Chapter VI

The Perfect Fit

 

School was over for the day. J-Hope rode his motorcycle with Namjoon and in a few minutes, the two arrived in front of Namjoon’s house.

 

“Why did you offer to ride me home today?” Namjoon asked as he got off the motorcycle. “My house is just near the school dude~”

“Just be thankful man.” He mumbled

“I know but aren’t you supposed to give Yoonji a ride home?” Namjoon tilted his head

“I can’t, not today.” J-Hope replied

“What’s wrong?” Namjoon asked while he struggled to remove his helmet.

 “I nearly confessed to her.”

“Eh? Really?” Namjoon stopped from struggling and looked at J-Hope.

“Luckily the bell rang. I thought it’s a sign that today is not the day.” J-Hope sighed

 “You want to come in and talk?” Namjoon offered.

“Nah, it’s alright. I’ll just sleep this off. Maybe tomorrow.” He forced a smile

“Oh okay.”

“Just give me that helmet back tomorrow~” J-Hope said and started his motorcycle. “I’m going.”

“Ok bye.” Namjoon saluted. J-Hope did as well and drove off.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

J-Hope’s POV

 

Jung Hoseok. Pabo. When are you going to ask her?

 

I have been lying in my bed for a while now. I can’t sleep. Still thinking when should I confess.

This isn’t getting me anywhere. Ugh.

I turned to check what time is it. It happened to be 8 pm. So, “while” is apparently 2 hours. I sighed. I might as well go for a walk.

 

I got up, left my house, and started to walk along our neighborhood. I stopped at a small white house just 3 buildings away from ours. It is her grandma’s house. Yoonji used to live with her grandma when we were still in grade school. Back then, her parents moved to Seoul to make a living.

She moved out when her grandma died which is our 1st year in High School. His distant cousin now owns the house. Their new house is not that far also. It’s just 3 minutes away from here.

I looked at the attic window. Yoonji and I used to hide there when we pick persimmons from her precious persimmon tree just beside the house. Yoonji’s grandma is not the type who likes kids. She is grumpy and strict. She would scold us most of the time. I am even lucky to have the permission to get inside their house. Only I think because our clan is close to each other.

I smiled as dozens of memories came in my head.

 

Flashback:

 

(12 years old Yoonji and Hoseok)

 

“Hiya! Jung Hoseok~ Ppalliii. Before grandma sees us.” A petite girl hid behind the front door, acting as a lookout.

 

“WAIT!” The tall skinny young boy tried to lower his voice in spite of being annoyed. He was struggling to balance himself. He was standing on a thick branch, three feets above the ground.  He used his right to hold on to smaller branch and the left to get persimmons. So far, he got three, he only needs one more.

 

“Hoseok~ Get down. She is coming.” Yoonji ran towards the tree.

“Aish~ Just one more.” Hoseok tried to reach for it but he can’t.

“That’s enough!”

He lost his patience and started to shake the branch hard. To his delight. One persimmon fell from the tree. Yoonji got it and put it in the basket.

 

“Now get d-“

 

“YOU TWO! WHAT ARE YOU DOING THERE?”

 

The two turned to see Yoonji’s grandma at the door. Obviously angry.

 

“HOSEOK GET DOWN! IM GOING TO TELL THIS TO YOUR PARENTS!” The old woman shouted.

“YOU TWO GO INSIDE AFTER!”

 

Young Hoseok who was annoyed slowly went down from the tree as Yoonji waited for him at the bottom.

 

“Tsk. I already told you to go down~ But you didn’t” Yoonji grimaced.

“What so you can have two and I only have one?” Hoseok hopped to the ground and replied

“What are you talking about? I didn’t mean anything like that.” Yoonji replied who seems to be offended

“Nevermind. I’m going to be scolded by my parents again.” He sighed and walked away.

“Do you think I won’t be scolded as well?” She answered back

“Yours is different, Yoonji. I always get scolded NOT by my grandma but none other than my parents.”

Yoonji paused for a while. She seemed offended and at the same time, he pitied Hoseok.

“Yah! Where are you going?” Yoonji yelled

“Somewhere.” He mumbled and ran away.

“Didn’t you hear? You TWO GO INSIDE AFTER.” Yoonji yelled but Hoseok was already far away.

 

Hoseok really did not mean to tell Yoonji that. He was just annoyed of the situation because he is going to be scolded by his parents again.