CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Black Paradise

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

 

Hakyeon’s eyes widened as he looked at the younger male. He looks at the younger boys’ shocked expressions. “Y-you’re not denying it, hyung,” Jaehwan said, unable to believe that a boy like Sanghyuk would be responsible for Hakyeon’s wounds; considering that some of them were fatal (at least, to normal humans). “S-so it’s true...,”

The eldest looks away, not wanting to say anything. After a minute, he finally stands up and walks away. “If you’ve figured out that much, then there’s no reason for me to say anything else,” he said, a hitch present in his voice. Not giving a second glance, Hakyeon walks away.

Wonshik waits for Hakyeon’s figure to disappear before he turns his attention to Taekwoon who had his eyes fixed on his cast. “H-how did you know about that, hyung, that Sanghyuk’s the one who’s responsible for Hakyeon-hyung’s injuries?”

Taekwoon sighs as he slowly removes his cast, revealing his now fully recovered arm. He examined it slowly to make sure that it was now good as new. He could feel Wonshik behind him, still waiting for his answer. “It was a month ago. I happened to overhear them talking. Apparently, Hakyeon was calming Sanghyuk down. Seemed like he went out of control,”

Wonshik couldn’t say anything, neither could Jaehwan and Hongbin. The three of them just stood and watched Taekwoon. “A-and, you didn’t help Hakyeon-hyung? You just allowed him to get hurt? How could you do that, hyung? Why didn’t you-,”

Taekwoon glared at Jaehwan before walking away without another word. Jaehwan flinched as the older bumped against him but said nothing. He could only watch in silence as the older boy walked away, soon disappearing from their sight. “Did I-,”

“That wasn’t the case, Jaehwan. If it wasn’t for Taekwoon, I might have gotten a worse injury than what I had,” Hakyeon said, coming out of one of the doors and walking towards the fridge. “Of course, we all know how Taekwoon is, right? He doesn’t like to make himself the hero, but in this case, he is one,” Hakyeon says as he looks at his now healed arm. “So don’t think badly about him, alright?” he gives one last smile before leaving back the way he came.

Jaehwan doesn’t say a word and simply walks away from the younger boys. He aimlessly walks and soon finds himself in front of Taekwoon’s door; a place he hasn’t visited since they started getting harder assignments, which meant it’s been five years. He knocks lightly and waits for Taekwoon to allow him to enter. Without a word, Taekwoon simply opens the door for Jaehwan to enter. The boy does and closes the door behind him. “Hyung, I’m-I’m sorry. The things I said, I shouldn’t have,”

Taekwoon doesn’t do anything and simply continues reading his book. Jaehwan finds this uncomfortable but doesn’t say anything. Unfortunately, his patience suddenly runs out and he walks towards Taekwoon. “Hyung, yell at me. Scold me, do anything! Get angry at me, please, please...,” Jaehwan says as he feels tears run down his cheeks.

Taekwoon closes his book and stands up from his bed, gets something then walks back and kneels in front of Jaehwan. With a tissue, he quietly wipes Jaehwan’s tears before returning to his book. “I’m not mad, if it’s what you’re thinking. It was my fault for not explaining. I’m sorry for that,”

Jaehwan looks at Taekwoon with wide eyes. In the eight years that he had known Taekwoon, it was the first time that the older boy had apologized. Jaehwan finds himself smiling. He gives a playful pout as he pokes the elder’s forehead. “That’s not fair, hyung. I came here to apologize. You can’t just go and steal the moment, you know,”

Taekwoon looks at Jaehwan who now had a smile on his face. “Well, I should get going; I don’t want to disturb you from your reading, after all. I’ll see you tomorrow morning, hyung. Good night,” Jaehwan smiles as he walks out of the room and lightly closes the door. His smile, however, soon fades as he leans on Taekwoon’s door.

“This isn’t right,”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Author's Note: Presenting, the fourteenth chapter. I'm trying to update as much as I can during the short break that I have (at least, in between spazzing due to Seo In Guk & Lee Jongsuk being here and being depressed for not being able to see them). This is just a continuation of the previous chapter, as you can see. Here, Taekwoon explains, in his own way, how he knew about Hyuk and Hakyeon. Well, comments are very much appreciated. It's what makes me continue writing. However, the lack of feedback from you, my readers, kind of depresses me. I comment would be nice, at least. :)

On a lighter note, OMG! I'm breathing the same air as Seo Inguk and Lee Jongsuk! LOL. They're currently in Davao right now (my city) and yeah. However, I wasn't able to see any of them. Aww. :'(