CHAPTER TWENTY

Black Paradise

CHAPTER TWENTY

 

“Don’t touch me,” Wonshik yells as he slaps Hongbin’s hand away. He felt dirty; as if he could contaminate Hongbin in anyway if he touches him. He was disgusted with himself. He was filled with self-loath that he had to resist the urge to beat himself to death. “I-I can’t believe I did that,” he whispers, his voice barely a whisper as he looks at his hands, the very same hands which held the gun; the very same hands which pulled the trigger.

Hongbin could only watch as his friend crumbled in front of him. What was he supposed to say? What was he supposed to do? Even the softest of words could not comfort the boy. Even Hongbin himself couldn’t believe what Wonshik had done; what they had done. Was it finally happening? Was what they had feared the most finally coming true? Were they becoming monsters?

However, Hongbin’s thoughts were interrupted when Taekwoon finally spoke. “It was not your fault; nor was it ours. We are not the ones to be blamed. Sure, maybe it was you who had pulled the trigger, but you were under the influence of the serum; you weren’t thinking. You weren’t in control of your body,”

Wonshik looks at Taekwoon, absorbing his words. Just when he was about to accept it, that voice; the voice they loath so much, whispers into their ear. “Yes, yes, tell yourself that but remember, the serum only acts out your innermost feelings. You may say that you didn’t want to shoot him, but your conscience says so otherwise,”

“Shut up! Shut the up!” Wonshik screams at no one as he clutches his head in an attempt to cover the voice. It doesn’t stop, however, and keeps repeating the same words, almost sounding like a chant. “Don’t tell me lies. Shut up,” Wonshik says, his voice almost a whisper.

Hongbin looks away, unable to watch any longer. Seeing Wonshik so weak broke Hongbin’s heart. The slightly older male was always so strong, so confident in his own shoes that it hurt seeing him crumble. Hongbin covers his hear, an attempt to drain out Wonshik’s voice when a loud slap was heard. Surprised, Hongbin looks at Wonshik’s direction and sees Taekwoon’s hand retracting from slapping Wonshik.

“I-,” Wonshik starts, his hand soothing the reddened spot. He looks at Taekwoon before dropping his gaze. He remains silent for a few moments before slowly standing up, his legs a little wobbly from the lack of movement. “Thank you, hyung,”

Wonshik looks at the two boys, determination in his eyes. “We have to look for them. The news of them escaping will reach the administration and of course, they’ll send us out to look for them. This will also be our chance to escape,” Wonshik says. The two boys look at him. “Don’t get me wrong; I still despise myself for pulling the trigger but I’ll hate myself even more if I just sit here and do nothing,”

Right then, as if on cue, a member of the administration enters their room with a file on hand. “Patients Hakyeon, Jaehwan and Sanghyuk have escaped. Your task is to capture them in any means possible; even if you have to gravely injure them. They have to be sent back here immediately. All three of you will be sent on this assignment,” the man says, his face void of any emotions. The boys resist the urge to grab the man by his collar and demand that they let them go but knowing the consequences, they do nothing but nod. “You leave immediately,”

The boys nod, a silent understanding evident in their eyes. Unknown to them, in a different room, an elderly male wearing a white lab gown was watching them with his lips a thin grim line. With a snap of his fingers, a uniformed male enters the room, waiting for his instructions.

“Erase their memories,”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Yes, yes, I know, I know, I'm a bad author. I've just been so out of it lately and with the news about Kris, well, I just became depressed. Anyway, HAVE YOU HEARD? VIXX IS COMING BACK! Wee!!! I can't even contain my excitement! Finally! I can't....aaahhhh!
And also, I've reached 200+ subs! OH MY GOD. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR STICKING AROUND AND WAITING FOR UPDATES. I CAN'T EXPLAIN HOW HAPPY I WAS WHEN I SAW THE NUMBER OF SUBS. THANK YOU AGAIN. *BOWS*