"Ah...mian. I'm Taeil. Lee Taeil."  He held out his hand.

"Park Hyerin..."  She took his hand and shook it polietly.

"Sorry for...what just happened."  He scratched the back of his head and laughed a bit.

"I uh..didn't mean to do that,I just..thought this was sorta cute." He held up the toy shark.

"Haha...looks like you~" she said quietly.

"H-huh?"

"Ani...nothing" she smiled.

"So uh..what brings you here?If you don't mind me asking."

 

 

Hyerin sighed and sat in front of the fish toys.


"My mom and dad...they're in America,for buisness reasons. I stayed here because my best friend's here,and I was still in school at the time,so I didn't want to leave just like that. I mean,I've been here my whole life,how could I just decide whether to leave or not in 5 seconds?...Anyway..my mom called me yesterday. She asked me if I could come to their buisness and help out. She said she'd give me half a year to think about it and stuff,but I'd have to go eventually."

Taeil sat down next to her and played with the toys as well.

"I've been thinking about it forever,literally,but it's just stressing me out."

She sighed again. This time sounding like she's been tired for a long,long time.

"Anyway,I came here because I was always fascinated at fish. They...relax me somehow. Tch,look at me. I'm venting out my problems to a complete stranger."

 

She turned her head to look at the boy who was still playing with the toys. He nodded and laughed.

"The fish relax me too actually...I've been real busy and stressed lately too,I'm sure the other members are too.."

"Oh? Other members?"

Taeil nodded. "Mm,you don't...recognize me?..." He pointed to the words on his hoodie. "Block B". Those words..again. Ugh. What is that? She thought. She gave a confused look.

"Ah...so you don't know. Hehe. That's fine...maybe you could meet the members someday.." He asked for her cellphone and punched in his number. He smiled.

"There. Now you have my number."

 

His phone started ringing. He took a quick look at the caller ID and stood up.

"I have to go.Bye!"

Hyerin watched the shark jog out of the store. She looked down at her phone and saw his number. She smiled. She walked back to her apartment,sometimes even skipping. The shark from the pet shop lifted the weight off her shoulders.