Your Warmth

Chasing Consciousness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

             The sun’s rays filled the cracks of the cream colored curtain and filled the room with morning light. Eyes fluttered open to the bright obstruction. He would have fallen back into the realm of dreams if not for the small vague noises coming from the room next to him. He didn’t need to sleep but when there’s nothing else to plan or do, sleep sounds good. A grunt left his throat, mentally cursing himself for having such good hearing. His legs left the comfort of his bed and swung itself to the edge. Hayden looked down and suddenly shocked himself at the hairy legs he had until he remembered Boa had granted his wish.

             Without getting ready, he headed straight for the room next door to see what the fuss was about. He slipped his feet into the slippers outside his door and knocked on the other. A short brunette opened the door to a mid twenty man rubbing his eyes from post- sleep.

             “Morning.” Hayden croaked 

             “Morning. Why are you in only briefs?” She asked as his eyes opened in shock and looked down.

             “Huh?” Shoot! I forgot I wasn’t wearing any clothes!

             “Are you trying to show off your body or something?” She spoke unimpressed though her eyes said different.

             “What?” He was taken aback. “No, no, no!” He waved his hands in defense. “I just like sleeping without clothes on. It’s more comfortable.”

             Little did Taeyeon know, Hayden was enjoying the freedom of no clothes unlike his former self. Being a girl had its downs as he couldn’t just walk around in briefs or shorts around the house. He had to cover the private parts and enough to not reveal too much.

             “Okay.” She said with a doubtful expression.

             “What are you doing up so early?” He yawned.

             “I have class.”

             “Oh, right. I’ll make breakfast for you then!” He cheerfully spoke. “Can I come with you to this class?” He asked with hopeful eyes.

             She looked at him and debated on whether or not to lie about being able to have him tag along. He was a stranger to her, a completely mysterious man who literally fell from the sky and landed a few feet away from her. Nothing about him seemed normal yet nothing seemed wrong. He looked like a man, a handsome man with a nice body albeit, who had lost his way and needed some guidance. What a funny trick the world played on her since she too, had lost her way after her parents death. Taeyeon took a deep breath and decided to let him come with. It would be a nice sense of comfort to know someone was there. Something she found herself secretly growing so desperate for.

             “Yes.” That was all she could say. Nothing else came out.

             “Great! Can I barrow clothes again?” He shyly asked as he scratched the back of his head again.

             Taeyeon couldn’t help but giggle a bit. He acted so immature yet he felt and looked so manly.  It made her think when was the last time she interacted with a man, let alone in love with one.  She shook off the thought. It wasn’t possible. Yes, he was attractive in every way but she hasn’t gotten to know him even the slightest bit. She then questioned herself after thinking such thought. Do I even want to know him better?

             “Yes, you can.”

             "Do you want me to grab them or you bring them to me? I mean it is a special room to you and I don’t want to intrigue.” He rambled.

             “I’ll grab them for you. Make me breakfast while you wait.”

             “Can I brush my teeth first?” He pouted.

             “Yes, you can.”

             Hayden smiled again and scurried off towards the bathroom back in his guest room. He quickly grabbed the toothbrush Taeyeon gave him from its holster and got ready. Not even a few minutes went by when he exited the bathroom to see a nicely laid out outfit on the bed. He turned to the closet mirror and he felt a little taken aback. It was the first time he saw his body full on and he wasn’t sure why he was so fit. He had to ask.

             “Unnie! You there?!” Hayden searched for his superior.

             “It’s Noona, damn it!” Boa scolded.

             “Whatever! Why do I have pecks and a six pack?!” He asked.

             “Why question? Just be grateful!”

             “I want to know! Just tell me!”

             “Your body as a man reflects your body as a woman. You were fit and beautiful as a girl, therefore you are muscular and handsome as a boy. Comprende?!” She explained.

              “Oh, I guess that makes sense now."

              "Is that all? I have more important things to do!"

              "Yes, that's all. Bye.”

             Hayden mentally complemented himself for staying in shape when he was a girl. Now the outcome was spectacular. He quickly dressed himself and rushed downstairs to make breakfast for his new friend. He didn’t like calling her his job or his target. It wasn’t the way to look at things or to better the outcome if a friendly relationship wasn’t formed first. After a few cracking of eggs, adding of ingredients, and tosses of the spatula, a nice and scrumptious omelet was created. He placed it on a plate and put a cup of hot tea next to it.

             Taeyeon walked out of the room to the fresh smell of breakfast. Oh did she miss the smell. She missed waking up to an already made meal and a happy smile that accompanied it. It’d start her day warm and bright. Her feet took her downstairs and straight to the chair to sit down. Her hands went in route for the fork and knife and ate he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter