Tempting Seoul

Stranger's Love

 

 It’s sad when the people who gave you the best memories, become a memory.

 

 

2nd December 2020

 

The man looked at the black and white suit hanging in the walk-in wardrobe of his hotel-room, helplessness overwhelmed him as he sank into his bed weakly. Comparing to the time where he got engaged, the thought of putting on that suit doesn’t excite him anymore. Instead, it hurts him like a dagger constantly stabbing his heart at the same spot.

 

Kai could still clearly remember the moment Aleyah closed the door on him, his world was enveloped by darkness instantly; everything crumbling alongside. He sat outside her door, crying silently because he couldn’t bear to leave. As much as she had ripped his heart into tiny million pieces, he just wanted to be near her. He was still hoping that she would open that door and let him in, telling him it was all a lie. But till the next morning, that wooden door did not even unlock. And he knew, that door had separated them forever. She had closed her heart on him and all he could do was to watch the only thing that could ever make him happy slowly slipped out of his grip.

 

That night, he cried, he bawled, his heart broke and tore, never will it be a whole again, but he couldn’t accept her decision. He couldn’t accept her reason of being with Sehun just because of what he had done and especially when she knew he couldn’t afford to lose her. The anger from her betrayal hurt him as much as her departure. If she had chosen to punish him for something so simple then he has the right to seek vengeance for she had hurt him so badly.

 

“Kai, shall we go down to look at the decorations?” Solbi climbed up behind him and put her hands around his waist. Her cheeks pressing on his warm back, pulling him back to the cold reality.

 

“Yeah sure.” He stood up, rubbing his face before walking over to the dressing room to grab his coat.

 

“Thank you for everything.” Solbi helped him button his trench coat with a blissful smile on her beautiful face. She had been waiting for this moment for too long and from tomorrow onwards, she would be Mrs Kim JongIn. “Thank you for coming back.”

 

She couldn’t thank him enough for his return. That morning when he walked out of their house door, she knew he had walked out of her life. But what surprised her was him coming back the next morning. When she pried open her puffy eyes, she saw him squatting beside her at the corner of their room. She thought she was hallucinating his presence so she just stared at his handsome face, engraving it to her memory before he disappeare once again. But, till he spoke then she knew he was true, he had returned; to her.

 

“Let’s get married Solbi.” He whispered, “Let’s forget about what happened and get married.”

 

Words could break someone into million pieces but they can also put them back together. Kai had managed to piece her up again after that. She hadn’t need to know why did he return, she chose to believe that sometimes people have to lose someone completely before they could figure out what they really meant to them. But deep within her, she was actually afraid to ask the question because her heart may not be able to handle his answer. What she doesn’t know wouldn’t hurt her anyway.

 

“Let’s go.” Kai turned around and leave for the door. The helpless feeling was drowning him further but what could he do? He had to be responsible for his recklessness once again. He could hear her voice reprimanding him for being so reckless like she always did and it made him realize now that how she was the only one who could put a stop to his bad habits. Because right after she left, his bad side took over almost right away. His reckless decision was going to cost him to live the rest of his life in black and white. Because he would never be able to see colors without her existence in his life.

 

“The flowers are pretty right?” Solbi hugged his arm as they walked towards the entrance of the gigantic hall where the wedding will be held tomorrow. “They are from the florist you used to buy those flowers from. You didn’t tell me she’s Sehun’s girlfriend?”

 

The florist I used to buy the flowers from. The man repeated her answer in his head calmly, but his heart was racing and his stomach was churning. She’s here.

 

Right when he reached the entrance of the hall, he spotted that familiar figure right away. Out of so many staffs, his gaze was automatically attracted by the lady in a long skirt and knitted top. Her backview was enough to make Kai feel sick in his stomach already.

 

After a month of not seeing her, her presence now made him feel nostalgic. The happy memories of them together flashed before him causing him to close his eyes instantly. He knew the news of his marriage would reach her, for she was Sehun’s other half now. But he didn’t know that the floral decoration Solbi had been harping about for the past month was by her.

 

As though she felt his stare, the lady turned around and had her gaze locked with him. Those hazelnut eyes stared right into his, sending every ounce of his blood surging through his veins; his heartbeat thumping frantically on his chest. For the first time in the past month he felt so alive. And for the first time, he could see how colorful the flowers around him were.

 

“What’s wrong? Why aren’t you coming in?” Solbi’s voice broke their locking gaze as he tore away to face the other woman; the color faded to black and white.

 

“Coming.” He replied as he stepped into the hall, he was finally able to breathe and they were breathing together.

 

******

 

Knowing that something won’t happen won’t make you want it any less. Aleyah closed her book and shut her eyes. She needed to digest that sentence. That was exactly how she’s feeling right now because the sight of him earlier made her crave for him more than before. How she wished she could just run into his embrace when they locked eyes earlier and let his scent comfort her again. His warmth wasn’t what she missed the most, it was his voice that she was yearning to hear. She wants to hear him call her name once more, say those cheesy lovelines again. Because everything about him had became a memory for her - She stopped tuning in to his radio show, she locked up her room where they cuddled everytime and she even stopped watching his fancams; she no longer had the courage to do all those.

 

She laid on the bed in the empty hotel room, letting her tears soaked her pillow. She was so used to it that she didn’t even bother wiping them away, they were just part of the routine she needed to do to get pass every night. But tonight, those tears were burning her eyes more than the other nights and luckily Sehun had gone out for Kai’s bachelor night or he would definitely be constantly around her. All she wanted to do was to lay down like this alone till her eyes were tired from all the crying and that’s when she would be able to sleep.

 

Just as she was drifting off to dreamland, the doorbell rang. The tear-stain made her cheeks feel stiff but she couldn’t bother to washup for she was quite sure whoever was outside the door now was someone she doesn’t know. Other than Sehun who else would look for her?

 

But right when she pulled open the door, her nose picked up the familiar cologne smell before she even saw him.

 

“Aleyah.” Kai called her name using his deep voice, the way her name rolled out from his tongue was exactly what she had heard in her dreams in the past month. Those that were capable of robbing her speech, set her heartbeat loose and let her knees go weak.

 

“Let me in.”

 

******

 

A filler chapter for the upcoming one, hope it doesn't bore you guys out.

Enjoy~