CHAPTER SIXTEEN – The Beginning

Black Paradise

CHAPTER SIXTEEN – The Beginning

 

The usual ride was a quiet one; Taekwoon and Hongbin silently looking out of the window and Wonshik sleeping. It was to be expected though, considering that it was the first time the three of them were being called together – the Hydes.

The silence was broken, however, the moment the car stops and the boys do not see the usual old and gray building they’ve come to know after years of ‘visiting’ it during their assignments. “Where are we?” Wonshik asks, taking a look at his surroundings. They were in what seemed like a research facility, somewhere outside of Seoul, deep into the mountain.

“Take them in,” one of the doctors signals the guards who nodded their heads. The next thing they know, Taekwoon, Wonshik and Hongbin now had their arms tied behind them in a very secure knot. “Bring them in,”

The inside of the facility was exactly like the facilities in paradise, the only difference was that this particular facility had modern equipment; machineries the boys have never seen anywhere.

Walking deeper into the facility, the boys could feel all eyes on them; as if they were some animal on display. There were looks of curiosity, anxiety, wonder and disgust – looks that the boys saw on a daily basis. The boys continue walking until they reach a door and a label that read ‘NEW’ on it. Without another word, the three boys were pushed into the room.

“Damn this,” Wonshik says, gritting his teeth. He had a bad feeling about going into this ‘assignment,’ like always, but he didn’t really expect that they’d end up in some unknown facility. Although, of course, what worried Wonshik the most was what will happen to the three boys left in paradise; what will happen to Hakyeon.

Taekwoon positions himself so that he was sitting down. He looks around them and sees that they were in an empty room; there was nothing in it. The walls, ceilings and floors were bare and painted white. He knew that if he stayed there longer, he might go insane. He tries to see another way out but gives up when he finds out that the only way in and out of the room was through the door they went into; which was now locked.

“So we’re stuck here, huh,” Hongbin mutters, slowly untying the ropes tied around his wrists. The two boys sigh but doesn’t say a word in response to Hongbin. He finishes untying himself and looks at Taekwoon who was next to him for his hands. Taekwoon just shakes his head and shows that he has untied himself. “You’re fast. Wonshik,” Wonshik shakes his head as well, already free from his ropes.

Wonshik sighs and finally seats down beside Hongbin. He looks at the two other boys. “What should we do now?” Wonshik asks although he knew that the two boys didn’t have an answer as well. They fell into a silence until the door opens and a uniformed man enters the room. “Who are you?”

The man doesn’t say anything nor attempt to respond to Wonshik’s question. Instead, he takes out a syringe from his pocket and wordlessly injects the boys with whatever is inside. The boys find themselves feeling drowsy and soon lose consciousness. The man takes notes of this and soon leaves.

A man watches the scene from above the room, in another room, smaller than the one the boys were at. Beside him was a woman in her in her sixties. The two exchange knowing looks and the man leaves. The woman goes nearer the viewing window. She sighs before touching the glass.

“The final stages will soon be upon us. The experiment is nearing its completion. What will happen next is now in the hands of the boys.”

 

 

 

 

 

 


Okay, so I don't really know if you've been paying attention to the news/story feed, but as I've mentioned there, I (buttermage) have moved accounts (-cldte). Or rather, I've decided to just use my own name and account. The account 'buttermage' was just some sort of 'roleplay' account. Well, now that that's settled, I'll move on to the chapter. I don't know if you've noticed but I've changed my writing style, although I tried my best to retain the original way I wrote this story but if you compare black paradise with monstrosity, they're really different. Anyway, comments are greatly appreciated.

ALSO, I DEEPLY AND SINCERELY APOLOGIZE FOR THE LACK OF UPDATES. I'VE JUST BEEN SO BUSY WITH SCHOOL THAT I ENDED UP GETTING WRITER'S BLOCK WITH THIS STORY. I HAVEN'T REALLY GOTTEN OVER IT YET (HENCE, THE LAME UPDATE) BUT I FIGURED I'VE MADE YOU WAIT TOO LONG (A LITTLE OVER THAN 2 MONTHS TOO). I don't know, however, if I'll be able to update during the holidays 'coz I'll be leaving (going to another city) and I'm not sure if I'll have stable internet connection there (laptop isn't the issue since I always bring it).

I'll end here since this author's note is already too long.
Anyway, HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

 

side note: anyone here from the Philippines and is going to the KNATION5? If you see me, don't hesitate to approach me :3