Chapter 4

Behind The Mask

Seungho’s POV

“Hey, boy….” she said creepily. WHO ARE YOU??? If I can scream, I would scream right now….

“Don’t be scared, I won’t do anything” she said. Who is she? She looked like an evil woman. “What’s your name?” she asked. I wrote down ‘Seungho’ and showed it to her. “You’re mute?” she asked, I nodded. “Hmm… interesting” she said. “What were you doing with that boy?” she asked. I thought that she referred it to Byunghee. ‘Nothing, I just said thanks because he helped me’ I wrote. “He helped you? Impossible! Like what?” she asked. ‘He paid my apartment rent’ I wrote. “WHAT?” she looked surprised. Who is she really?? “Okay, I’m leaving. Bye!” she left. Why did she leave mysteriously? I felt something wrong with her. Ah… forget about that! I need to work hard!

Byunghee’s POV

I saw him carrying maybe 30 bottles of cola in his arms, that must be really heavy. I was happy just seeing him walked, worked hard. I want to be like him, I thought to myself ‘I want to be like him, I want to live with my own effort, just like him’. But… can I do that? I’m weak and not good at anything. I’ll try to find a job, maybe I’ll try to find more… Then what will I do with the money I get? Ah… I can give something more like a present for Seungho. I want to give him something that purely from my own money, not my parents’.

The next day, I went out to find him. Where is he? I found him walking without direction, just walking everywhere. “Seungho-ya!” I called him. He turned back and smiled. “Working again?” I asked. He nodded “You should rest, if you need something, just tell me” I said. He just smiled and walked again. “Why are you ignoring me?” I followed him. ‘I’m not ignoring you, I just wanted to leave because I have a work at the restaurant’ he wrote. “That’s the same as ignoring me” I pouted. He just smiled, I love his eyes when he smiles. “I want to invite you to my birthday party tomorrow, you can come, right?” I asked. He wrote ‘I want to but… I’m no one, you should ask your friends’. “Come on, you’re more than a friend. You saved my life, don’t you remember? You have to come” I handed him the invitation. “By the way, do you have clothes… sorry I don’t mean to hurt you” I asked, I was afraid that my words were too rude. He looked down, I was too rude… “I’m sorry, I don’t mean that… take this” I handed a shopping bag for him. “Those are clothes, wear that tomorrow. I think you will look handsome in it” I said. He only bowed a bit, I knew that means thank you… “Okay! Don’t forget to come tomorrow! Jiao!” I said cheerfully and walked again.

Seungho’s POV

He gave me clothes? Why did he care about me? And he said that I will look handsome in these clothes. I don’t know why but I’m blushing when he said that. Do I have another feelings for him? I think no, I can’t be… and I’m not allowed to have such feelings. Forget that, Yang Seungho… I slept well and woke up in the morning. I went out and headed to the restaurant. I met the boss and he said that I worked well so he will give me more money… I’m happy to hear that, if I got money faster, I’ll pay him back faster. But it takes a long time to pay back all. Even though my work time is only until 2pm, I worked until 7pm. I was really tired and went home. I was still tired but I have to go to Byunghee’s birthday party. I took a bath and changed into clothes that Byunghee gave to me. I looked in the mirror and amazed at my own look. Since when I looked this… good. Except the scar in my face, scar ruined my face and my confidence. I wore mask, only my eyes and my hair that can be seen. I must look really weird, maybe people will talk bad things about me…

I went into Byunghee’s party and he hugged me as soon as he saw me. “You’re handsome!” he complimented. I blushed at those words. “I was right, right? You’ll look handsome with those clothes!” he said. I smiled, he knew that means thank you. “Eat some food there, you can eat anything” he said. I went to the food bar and picked something to eat. “Who the hell is he?” “Weird boy, who wears mask at the party like this?” “How can he enter this party?” “He may be only just random guy who enters this party…” “His clothes is cool, but I think that he stole it” I heard people bashing me, my heart was really in pain. I couldn’t do anything but crying. They were right, I’m not supposed to be here. I ran with tears on my eyes, kept running until I can’t be seen. Byunghee, sorry that I left early…

Byunghee’s POV

He was picking some food there, I hope he will enjoy this party. “Byunghee-oppa?” I heard someone called me. She’s…. Youngmi? That bastard… “Why did you come? I don’t even invite you…” I said hatefully. “Ah… oppa, I knew you’re still thinking about me…” she said. “What? it’s my past, I was a fool that time…” I said. “I still love you, oppa” she said. “I don’t care, I don’t love you… You love money, not me” I said. “Who said that?” she asked. “Me!” I was really at her. She just smirked, I really hate her. “I’m going to get back everything that I want” she said. “Yeah maybe, but you won’t get me. My heart had closed the entrance for your feelings. So don’t disturb my life again…” I threatened her. “Ah whatever, in the end I will get you back” she said. “Body guards! Kick her out!” I shouted and body guards started to gather. “Kick her out and… don’t let this enter my house” I asked them. “Yes, boss” they held Youngmi and dragged her outside.

I tried to find Seungho, “SEUNGHO-YA!! Where are you?” I shouted out loud. Did he go home? Why? He didn’t tell me. “Hey, did you see a boy with a mask here?” I asked someone. “Oh… that weird masked-boy” he said and I was really angry and grabbed his collar. “How dare you… talking about him like that?” I couldn’t control myself. “He’s only stranger, man…. How could he enter this party…” he said and I punched his face. “Don’t say anything again… where is he?” I released my hands. “He went home I guess” he wiped the bloods in his face. “Did someone know where’s the boy who wears mask?” I shouted. “That weirdo, I’m happy that he went home” someone said that and I punched her face. I don’t care even she’s a woman. “Now I know, you all talked bad things about him, right?” I was really angry. No one answered, “This party is over! Go home now!” I was really upset then I ran outside. I went to his house, his door isn’t locked? I went in and found no one.

Seungho, where are you?

-----------------------------------------------------------

i'm sorry that i uploaded this very late.... i'm so sorry.... :(

this isn't the best chapter but i'll try harder ;)

comment and subscribe :D