Chapter 7

Behind The Mask

Seungho’s POV

Is it love?

No, Seungho… it’s too rude to have such feeling like this, he’s someone and you’re no one. I just kept bothering him, I can’t have ‘feelings’ for him. Vanish that… I went to sleep and tried to forget unnecessary things.

~Morning~

I woke up and took a bath. I went out and got ready for working. While walking, I saw many restaurants and I hoped that someday I can go inside. But those restaurants have fancy food and I don’t have enough money. Okay… Yang Seungho, keep working and pay all back to Byunghee, you can do it. I worked really hard and I just realized that kitchen-work is complicated and tiring. When I have a break time, I made a simple lunchbox, I made it for Byunghee. I’ll go to his house and give it to him. I went to the apartment and showed a paper to the receptionist  ‘Is Jung Byunghee in his house?’. “No, he left for work. He worked at his father’s company. Since his father was dead, he worked there as an owner” she said and I couldn’t believe it. His father died already? When? I asked the receptionist trough my writing. “His family hid it well, his father died in Busan when he had some work there. It’s because of s illness which he had for 10 years” she explained. So… he’s alone now, like me… No, of course… he has money that his father left to him and also the company… I finally got the address of Byunghee’s workplace.

I went inside a big… really big building, I was like a lost child. ‘I want to meet Byunghee, can I?’ I wrote and showed it to the receptionist. “What’s your matter with him? You can’t just meet him without specified letter” the receptionist said. I was rejected and walked away. I just want to give a lunchbox, why was it so hard? Then I saw Byunghee walked in front of me. He saw me and ran to me. He’s wearing suit and he looked so handsome, like a prince. “Seungho? Why are you here?” he asked. I showed him the lunchbox and he smiled. He held my hand and went to the receptionist, “Next time, when he comes. Just tell me and let him see me, okay?” he said to the receptionist. We took an elevator to his office, the room is really good. His desk was full of paper and files. He asked me to sit down on the sofa, “You made this?” he opened the lunchbox, he looked so happy. I nodded “Thanks a lot” he ate the food. “It’s delicious!” he said with mouth full of food. I smiled, “Feed me…” he gave the spoon to me. He just opened his mouth and I fed him. I blushed and he smiled, making it worse. I continued to feed him then “Boss! There’s someone…” someone opened the door and stared at us. He came in when I was feeding Byunghee, it must be look so wrong… Awkward pause…. “Hmm, can you knock before you enter?” Byunghee was really embarrassed. “Sorry, boss…” he bowed politely. “Okay, I’ll be there in five minutes” Byunghee said then that men left. “I have something important, sorry…” he said to me. ‘It’s okay, I also have some work in the restaurant’ I wrote. “Don’t work too hard or you’ll get sick” he patted my head.

I left his office and got back to work. I finished the work at 11pm. I walked home and I met that man that ‘interrupted’ Byunghee and me in his room. “Hey, Seungho-ssi, isn’t it?” he asked. I nodded “Byunghee-ssi is working too hard, maybe he hasn’t done yet. I was worried that he won’t go home tonight” he said. I smiled ‘thank you’ then went into Byunghee’s office. I went upstairs and found Byunghee, he’s sleeping on his desk. I tried to wake him up and he woke up but still sleepy. “Seungho-ya, what are you doing in here?” he asked with a cute sleepy voice. I picked him up and piggybacked him. Maybe it looked so wrong in people’s eyes but I have no choice but to piggyback him. “Seungho-ya… you usually work until 12pm but you’re still okay, I just work until 11pm and it’s really tiring. How can you… endure all of this???” he asked. “My work was only in front of paper and computer and your work needs strength but… I was weaker than you” he said. I smiled, he’s too cute when he said something in his sleepy state. I went inside his apartment and headed to his room. I put him on his bed and covered him with blankets. I was about to leave but a hand stopped me. “Please… stay a bit longer” he said.

He fully woke up and changed his clothes into a pajama. “Seungho, how can you endure this tiredness? I only worked in front of computer and papers but… it was tiring as hell” he complained. ‘I’m already used to it, you can’t work too hard. You have enough money for your life, right?’ I wrote. “I have enough for my life but I also need to fulfill my goal…” he said. ‘What is it?’ I wrote. ‘I want to give something to a person. It’s for someone’s special and I won’t tell you…” he smiled cutely. I stood up and bowed, “Leaving already?” he also stood up. I nodded and he held the back of my head. He leaned and kissed my forehead. I was really…. I couldn’t explain it! Happiness? Maybee…. “Goodbye, be careful on your way” he waved goodbye. I went out from his apartment with a happy face. Did I really like it? Yes… I couldn’t deny anymore, I think I like him. But… he won’t like me back, he just pitied me because I’m poor. Stop dreaming…

“Yang Seungho… have I warned you before?” I heard a woman’s voice behind me. I turned around and saw that woman again… the one who hit me ruthlessly. “I already said to you that you’re not allowed to get close to him” she said. Then… I should leave Byunghee in the office? I’m not stupid. “I’ll warn you once again, if you’re still meeting Byunghee, I don’t know what will happen to Yang Seunghoon” she smirked. YANG… SEUNGHOON? My little brother? How did she… I grabbed her collar and she laughed. “So, my prediction is right, huh? That boy works for me until now and he kept talking about you, Yang Seungho. ‘Can you find my older brother?’, ‘Have you seen my older brother? His name is Yang Seungho…’ he said things like this almost everyday until I’m tired of hearing that” she said. “When I saw you, he and you looked similar. Especially those eyes” she said. I punched her face “Hey, don’t be angry… if you want your brother is alive, leave Byunghee. If you’re still seeing Byunghee, or report me to the police, your brother’s life will be in danger. It’s your choice” she smirked. She left and I ran home. I was crying in my room. Why? Why it has to be me? Why am I always suffering? When I realized my feelings for Byunghee, someone just came and threatened me, bringing Seunghoon’s name….

Should I avoid Byunghee? Or should I ignore her words? But… Seunghoon will be in danger… my phone vibrated and I opened the text message…

From Byunghee:

You’re home, right? There’s nothing wrong on your way, right? I was really worried because it’s midnight. By the way, sleep well and dream about good things. Goodnight, Seungho…

Tears fell down, I don’t know what to do… Byunghee, I’m sorry….

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey, i'm back with a new chapter~~~

sorry for not updating for a really loonggg timeeee.... really sorry :(

i won't update until next week, maybe...

subscribe and comment please...