Chapter VII

The Perfect Fit

 

J-Hope’s POV

I continued to walk until I reached yet another memorable spot. Our neighborhood’s playground and the pojangmacha near it. I think these ones the most memorable spot for me. This became a place where me and Yoonji usually when we are upset. We eat as much as we want. Where I get the money? Well, I have my ways. “Ways” which is not bad…well “not” that bad.

I ordered and sat at a table in the playground. I looked around and saw no one but just two kids in the swings eating ice creams.

 

Flashback:

Hoseok walked alone from school. Yoonji and he didn’t talk for 3 days now. That is a record. They have fought many times but they also make up afterwards. He must have hurt her after the incident in her grandma’s house. Today was really a bad day for him; he got into trouble in school again. He assumes that the school has reported it to her parents so he didn’t want to go home early. He has to think of a way to sneak in their house and what would he do the next day.

On the other hand, he is also worried about Yoonji. 3 days not talking to her is hard. He is his best friend. He left her that day, he felt guilty because he should be scolded as well. He thought that he had hurt with what he said. Also, if only he listened to her, they wouldn’t be caught. 

It’s 6 pm now and he still wandering around the neighborhood. He is more than upset so he decided to have some fishcakes at the pojangmacha near the playground. He reached to his pocket but sadly, he did not have money. Well her mom usually gives him 100 won but not today.

All of a sudden, his tummy grumbled. He felt hungrier.

 

“Ugh. What to do now?” He hugged his tummy as he tried to think of something.

“Jung Ho Seok.” He heard someone call him from the behind. He slowly turned to see Yoonji sitting in one of the swings in the playground. She still looked upset at him.

“Yoonji-ah.” He said weakly and walked to her direction.

Yoonji stared at her for a few seconds with an upset look then spoke. “What’s wrong?”

“Yoonji-ah mianhae~” He apologized still his hands on his tummy “I didn’t mean to leave you that day nor did I meant what I said…mianhae.” There was a few moments of silence then she spoke.

“Tsk. Arasso~” She sighed and smiled a bit. “But what’s wrong with you?”

“Isn’t it obvious? I’m hungry.” He mumbled and looked down

“Tss..I’ll let Mr. Sassy Pants off this time. Wait for me here. I’ll get something to eat.” She ordered.

“Hey stay thay there and wait for me no matter what eh?” He nodded and sat at one of the swings then Yoonji ran away.

 

After an hour, Yoonji still wasn’t back. It’s dark outside now as it was 7 in the evening. Hoseok his arms around his tummy and was quietly sobbing.

“Yoonji-ah” He cried weakly “Eodiya? Paego-apa”

 

After a few minutes, it started to rain. Even if wanted to go he can’t because he doesn’t have power to stand up anymore. He was beginning to have chills. His eyes searched for Yoonji but he can’t find her. His eyesight was beginning to blur. Just when he was about to close his eyes he heard Yoonji shouting.

 

“HOSEOK!” She heard her call as she ran towards him.

“Yoonji-ah.” He uttered weakly and forced himself to open his eyes. He saw Yoonji standing in front of him with an umbrella. She was holding a persimmon in her hands. But he noticed that she got a big wound on each of her legs that was bleeding badly.

Before he could even speak, Yoonji picked him up on his shoulders and dragged him to the pojangmacha.

Yoonji helped Hoseok sit.

 

“Ahjumma~ Can you please give us a soup please?” Yoonji asked

The old lady noticed the bruises on her legs and started to panic.

“Oh my~ What happened to your legs?” She asked as she gave her a bowl of soup.

Yoonji helped Hoseok drink the soup and replied. “This is nothing.” She smiled

“What do you mean nothing, we must cure that immediately! What happened?” The lady panicked

“I sorta feel off a tree.” Yoonji forced a smile

“What? Omo~ Wait there I’m going to get medicine.”

 

The lady went to look for medicine leaving the two. Yoonji turned to Hoseok who was staring at her.

"Yah Pabo~ You should have left and looked for food instead." Yoonji uttered

"But you said-"

"You should wait no matter what. I know. It's my fault as well. But you pabo~ Use your insitncts first. If you can't hold it anymore then you should have begged the ahjumma to give you even a small portion of fishcakes." Yoonji preached.

Inspite her wounds bleeding badly she still have the powet to give a sermon, Hoseok thought

"Why didn't you do th-....Nevermind." He sighed

“Go eat the persimmon. Don’t worry about me. I’m fine.” She forced a smile yet again. Hoseok knew she is trying not to show that she is hurt.

“Shin Yoonji.” He mumbled

“Hiya~ the soup is getting cold. Ppalli~” Yoonji said. She put her hands to his forehead to check if his temperature is high. “Yah, drink the soup. I should take you home afterwards. You look have a fever Jung Hoseok.”

“Shin Yoonji.” He uttered once again.

“Eung?”

He looked sincerely into her eyes “Gomawo.”

At that time, he felt more than touched by what she did. From then on he felt something new.