CHAPTER EIGHT

Black Paradise

CHAPTER EIGHT

 

The little angel who gives everything he has to the people around him. So selfless, considerate and kind, this little angel sees no evil in people around him. What if this little angel, who knew no evil, wasn’t actually as open as he seemed to be?

 

Jaehwan frowned as he walked away from the corridor. After overhearing Sanghyuk’s and Wonshik’s conversation, the boy felt his heart sink. He wondered to himself, what they had meant by not being able to leave. Jaehwan was so caught up in his thoughts that he didn’t see a figure in front of him and ended up colliding with the other boy.

“I’m so sorry!” Jaehwan immediately said when he realized he was already on the floor. Looking in front of him, he sees a vaguely familiar face; it was the boy from last night. Jaehwan’s eyes widened at the realization. “Y-you’re that boy from last night!”

The boy – Hongbin – smiled, his dimples showing. “It’s nice to see you, I guess, but I don’t recall ever seeing you last night? I was out, after all,” Hongbin explained, standing up and extending his hand to help Jaehwan stand up. The boy accepted and was now standing up, dusting himself but not without looking at the younger boy in front of him.

Jaehwan looks into Hongbin’s eyes and doesn’t see the cold hostility from the night before. He finally lets out the breath he didn’t realize he was holding. “By the way, I don’t think we’ve been introduced before. My name is Lee Hongbin, and you are?”

“I’m Jaehwan, Lee Jaehwan. We have the same surnames, we must be related,” Jaehwan jokes and puts on a huge grin. Hongbin smiles back as he shakes the elder’s hand. “By the way, Hongbin, are you sure you don’t remember us meeting last night?” Jaehwan asked, still a little bit sceptical.

Hongbin nods his head. “I was out last night, Jaehwan-hyung; I can call you that, right?” Jaehwan nods at the question. “Also, I’m sure I’ll remember you, if I did see you last night. And besides, I wasn’t around last night. I just came back a while ago, a lot earlier than anticipated too,” Hongbin mutters the end.

Jaehwan nods his head. “Oh, that’s right. I remember hearing Sanghyuk looking for you earlier, Hongbin. I think you should go and see him right now,” Jaehwan says, suddenly remembering Sanghyuk looking for the boy earlier. Hongbin nods, turns around and walks away, waving a small goodbye before he disappeared.

When he was no longer in sight, Hongbin sighs and tilts his head, finally slowing his pace. He thinks back on his encounter with Jaehwan and wonders why the older boy seemed to know him when in fact, it was the first time they have ever met. Deciding to set that thought aside, Hongbin’s smile returned when he came face to face with Sanghyuk’s door.

Hongbin lightly knocked on the door. Although he heard some rustling, he didn’t have to wait long until the younger boy opened the door. “Sangh-,” Hongbin wasn’t able to finish his greeting when the younger boy suddenly engulfed him in a tight hug.

“I was so scared, hyung. I thought something bad had happened to you when the hyungs said that you were called. I’m glad you’re safe,” Sanghyuk said before letting go of the older boy. Hongbin ruffled the boy’s hair before entering his room.

The two boys sat on the bed, Sanghyuk hugging his pillow. “How about you, Sanghyuk, I heard you were summoned yesterday. I’m sorry I wasn’t able to see you off. I was away,” Hongbin apologized, a sad smile on his face. Sanghyuk shook his head.

“That’s okay hyung. I understand. And, yeah, I was summoned yesterday. There’s not much change, actually. It’s still the same procedure, although, I guess there is a little bit of difference form before...,” Sanghyuk paused, unsure of whether or not to continue. Hongbin nodded, urging him to do so.

“It seems like they’re becoming paranoid. I don’t know why though,”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Author's Note: Here's the overdue chapter eight. I'm sorry for not updating sooner. I've just been quite busy with exams and everything else that I kinda neglected this story. Another reason is that, I haven't conceptualized this chapter until now. Also, another reason, and probably the biggest reason is that, I feel kind of sad that nobody except Rovixx369 commented about the seventh chapter. I'm starting to wonder if you're starting to find the story boring. Well, I hope not. I do hope you're still enjoying. Anyway, on with the story. As you can see, Jaehwan and Hongbin formally met, however, seemed like Kong doesn't remember Jaehwan. Questions: Why doesn't Kong remember Jaehwan (or does he)? What is the difference between getting called and getting summoned as seen here? Also, why do you think are the adults starting to get paranoid? For what reason?

Bonus: Can you match the VIXX members with the characters in the red texts (murderer, angel, etc) based on their chapters? If you think you know, PM me (although I won't say if you're right or not).