Chapter 14

Behind The Mask

Byunghee’s POV

 

Seungho… Why it has to be you?

 

I went home looking down. If Seungho can’t wake up, my life won’t be the same anymore. Why all of this happened to him? He’s just a poor boy who just gained voice. He had been living almost his life without a voice. He just got that voice and now I couldn’t hear it anymore. I just couldn’t go home because it reminded me of Seungho. So, I went into Joon and Mir’s house.

 

As soon as I saw Joon, I just hugged him and cried painfully. He patted my back and let me in. They told me many things about Seungho which they kept from me. They kept telling me to be strong. They always told ‘You’re strong’ to me. They said that Seungho told them that I’m such a perfect being. I’m not like that, I can’t even protect him.

“He admired you a lot” Mir said.

“He told us that you’re perfect” Joon added.

“I’m not even good. I can’t protect him, I’m weak…” I said.

“Weak? That’s not so you… You gave him a lot of things” Joon said.

“A lot? It’s you who gave him voice to speak, Joon…” I said.

“Me? I’m not the one. You’re the one who gave him everything… not only voice. Happiness, comfort, love… you gave him all. Don’t say that you haven’t given anything. Because you gave everything he needed. What else do you want to give?” Joon asked and I stood up.

“I know… what I want to give… the only thing that I can give for him now…” I went out, leaving their house. I need to go somewhere….

 

############################################

 

“I want to meet Oh Youngmi and talk about something with her…” I said to the police and they gave me the chance. I went into a room and saw her, behind a glass, with prisoner’s clothes. She looked at me and I glared at him. I really wanted to break this glass and hit her to death, but I need to control my anger…

“You…” I said and she smirked already.

“I already said that you won’t have a happy life, oppa” she said.

“It’s all because of you… why did you do that?” I asked.

“Because I couldn’t stand it, he received love from you. You never love me…” she said.

“I loved you… before I knew that you don’t really love me. I tried to love you again, but someone who’s way better than you came into my life and made me forgot that I had loved you before” I said.

“And because of that, I wanted to kill him! He came and ruin everything!” she shouted.

“Just think about it deeply. Who’s ruined everything… Seungho… or you? History can’t be repeated exactly…. What you’ve done can’t be undone…. You should think that your behavior in the past is the one who made you like this. You’ve ruined someone else… and yourself. I hope that you can change. Make a new life, a better life than this. Don’t think that I’ve forgiven you, I just don’t want you to make another problem with someone else. I really want to hit you… but I knew that it don’t make any changes. Seungho, whom I love so much, is someone who couldn’t stand violence. I won’t hit you because I don’t want to disappoint him. I will forever love him and don’t ever disturb my life anymore. I don’t have any empty room for you…” I said.

“You won’t give any chance to me even after he died?” she asked.

“He hasn’t died! You such a… I don’t want to curse and I just want you to change into a better person. Your life now, is a failure. But there’s still hope to repair it” I said and she looked down. A pause for a while…

 

“Sorry” I just heard it.

“What?” I asked.

“Sorry… for everything… I just realized that I really am a monster…” she said.

“Finally…” I said.

“Do you… forgive me?” she asked.

“No… sorry. You tried to kill the most precious person to me… I just can’t forgive you that easily” I said.

“It’s okay…” she said.

“But I guess that I need to forgive you. Grudges won’t help anything…” I finally forgave her, even though it’s hard…

“Sorry… I can’t do anything but I can return something. I know it isn’t enough to repay all of things I’ve done to you but this is the only thing that I can do…” she said.

“What is it?” I asked.

 

...............................

 

#################################################

 

I went back to the hospital, wanted to talk about something with the doctor.

“What do you want to talk about?” he asked.

“You can’t do anything to him?” I asked and he sighed.

“Sorry… Byunghee-ssi. He won’t be alive even for a week. He lost almost all his blood, his organs can’t be functioned anymore. He can’t survive with a body like that…” he said.

“You can’t do anything?” I asked.

“We don’t have enough blood and we can’t replace his organs because we don’t have it” he said.

“He needs… bloods and organs… right?” I asked again.

“Yes…” he said.

 

“Take mine, take all of my bloods and organs. Just give it to him!” I said to him.

“We can’t do that… your life will be…” he said.

“I don’t care… the one I care is his life. I want him to be alive… So… please… just take all of my bloods and organs. He needs it more than me. If you don’t want to… I’ll kill myself, so please… grant my wish” I begged while crying.

“If you force me, then… okay. He can be alive… but yours…” he warned once again.

“I know it. Just do it, as fast as you can…” I said and he guided me to a room, surgery room. I can’t be scared, this is all for him. This is the last thing that I can give to him….

 

“Doctor, can I record a voice note before I die?” I asked him.

“Sure, you can…” he said and gave me a phone.

 

“Seungho-ya… it’s me… Byunghee….

Sorry that I can’t protect you…

That I can’t give many things to you…

This is the last thing that I can give….

My life… I’ll give it to you…

Continue your life happily…

Be a singer…

Everyone needs to hear your beautiful voice…

Make a new family and show it to me…

You’ll be a good husband and father…

Truthfully, I want to marry you…

I prepared the ring for us, it’s in your cupboard…

But just use it for someone else… I can’t be the one…

Don’t cry because of me…

I’m happy to die like this…

I’m really happy that I end my life to protect you…

Bye… I love you”

I finished recording it and gave the phone to the doctor.

 

Good bye… world… Goodbye… Seungho…

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

i updated again...

this story will be ended soon... i'll miss you...

i know i don't have enough talent for writing, because of that, thanks for the who's still reading and giving feedbacks....

comment and subscribe please... <3