CHAPTER NINE

Black Paradise

CHAPTER NINE

 

The little devil who knows and posses all evil, do you even know that “good” is? Of course you do, because you have opened your heart. However, do you know how long you can keep that good up? Nobody is good forever, little devil. Nobody is good forever.

 

It was almost evening when Hongbin left Sanghyuk’s room, the latter falling asleep shortly after their conversation. Hongbin was making his way towards Hakyeon’s room when he sees a familiar figure standing by the elder’s door. Leaning, might be a more appropriate term. Hongbin slowly approached him; just enough to see his face and sees Wonshik. The older boy, however, didn’t see him.

Upon closer inspection, Hongbin sees that Wonshik was angry. The reason, however, was something he didn’t know but wanted to. “Is something wrong, Wonshik?” Hongbin asks, cautiously walking towards the boy. He knew that, although the boy was harmless, once he gets angry, he turns into a completely different person.

Wonshik ignores him and continues glaring at the floor. Hongbin waits for the boy to speak, silently wondering what had the boy so angry. “They’re calling Hakyeon-hyung. Calling him, Hongbin, calling,” Wonshik finally says, a minute after Hongbin.

The younger nods, although wondering what had made the older boy worried. It wasn’t the first time Hakyeon has been called, so, why would he be worried now? “I understand that, Wonshik, but why are you so worried? It’s not the first time Hakyeon-hyung’s being called by the adults, so I don’t see why-,”

Hongbin, however, wasn’t able to finish his sentence when Wonshik grabs him by the collar, lightly yet almost threateningly. “Hakyeon is hurt, Hongbin. Are you listening to me? He is HURT,” Wonshik dejectedly lets go of Hongbin’s collar and slides down to the floor. “He’s not like us, Hongbin. I don’t want anything like that to happen to him again. I don’t want to risk it,”

“Then, why don’t you ask them to allow you to accompany Hakyeon-hyung, if you’re so worried. Wouldn’t than calm your mind?” Hongbin asks. He looks at Wonshik who just stares at the floor like it was the most interesting thing. It was not until a minute later that Wonshik replied, although a bit tiredly.

“Do you seriously think they’ll allow me to do that, Hongbin? And even if they do allow someone to accompany him, why would they choose me? You know I already have a bad record with them, Kong. There’s no way they’d let me go with him. Besides, he already has someone,” Wonshik says, muttering the last sentence with so much anger. Hongbin waits for Wonshik to tell him who it was. “Jung Taekwoon, they’re making Jung Taekwoon come with Hakyeon-hyung,”

Hongbin nods and sits next to Wonshik. The two of them falls into a silence, both of them deep in their thoughts. It was Hongbin who broke it when he asked Wonshik the question that’s been on his mind since he sat next to the boy. “Do you not like Jung Taekwoon, Wonshik?”

Wonshik was taken aback by the question, although, he did a wonderful job of not showing it. He simply shrugs before giving it some thought. “It’s not that I don’t like him or anything. We don’t know each other that well for me to judge him yet; however, there is something about him that really makes me curious, Hongbin,”

“What is it, Wonshik?” Hongbin asks when a minute passed without Wonshik continuing his sentence. However, the boy still kept silent, his lips a straight line. Hongbin waited for the boy to speak, his curiosity at its top most. “Don’t keep me in the dark, Wonshik,” Hongbin says his patience almost up. Luckily, Wonshik finally looks him in the eyes.

“I wonder just how much Jung Taekwoon knows,”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Author's Note: ...And we see yet another '93-line interaction. Well, here's the ninth chapter. Can you believe it? It's actually a first for me; exceed 5 chapters, I mean. I feel kind of proud too. Currently, the story on my word has 20 pages and 6,706 words, excluding the author notes. Of course it's still a bit short compared to others but it makes me quite proud. Anyway, I'll go back to the story now. Questions: Why do you think is Wonshik worried with Hakyeon being called? What could have happened before that he didn't want to happen again? And, why does Wonshik have a little bit of resentment towards Taekwoon? Comment down your answers. It makes me happy seeing y'all thinking and answering. ALSO, YOU CAN CONTINUE ANSWERING THE BONUS.

BONUS: MATCH THE VIXX MEMBERS WITH THE "LITTLE" TITLES. PM ME YOUR ANSWERS. There's no price but the fact that you tried is already good enough. Of course, I won't tell you if you got it right or not.