Today's the Day

Revenge

2. Today's the Day

     Present day

     Author's POV

  "Gosh, this kid." Lay said as he looked disappointedly at his best friend. "It's already 9:00 and he's still not awake. He's going to be late." Lay padded his way over to his friends bedside and prodded his bum with his fist. "Yah, get up. You're going to be late." 

     Kris' POV

  "Ugh, what?" I groaned as Lay continually punched my .  "Get up. Today is the day you've been preparing for. Don't wanna be late do you?" Realization clicked in my brain; today I was going to met her. I lazily swung my legs out of my bed and shuffled to the bathroom to get ready. When I was done I came out of the bathroom looking like a God. "Woah, I think she'll be stunned by the site of you, haha" Lay grinned at me as he poured his morning coffee. "I sure hope so. She's supposed to be." I thought to myself, "Of course she will, they all are." I said with a confident smirk on my face. "Tch, okay," Lay said, ". . .and you know where she'll be, right?" he asked questioningly. "Yeah, I know. I've already got all this down. She stops by the Café everyday in the morning before she goes to work." I grabbed my wallet, phone, and keys and headed for the door. "Hey Yi Fan," Lay said as he stared at me intensely. "What?" I asked not wanting to miss her. ". . .good luck." He said looking down at his mug, not wanting to look me in the eyes. "Thanks" I said cooly, not letting any emotion show on my face. I knew Lay wasn't pleased with what I was doing, but I needed to do this. He needs to understand that. 

     Your POV

   As usual I walked down the busy streets of Seoul to the Café that was only a block from my work. I'm not sure if managing the biggest of my father's hotels is what I wanted to do but it's what my father wants. In my spare time I like to write poetry or stories or play the grand piano my father bought me when I was young. I've published a few of my poems and books and I don't HATE working at my dad's hotel so it's fine. [sigh] I could see the small Café up ahead and started to quicken my pace. I opened the door to a cute, cottage looking coffe shop that flowed with a relaxing aura. A smile crept to my lips as I breathed in the smell of freshly ground coffee beans. I walked over to the counter and ordered my usual and waited. I looked around the Café, admiring the paintings they had displayed on the walls until my eyes landed on a very handsome guy who was looking back at me. I felt my blood rush to my cheeks and I quickly looked away. "Who is he? I've never seen him here at the Café before. . ." I thought to myself. "Miss, your order is ready." the sweet ajumma behind the counter said to me. "Oh, thank you." I said and smiled at her warmly. I glanced up at the clock mounted on the wall, "Aish, I'm going to be late." I mumbled under my breath and turned around quickly, spilling my coffee all over the person behind me. "Omo! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to do that, I wasn't paying attention." I frantically said as I rushed back to the counter to grab some napkins. "You should watch where you're going more instead of absorbing yourself in your thoughts." said a deep voice. A little shocked by the response, I looked up from dabbing his shirt and saw that it was the handsome guy that was looking at me before. "Oh. .I-I uhm" I stuttered searching for the right words to say. "Ah, don't stop dabbing, it'll be stained for good!" He said staring at the brown spill that ruined his nice shirt. "I'm really sorry. .sir. . .here, I could pay for your dry cleaning?" I said as I pulled out my wallet. "Dry cleaning won't save this shirt, it died the minute you splashed your cappuccino on it." He said looking down at his shirt. "Well, I have to go to work right now sir or else I'll be late. You could stay in the lobby of the hotel until I have a new shirt sent down to you." I said trying to please the guy so I could leave. ". . .fine," he said, "but I don't want to wait in a lobby where everyone can see this hideous stain. They'll get the idea that some baby had an accident on me. I'll wait in your office, manager Suzy." He said nonchalantly. I laughed at his ridiculousness and then stopped and realized he said my name. "How do you know who I am?" I asked him cautiously. "Your father owns all the good hotels in Korea. Who hasn't seen your pictures plastered everywhere?" He said impatiently and looked outside. I couldn't help but blink a few times and stare at the guy in wonder,"He's different. . ." I thought to myself. "Are you going to stand there and stare at me all day or are you going to take me to get a clean shirt?" He said his voice and face expressing his impatientness. "You know, you could be a little less diva like. It's only a shirt, goodness." I said and strode towards the door. "Sorry for the mess ajumma!" I hollered at the counter and gave her an apologetic smile. I saw the corners of the guys lips twitch up ever so slightly. I pursed my lips and strode out the door and looked back to see he wasn't following me. "This guy." I thought to myself and walked back to the door and saw him staring intensely at the ground while pressing his finger into his temple. "Are you coming?" I asked, throwing him a weird look. "Hm? Oh, yeah" he said and walked along side me. "Now look who's absorbed into their thoughts." I giggled and shook my head as I lead the way to my father's hotel. 

  

 

A/N: Okay...this story may not have pictures to go with it so I'm sorry :( but on the bright side that gives you more of a chance to use your imagination. Haha. I hope you enjoyed this chapter~ sorry if Ben Ben came out as super diva like haha. I'm trying mah best. ^^ I'll update ASAP. :3