Chapter 15

Behind The Mask

Byunghee’s POV

 

 

Good bye… world… Goodbye… Seungho…

 

 

“DOCTOR-NIM! Patient in room 310 woke up!” a nurse opened the door so suddenly and the doctor just went there. Room 310? Seungho? I also ran into his room but I couldn’t enter the room.

“Nurse! Please… I need to see him! Is he okay? Did something happen?” I asked.

“He woke up just a while…” she said.

“So… he’ll be alive?” I asked.

“We don’t know… everything is unpredictable… He woke up in his coma was a miracle and we didn’t know how. His condition before was so bad and a chance to be alive was almost impossible” she said.

“Can’t I enter?” I asked.

“Sorry… you’re not allowed to… We’ll inform you, just pray that everything will go smoothly…” she said and I went to the waiting room. Waiting and kept waiting until I didn’t recognize time again. Then Joon and Mir came and went to me. As soon as I saw them, I hugged Joon tightly and cried on his shoulder.

“Hyung… don’t be like this… you have to be strong like Seungho-hyung…” Joon said.

“He’s stronger than me and I’m weak… why couldn’t I protect him?” I cried.

“Don’t ever blame yourself, hyung… how is he?” Mir asked.

“Something just happened, he woke up and I didn’t know again. The nurse said that she would tell me if something happened again…” I said.

“He’ll be okay, hyung… you need to go home. You know you have something at your home…” Joon reminded.

“Uh… right… I should go home” I stood up.

“Hyung… I’m sure that everything is gonna be okay. Don’t lose your hope…” Mir said.

“Thanks guys…” I said and went home.

 

 

3rd Person’s POV

 

 

“This is a miracle! How could???” the doctor was surprised and kept examining Byunghee.

“What happened, doctor?” the nurse asked.

“His body became so stable… this was impossible in medical term… I think it’s miracle…” the doctor said.

 

 

###############################

 

 

“Huh? Where am I?”

 

 

Seungho’s POV

 

 

“Huh? Where am I?” I slightly opened my eyes and saw a shadow…

“Yang Seungho-ssi! Are you awake?” I heard someone asked and I fully opened my eyes…

“You finally woke up from your coma! I can’t believe this!” a doctor said.

“Me? Coma? How?” I asked, still didn’t recognize this situation.

“You got into a big accident and we thought you won’t wake up forever” he said.

“Then, why am I alive? Is this dream?” I asked.

“This is real, Seungho-ssi… You just need to believe that miracle exists” he asked.

“Why? Why am I still alive? If I died, it will be better for everyone, right?” I said.

“Don’t be like that… God still wants you to live in this world…” he said and I looked down.

I felt something weird with my legs, I tried to move it but I couldn’t… I desperately tried to move it but I failed.

“Doctor-nim… why… I can’t move my legs???” I asked, worried.

“Sorry, Seungho-ssi… we managed to make you stable again but sorry… we couldn’t save your legs…” he said.

I… lost… my… legs???

“So, I can’t walk forever?” I asked, didn’t believe it fully.

“Sorry, you can only move with wheelchair…” he said.

 

 

I can’t walk now… I’m really worthless… what do I have? I don’t have anything and I don’t deserve anything.

I pressed the bell and the nurse came into my room.

“Can I help you?” she asked.

“Can you pick my phone and dial someone named Joon?” I asked, I couldn’t even reach my phone, which is on the sofa. She picked and dialed a number then gave the phone to me.

“Thank you…” I took the phone and Joon picked the phone up.

 

 

“Seungho-hyung?!”

“Joon-ah, it’s me…”

“Hyung! You woke up? Mir-ya! Seungho-hyung woke up… and he’s on the phone with me…”

“Yeah, miracle happened and yeah… I’m alive. I just wanted to tell you about this…”

“Hyung… it’s Mireu… we’ll see you after we drove Jimin to school, okay?”

“Ah… okay…”

“Byunghee must be really happy to hear this…”

“Hear what?”

“Hear the news that you woke up! He must be really happy… he prayed day and night just for you… he even wants to sacrifice his life for your life”

“Byunghee did that?”

“Yes, hyung… have you told him that you already woke up, hyung?”

“Not… yet…”

“You have to tell him soon, okay? He’ll be happy just to see your caller ID on his phone”

“Okay… I will…” I said and hung up.

 

 

Byunghee’s POV

 

 

“How’s Seungho? Is he okay? Did something happen? Why I was so worried of him…?” I talked to myself.

Ding! Dong! The door bell rang and I went to open it. It was Joon and Mir…

“Hey, you two… what are you doing here?” I asked.

“What we’re doing? What’re you doing in your home when Seungho-hyung already woke up?” Joon said and I was shocked.

“Seungho? Woke up? Really?” I couldn’t believe it.

“Hyung, you didn’t know? He called me this morning and said that he’s alright now…” Mir said and I was shocked.

“I didn’t… know it” I said.

“He really didn’t tell you about it? We told him to call you but he didn’t?” Joon asked and I stood up and took my jacket.

“I need to see him, I’m going now…” I said and ran to the basement then went inside my car. My mind thought a lot when I was on the way to the hospital.

 

 

Why didn’t he tell anything to me? I’m worried sick of him… Thank God for letting him to wake up and see this beautiful world. I went inside the hospital and pressed the elevator button. Was he really okay? I knew Joon and Mir said that he’s okay but I wanted to see it directly. I went to the nurse and asked about Seungho.

“Nurse! Yang Seungho… is he alright?” I asked her, I was so panic so the nurse told me to calm down.

“Sorry, sir… what’s your name?” she asked.

“Jung Byunghee. And I need to see Yang Seungho now… Is he really alright? He woke up from his coma?” I asked her, still in panic.

“I’m so sorry… Yang Seungho told me that he didn’t allow a visit from someone named Jung Byunghee…” she said, I couldn’t believe it. Did Seungho really do that?

“You’re lying, right? He really didn’t want to see me? I know I can’t protect him but he can’t do this. I was really worried…” I almost shouted, I didn’t care… I went towards Byunghee’s room but the nurse stopped me from entering.

“Byunghee-ssi! You can’t do this, we did this to make the patient feel better… please leave…” she said. I ignored her and knocked the door harshly.

 

 

“Seungho-ya! You hear me, right? Don’t pretend that you don’t hear me… I knew that this is my fault, I couldn’t protect you… But why? Why you don’t want to see me? Please forgive me! I promise that I’ll always protect you… just let me to see you. I’m really worried. I couldn’t sleep well because I kept thinking about you…” I shouted outside his room.

 

 

“Just go home, Jung Byunghee! I… don’t want… to… see… you…” I heard it with my ears and my legs got weaken and I kneeled.

 

 

Do you… really… mean that?

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

sorry for the REALLY long hiatus, sorry... i'm still on my exam week but i miss writing...

so... this is a little present from me to you all who still read this...

sorry if it's dissapointing for a long-awaited chapter, forgive me...

don't forget to subscribe if you haven't and comment about this chapter....

thanks... ILYSM <3