Recovery really?

The Frog Prince on a Bus

With that my little flashback was just like a mere dream… A figment of my imagination, there was nothingness in my head. Lazily I opened my eyes, to find nothing but white. Few people clicked their hands near my ears. I distant shout from my right side could be heard vaguely. But nothing seemed so serious to me.

“Why so serious?” I muttered as I pushed away the stupid people still clicking in front of me.

The nurses seemed just a tad annoyed, but what else would you do if they wouldn’t stop clicking? Right?  

“Calm down, it’s a small of procedure we have to take.” the nurse said still trying to push me back onto the bed.

A large hand grasped mine from my left. Slowly as I turned around it was the same scarred face. My whole face shot up red, and what more, the heart gage on the side was going crazy at the same time and with that I fell flat back on to the bed when both of the nurses pushed me one last time.

“Gwenchannah?” he asked in a strange accent.

I nodded speechless, the beeping sound was still going pretty fast in the background but it didn’t matter to me anymore. I just kept on replaying the scene when he revealed his face to me

“It worried me when you fell to the ground all of a sudden.”

Then my brain stopped all together, “What? That was you?” I blurted out loud without even thinking.

“Um..” he hesitated slightly, “No that was my bother.”

“Well, that made things clearer. So how come you ended up here then?” I asked still intrigued at what had happened after I fell gracefully to the ground.

“I just happened to pass by…” he muttered.

“So, the infamous Thai prince NichKhun just happened to walk by and picked up a fallen princess, kinda like a fairy tale don’t you think?” I smiled fakely, raising my eye brow.

“Sums it up really, I couldn’t have just left you there.” He said seriously.

-Who knew he would be so serious- I thought to myself.

“I kinda recognized you from the morning you’re the same girl right?” he asked getting a little closer, still holding my hand.

“Mm, yeah. If it’s not too much, could I ask you something?” I asked, wondering about a few things and not quite sure what to ask just yet.

He nodded in acceptance and placed his other hand under mine.

“How did you get those scars?” I asked hesitantly.

I could sense the uncomfortable aura around him, his hands dropped mine and turn his back towards me on his squeaky spin chair.

“Sorry was I not…” he cut me off and started talking.

His head was point to the ground like something was written on them, “It wasn’t that long ago, that this happened. Something that defied science, I guess. I got a curse, because of who I was.”

As he turned around he had a huge grin on his face and finished the story by saying “Or something like that.”

I was still very much interested in his story, but what did he mean by the curse?