1998

Revenge

1. 1998

     Author's POV

   Kris beamed at his father when he walked into their small apartment. "Dad, you're home!", he shouted as he ran into his father's arms. "Yes, I'm home," he tirelessly smiled at his son "what have you been up to while I was gone Yi Fan?" "Oh nothing really," Kris replied "just watched some TV." Kris' dad gave him a grin and a pat on the head before trudging to his small bedroom which he shared with his son. Kris' father slowly undressed his clothes and achingly laid down on their make-shift bed of blankets on the floor. He worked 3 jobs to support his small family of two. Kris' mother had died while giving birth to him. Life was very hard on them, but Kris' father was able to push through it for his son; he was his everything.  

   After his short nap, Kris' father woke up to his little 8 year old boy lounging on their tattered up couch watching their dinky television. He chuckled as he strolled over to the television and turned it off,"Don't you think that's enough damage to your brain cells for one night kido?" "But daaad," "No buts Yi Fan. Come on, wanna help me set up for dinner?" "No. . ." Kris mumbled under his breath as he dragged himself to the kitchen. His father chuckled,"Sorry bud, maybe next time." Kris' father wasnt the best cook in the world but it would have to do. After they finished their meal Kris helped his father clean up the dishes and then plopped on the couch together. Not even 5 minutes later, there was a stampede of harsh knocks on their door. "Open up you rat, I know you're in there!!!" Some one with a raspy voice yelled. Kris' father's eyes widened at the sound of the voice. "Dad, what's wrong? Who's at the door?" Kris curiously asked his father. "N-nothing Yi Fan. . . It's just my boss." He said quickly as he grabbed Kris and rushed him into their room. "Dad why're you bringing me here? What's wrong?" Kris asked his father impatiently. "Nothing Yi Fan!" he said as his fear trickled into his voice. Kris looked at his father confused and scared wondering why his father looked so scared for the first time in his life.  His dad grabbed him and put him in a large cardboard box and shoved it in the closet, flinging clothes ontop of it. "Dad!! What're you doing!?" Kris shrieked trying to get out. "No Yi Fan stop," he said strongly to his son,"you must stay here. Do you understand me? Do not come out, do not say a word. Everything will be fine." *Bang Bang Bang* ringed through the apartment as the person outside tried to break in. Kris' dad jumped a little as he ran across the room and quickly rummaged through their dresser for something. When he came back he had a big yellow package in his trembling hands. He quickly put it in the box with Kris and covered it with clothes once more. "Hang on to this okay son? " ". . .okay dad" Kris squeaked trying to hold in his fear. "Yi Fan, everything's going to be okay. . .I love you son." "I love you too dad. . ." 

   Kris' father took one deep breath before he unlocked the door and opened it to his 'visitors'. Three angry looking men strutted into his shabby apartment and glared at him. Two of the men we're quite built and roughly grabbed Kris' dad by the arms and threw him against the wall, shaking the whole apartment. The last of the three, a well dressed and stocky man strode over to him and looked at him with his dagger eyes,"Where is it?" He asked cooly containing his rage. "I'm sorry sir, but I don't understand what you're talking about" Kris' father said calmly. "You KNOW what I'm talking about you filthy rat!. . . We've been through this conversation many times now, and I'm getting VERY impatient. This is your last chance to give it to me. Where.is.it?" He said clearly furious with Kris's dad. ". . .I'm very sorry sir, but even if I had it with me right now, I'd never give it to you." He said nonchalantly. "YAAAAAAH!!!" The stocky man yelled and started to throw punches at Kris' father until he was bleeding in various places. Kris' father groaned and slumped onto the floor trying to catch his breath. The stocky man kicked his shoulder roughly and took out a gun from a gun case hidden under his jacket. "TELL ME!!!" He shouted angrily. "N-no . . ." Kris' father croaked out. *BANG BANG* 

     Kris' POV

   *BANG BANG* 

"What was that?? Is dad okay?? Should I get out . . .wait, he said to stay here..."  I thought to myself as I panicked. Quietly I shifted over so I could peek out of a hole on the side of the box. [gasp] My eyes widened as I saw what lay ahead of me. My father's body was covered in blood and he laid there on the floor. I was about to shout, to wail, to run out of this box and to my dad until I realized our visitors were still there. I saw the three men ransacking our home, hungrily searching for something. "What could we have that they want SO bad?" I wondered as my eyes drifted back to my father's dead body. My eyes quickly shot to a pair of legs that slowly strode into the bedroom. My heart was racing so fast and so hard I could've sworn they could hear it. The legs came over and stood right I front of me and I held my breath afraid of what would happen next. "Jin! Come on, there's nothing here. . .at least we got rid of the threat." The stocky man hollered at the room and looked at my father in disgust. The legs stood there for a good 30 more seconds before slowly turning around to their leader. I silently let out my breath and looked at my dad again until I knew they had left. I slowly pushed open the box and crawled out. Grasping the yellow package in my hands I stumbled over to my father. "D-dad?. . ." I could barely whisper. I kneeled down next to my dad and stared at his face. His eyes were still open. I felt my hot tears tumble down my cheeks and let my cries escape my burning throat. "Dad! Dad g-get up. . .they're gone now. . . You can stop pretending." I squeaked. My father didn't move. "DAAAD!!!" I cried and grasped onto his lifeless hand. "Please, come back. . ." 

 

 

 

A/N: Hey guys~ This was a sad way to begin the story I know, I know but I thought it would be good to start off the story with you knowing what happened to Kris' father. Again I'm sorry, I just wanted to give you some info D; I'll try to update soon mkay!? ^^