Chapter 3

Behind The Mask

Seungho’s POV

I searched for the address and arrived in front of his/her apartment. I knocked the door and someone opened the door. HE? He was the boy who got an accident! “Ah… you came…” he smiled. So, he paid the hospital bill, he also paid for the rent. His smile is so angelic, how can there be someone handsome and nice like this. No one wanted to helped me, I was just a stranger in the town. “Come in” he grabbed my hand and dragged me inside. His hand is warm… full of care. I sat on the couch and he sat too. I wrote something and showed it to him ‘I’m mute…’ “I know it” he smiled. I just showed a shocked face. How did he know that? I never told him. “Your apartment’s receptionist told me” he said. “Do you live alone?” he asked. I just nodded. “Do you have relatives here?” he asked. I didn’t answer and looked down, I thought about my brother… Seunghoon-ah, where are you? I don’t have anyone here, parents? They’re the one who made this scar on my face. They just abused me and Seunghoon then left the scar on my cheek. And… they separated me and Seunghoon. My tears were falling and the boy was panic. “Why? Was that question too hurtful? Sorry…” he said softly. ‘I was abused and left by my parents and my parents separated me and my brother’ I showed him my writing, the paper was wet because of my tears.

He hugged me tightly and whispered something “Sorry that I asked that… Now, stop crying and smile” he said then released the hug. I just couldn’t smile, how could I smile when I thought about my past? He wiped my tears with his thumb. “My name is Byunghee by the way…” he told me. ‘Seungho’ I wrote it down. “Seungho… pretty name” he smiled. “Sorry, but why should you wear mask?” he asked. ‘My parents hit me a lot, they left scars on my face and body’ I wrote again. “Can I look at it?” he moved his hand and tried to open my mask. I grabbed his hand and stopped him. Sorry… I can’t show you, I’m ugly and I don’t want to show it to anyone. “Why?” he asked softly. I only looked down “You’re not ugly, look at your pretty eyes” he touched my face, on the skin near my eyes. I blushed lightly, no one ever told me that I have pretty eyes… Of course, my eyes are not that pretty, he just didn’t want to hurt me, the truth is… I’m ugly. I shook my head, denying the fact that I have pretty eyes. “Your eyes are really pretty, I’m serious!” he said. “You’re mute, it must be difficult to communicate. Why don’t you go on surgery? Maybe it can be healed…” he said. I wrote ‘I don’t have enough money and it’s hard to get a job’. He looked at my eyes with an apologetic expression. “Sorry that my words hurt so much for you” he said. It’s okay… I wanna say that but I couldn’t speak.

‘I’ll work harder and pay you back for the rent’ I wrote and showed it to him. “You don’t need to do that, I like to help others…” he said. But I don’t care, I have to pay him back. I’ll try harder to find a job. I stood up and bowed, signaling that I want to leave. “Leaving already? Just stay here for a bit” he asked. I only smiled with my eyes and left.

Byunghee’s POV

That boy left… Why did I feel empty when he left? Is it because I like him? Of course no, you just met him… But, he’s so hardworking… even though he’s mute, his passion to work just amazed me. He was really different from me. I’m a boy who gets anything without trying too hard, and he… is a boy who doesn’t get many things even though he works hard. If I compared myself to him, I am nothing but a spoiled child. He can live alone without someone helping or supporting him. He even tries to pay back for the rent, even though I said that it’s okay not to pay it. Can I give something for him?

Seungho’s POV

Byunghee is really nice. I thought no one cared about me, he’s the first… since my brother disappeared. I went out and met him again in the street, why fate kept meeting us? “Seungho-ya!” he called me informally. I just looked at him and showed my eye smile. “Sorry if I called you informally… now we’re friends, right?” he asked cutely. How could he act cute like this, I nodded in reply and he hugged me from behind. He wrapped his arms around my neck and started walking. Aigoo this is so embarrassing…. “Where do you want to go? Let’s hang out!” he said. Hang out? No one ever asked me that… I really wanted to but… I need to work. I slowly removed his arms from my neck and wrote something ‘I need to work, maybe someday’. “Ah! It’s a pity! I want to go out with you so much!” he said. Did he really mean that? What kind of person am I in his eyes? I’m not attractive or handsome or something like that… I waved goodbye and left.

I felt that I was followed by someone, I often looked back. It’s getting scarier… Did someone follow me? I looked back and found a girl smirking behind me. She wasn’t like a good person, that made me even more scared. “Hey, boy….” she said creepily. WHO ARE YOU??? If I can scream, I would scream right now….

------------------------------------------------------------

i updated! it's been a long timeeee....

i just came back from hiking yesterday, i was really tired 

but i tried to update yeah....

this chapter may not be the good one because i made it when i was tired...

i was walking on the mountain for 6 hours with heavy bag and i'm only 15 years old girl 

*stupid me, i told you nonsense story keke-_-*

don't forget to comment and subscribe^^