The Race and The Prize

Liberation
 
 
 
oo4 The Race and The Prize 
 
 
 
Chansung and I leave the boutique without the gift for his friend, Unnie smiles while waving us out of the store. “Are you sure it’s okay for me to just take it?” Chansung asks worriedly, Jiyeon will have it ready for him to pick up in a few days, a brand new jacket that will be one of a kind.

“Jiyeon said to take it, I wouldn’t argue with her.” I advise him easily. “So now that you have a gift for your friend, what next?” I ask him feeling that same buzz of excitement welling up in me.

Chansung chuckles, taking my head he leads me through the busy streets, weaving through people, keeping my head down I stare at Chansung’s feet as the come in and out of view. “I’m starving after all that shopping; we can get some pretty good street food over here.” He says while tugging me along with him.

“I haven’t had street food in a long time.” I murmur smiling, looking back up I see Chansung looking over his shoulder at me briefly, such a happy smile at something so simple.

The cold starts to seem through my jeans, and I’m starting to take notice to how cold it is outside. “Are you really cold Soojin?” Chansung asks worriedly as we stop in front of a stall.

“I’m fine, hungry is all.” I say smiling softly at him. He beams back at me and it’s a bit strange but a part of me just floats away at his smile. “Why don’t you get some food, I’ll get us some coffee from that café.” I say motioning towards the café across the street.

Nodding his head he tells me what he wants. “Alright, be careful meet by the fountain.” He says pointing to the one a down the street. I nod my head obediently. “Thanks” He says while patting my cheek. His hands are warm; I nod my head as I head off to cross the street.

It feels nice to run around with someone, it never felt like this with Myungsoo. It felt more like business than anything else. I suppose that’s why I’ve been fighting our relationship. It was just business, nothing more and nothing less. Shaking my head I push the door open and wait in line.

Since I walked out I haven’t even thought back to it, well nothing more than, everyone is probably angry or insulted that I just got up and left.

Placing the order I stand and wait by the window, almost naturally I search for Chansung out of the people outside, I see him heading towards the fountain. I hardly know him and yet I can pick him out from so far away. Tall, confident, a bit odd, and of course he’s avoiding people.

Taking the two cups I leave the warmth and cross the street. I do have my theories about Chansung, and with Jiyeon’s strange threats I’m pretty sure I’m right.

Approaching Chansung carefully I hand him his drink and take my tornado potato, for a few moments we’re standing next to each other just eating and drinking. “Your turn to pick.” Chansung says as I finishing my coffee. “Anything you want to do, anything.” The strange man says while nudging me playfully.

“While I was in America, a co-worker said she’d go into stores and slide around in socks down the aisles. I’ve always wanted to try that.” I say thinking of one of the random things I heard while I was abroad. “I happen to know this place with long halls.”

“Do you also happen to have access to this place?” Chansung asks laughing, I nod my head, and grabbing his hand I lead us back around the corner towards the street.

Hailing a cab I direct us toward one of the office buildings that a close friend of our family owns, one that I know is empty, and they wouldn’t mind.

“We should play a game.” Chansung says leaning back against the seat. I glance at him while quirking an eyebrow. “Like if you could do something else what would you be doing right now.”

I decide to play along, looking down at our feet I start describing what I would love to be doing instead of what I do in my everyday life. “I’d be in my apartment, everything would be unpacked and tastefully decorated for the holidays” I start off slowly. “Little hints that Christmas is right around the corner; I’d have some of my close friends over.”

“You can’t do that anyways? I mean unpacking seems easy enough.” Chansung says with a frown, squeezing my hand I shrug my shoulders. “Wouldn’t Jiyeon-sshi want to do that?”

“It’s not so much a matter of getting everything unpacked. In my family I have certain obligations to complete before then.” I shake my head before he can ask anything else. “Though, this isn’t so bad.” I say smiling.

“Spending the night with a stranger?” Chansung asks curiously. “Well, you’re not wrong. This is fun.” Chansung pays for the ride, and we run towards the building.

“Just let me make a call.” I tell him pulling my phone out, I turn it back on. Chansung looks around while I make the call. “Hi, it’s Soojin.”

“Ah, my favorite niece.” Uncle David says happily, he’s been a business partner with my family for years; he was the best man at my parents wedding, and the first person my parents called when they were having kids. So basically he is family. “What can I do for my rebellious little angel?”

“Well two things” I say chuckling. “A friend and I would very much like to go sliding down some very long halls.”

“Done,” David says without asking questions. “And let me guess the last. Don’t tell your parents or anyone that is looking for you? You can consider your location lost.” He says while laughing.

“Thanks, we’ll have to have lunch soon.” I say smiling into the phone. Hanging up I glance back at Chansung. “A family friend.” I explain as I type a code into a panel.

“You’re very well connected.” He muses; I glance at him as I push a door open. Grabbing my hand he pulls me in, I lock the door and we take off running in the building, the lights all kick on, warm air starts coming out of the vents, I smile at Chansung as we race up the stairs.

Peeling our jackets off and kicking our shoes off, I take the lead and run down a hall with tile. A few seconds later I feel a pair of arms wrap around me and a body hugging me close as we glide even faster now.

“Soojin, this was a fantastic idea!” Chansung says as we slow down to a stop. “Want to race?” He asks with a silly grin on his face. “Whoever gets to the other end first wins and gets a prize.”

I nodding my head we both take off and slide back to the start of the hall where our jackets and shoes are. “Ready and start!” I cheer taking off before he can realize, we both laughing as it takes several times before we get to the end.

“I win, even with your dodgy start.” He gloats happily; I simply stick my tongue out at him. Suddenly my companion has a mischievous glint in his eyes. Leveling to my face he smiles and pecks my lips lightly. “I’ve collected.” Blushing I nod my head nervously. “I kind of like this flustered Soojin.” He teases me.

I attempt to collect my composure, I was caught off guard, the moment felt right, and I am absolutely positive I never felt even a fraction of that right with Myungsoo.

“Something the matter?” He asks worriedly. “Should I have not?”

Laughing I shake my head. “Another round?” I ask him smirking, his worried face quickly changes to determination. “I’ll take that as a yes?”

“You’re on.”

 
 
 
                                                                                                                                                                                             
 
 
 
 author's note 
 
 
 
Just something cute~!
Enjoy the chapter c:
I only have a day left of summer break. boo-boo.
; n ;
ALSO, the very amazing poster is from 
˚★ℳetric Constellations★˚||Graphic Shop||