CHAPTER ONE

Black Paradise

CHAPTER ONE

 

Yes, that’s right, that’s right. Reach out and grab the item in front of you. Isn’t it sharp? It’s so small and yet so deadly. Yes, walk towards him, just go and walk towards him. Yes, stab him, stab him everywhere. Stab him in the heart. Stab him in his stomach. Yes, that’s right; you’re doing the right thing. Yes, you’ve rid the world of yet another evil. You’re doing the right thing, little murderer.

 

[SEOUL, Year 20XX]

JUNG TAEKWOON stood in front of a tall, gray building with his suitcases beside him. Earlier that day, his father had told him that he was going to be staying there from now on. Taekwoon didn’t really question his father and just nodded. However, Taekwoon did question the validity of his father’s decision of making him stay there. The place looked like a precinct, or an asylum, in his opinion.

“Maybe it’s just right that I stay here from now on. I don’t think I’m normal, after all,” the 10-year old boy thought to himself as he pulled his suitcases and walked towards the gate. He stopped on his tracks, however, when he heard the sound of suitcases rushing towards him.

“Watch out!” a voice called out but before Taekwoon could comprehend what was going on, the suitcases have collided with him. The next thing he knew was that he was on the floor with a huge suitcase on top of him. Taekwoon grunted at the weight of the object. He heard footsteps running towards him before a hand were stretched out in front of him.

The boy in front of him panted as he helped Taekwoon stand. “I’m so sorry! It was an accident, really. Although it was partly your fault for not listening to me and stepping aside, but I admit it is hugely on my side. Anyway, are you okay? Should I take you to the hospital?”

Deciding that he didn’t want to listen to the boy rant about how it was Taekwoon and his’ fault, the former turned around and face the gate once more. However, this didn’t stop the boy from speaking, this time, however, finally getting Taekwoon’s attention.

“Oh, so you’re going to be staying here too? Wow, that’s amazing. We could be friends, since we’ll be living under one roof from now on. Isn’t that nice? Having friends on your first day? Maybe we can be roommates too, let’s be roommates, shall we-,”

“You’re staying here too? You’re getting thrown away in this place as well, huh. I wonder what’s wrong with you,” Taekwoon said, slightly looking at the boy. He, however, didn’t say it with any trace of sincerity in his voice. He said it in such a mocking voice that the boy would be stupid if he didn’t get Taekwoon’s point.

Either that or the boy decided to completely ignore it when he spoke again, in his usual loud and cheery voice. “Don’t say that we’re getting thrown away. My father said that because we are the future of science, we must stay in this place to prevent people from misusing us,” he said. Taekwoon however, didn’t hear the rest of what he chattered about when the gates finally opened the the boy walked in.

The inside was exactly how Taekwoon had imagined it. The inside of building was as big as it was outside. It actually looked more like a factory now, rather than a precinct. On each side were rows of buildings, each tall, gray and cold. There were sounds coming from one of the buildings but Taekwoon decided to dismiss it as sounds made by the machineries inside.

The two boys continued walking deeper into the place, the loud boy finally quiet as he became amazed by how big and “interesting” their new “home” was. It was all quiet when Taekwoon suddenly snickered at the banner placed in front of the building they’ll be living in from now on.

“Welcome to Paradise.”

 

 


AUTHOR's NOTE: Here is the first chapter. As you can see, it's more of an introductory chapter and is centered mostly on Taekwoon and the unnamed boy. Do you have any guess on who the loud boy is? Although, I think it might be a little bit obvious. Anyway, comments are appreciated and subscriptions are loved.