Birthday Party

Revenge

6. Birthday Party

 

    "What do I wear? What do I wear?? What do I wear!?!?" you thought frantically to yourselfYour clothes were scattered all over your room as though your closet had thrown up. "Aish!" you sighed as you run your fingers through your hair. 

    Pouting, you shuffled back to your nearly empty closet in search of something to wear. Just as you were about to give up, your eyes landed on something towards the back that caught your attention. It was the dress that Hwan oppa had gotten you for Christmas last year:

Party dress

    You gently unhooked the dress from its hanger and laid it on your bed. You could feel the air around you getting thicker and your pulse beating faster. There was a sharp pain in your chest as you remembered that day. Those memories. 

    You quickly shook your head, coming back to your senses. The dress was super fancy. It was cute.  You had only worn it once. You slip the dress on and look at your reflection in the full body mirror on your wall. A small smile creeps to your lips. . .this is what you'll wear.

     It was already 3:30 p.m. and you still had to do your hair, nails, and make up. You called Yoona over to come and help you and keep you company. 

    "Aww, you look so pretty~!" Yoona squealed  as so walked into your room. "Tch, whatever." you say as you plop onto your bed. You had your nail polish and make up kit next to you and you guys got started. 

    After that you curled your hair into cute brown waves then laid on your bed. It was now 5:46 p.m. and you had nothing to do. "Yah, how come you got ready so early?  You must be really excited to see him, huh?" Yoona said eyeing you suspiciously.

     "No, I was just bored and had nothing to do. . . !"  you said guiltily. Yoona and you spent the rest of the time talking about things like work or K-pop boys. Then, the door bell rang and your eyes grew round. "He's here. . ." you squeaked. 

    Yoona gave a sigh and narrowed her eyes at you as she went to get the door. You quickly stood up and grabbed your hand bag and followed her. 

Kris' POV

    I drove up to her big glamorous house and eyed it. "Who even needs a house this big?" I thought as I got out of the car and sauntered to the door. 

    The door itself was massive. It was probably 8-9 feet tall. I couldn't help but snicker at it. "This is ridiculous." I said under my breath and rang the bell. 

    On the other side of the door I could hear rapid footsteps and shuffling. The door swung open and I was greeted by some strange girl. I raised a brow,"Is this not the Bae residence?" I said as I eyed the girl.

    "Tch. . ." the girl snickered at me,"yeah it is. Look here mister, you better treat Sue well or I'll beat you up!" the small girl said with her fist in my face. "Yeah yeah." I said, shoving her fist out of my face. 

    Behind the girl, I saw some movement. It was Sue. She was dressed in a cute dress with her hair and make up done and everything. She looked pretty. But I wasn't going to admit that. "Is this your definition of descent?" I said with a raised eye brow.

     She briefly looked down at her self then glared back at me,"Aish!" She said biting her lip. I smirked at her, "Come on, we're going to be late." 

    She turned to the girl who opened the door and hugged her, "I'll be back." she said with a wave. 

Author's POV

    You turned to Kris and followed him to his car. As you got to the passengers seat, Kris' had suddenly grasped the car handle and opened it for you. You turned to him wih a surprised look. "I can be a gentleman you know." he said as he looked away from you. 

   You pursed you lips and got into his car. This was so weird. You hardly know Kris or his friends. "Aish~ I shouldn't have let myself get dragged into this." you moaned in your head. 

    After a silent 20 minute drive you arrived to a nice house that seemd to belong to a wealthy family. The house didn't have all the fancy attributes like yours did, it wasn't as big as yours either.

    You both walked up to the house. The doors were open and there was a security guard at the front. "Ah, Hello Sir." He said and bowed to Kris. Kris slightly bowed his head with a small smile own his lips,"Hello ahjussi" "The boys should be in the main room sir." the ahjussi said and motioned into the house. "Thank you." Kris said and walked into the house. 

    Your heart was beating fast and your palms were sweaty. You shouldn't have come. You don't know anyone. Why were you being so senseless just because this boy batted his eyes for you. 

    Kris noticed your uncomfort and offers his arm for you, not even looking at you. Gingerly, you held onto his arm as he lead you to a room full of people. Out of all of them, there were 10 boys that stood out in the crowd. They were all quite good looking. 

    They turned ther heads in your direction and smiled. Your cheeks burned red and you looked up at Kris. He had a smile on his face as he saw the boys. He closed the space between you all and he greeted them. 

    "Hyung, you made it!" one of the boys yelled and beamed at Kris. Kris smiled fondly at the boy and ruffled his hair,"Course I came Tao." The boys laughed until their eyes rested on you. 

    "Oh, I nearly forgot. This is Suzy Bae. She's here to accompany me here." he explained to them. "Suzy Bae. . .? Doesn't your father own all the best hotel in Korea??" One boy asked. "Yeah, he does. It's nice to meet you all." you said smiling at the shyly. "Woah, how'd you get her to come with you Hyung?" Tao asked Kris curiously. 

     "She spilt her coffee on me a few days ago. I figured she owed me." he said to them. You pursed your lips. "I bought you new clothes though. . ." You said glaring at him. 

    "I guess he just wanted to see you again Suzy." another boy said teasing Kris. You blushed and looked at Kris who nonchalantly shrugged. You met eye contact. His stare has so deep, so serious. You shivered and galanced away. "Aish, I should've stayed home" you think to yourself, feeling very uncomfortable. 

     You all talk and dance until it's about 10:30 and you tell Kris you want to go home. Once you arrive back home he opens the door for you again and walks you to the door. "Uhm, thanks for tonight. . ." you say awkwardly looking at your feet. Kris gently takes his finder and lifts your chin up so he could see your face.

    "Thanks for coming. See you again Sue." and with that he returned to his car and drove away. You stood there staring in the direction that he drove off in. Wondering why he seemed interested in you. 

    Your mind traveled back into your past. Back to the memories. Back to Hwan oppa. Your face hardened. Your heart swelled up in anger, betrayal, and pain. Tears burned your eyes, threatening to slip loose. You quickly wipe them away. "No, not again." You murmured and walked into your home.