Staring and Quadratic Formula?

Random Shorts~

 

 

tamhyuk-bic4-hae1.jpg

(Picture not mine! But I do wonder what or who this handsome fishie is staring at? XD)

Sweat was dripping down his forehead. His tongue stuck out as he vigorously thought of the many, many ways to verify the math identity. Eunhyuk suprisingly passed Algebra 2 with a C-minus and was now set in an advanced math analysis class.

How did he passed? He didn't know. And an advanced class, too?

That made him baffled the first time he saw it on his class schedule for the year. Eunhyuk even got into a fierce battle of various outraged and somewhat violent arguments with the school counselor. In the end, he gave up. Apparently, the school wanted to test the new math program and randomly selected him to try. Bullcrap! Eunhyuk was on the verge of repeating a year because of his previous math grade and now he had to be in an advanced math class?!

Tsk! Whatever! Eunhyuk decided not to take his anger out on the test again so he pushed those thoughts away. 

Sin(x)+1=Sin(x)+1! Yay! Two more problems to go! 

Eunhyuk did a mental victory dance because he actually managed to verify the stupid identity! He looked at his next problem. 

Oh! This should be easy! It's just factoring.... Huh?! Why aren't you factoring?! NO!!!!

He went onto the next problem but that one couldn't be factored either! FML...

"Seven minutes left!" Shouted the hoarse voice of his teacher. Eunhyuk glanced at the clock. . He knew he wouldn't make it. Looking around to see if his classmates were done yet, he wanted to finish what he could but for some reason he felt as if someone was looking at him. 

He was a hundred percent right. Eunhyuk saw an amused expression of the T.A., otherwise known as Lee Donghae. The male had his arms crossed and laid on the table with his chin resting on them as he stared into Eunhyuk's direction. Why on earth was the smart class president doing?! Staring at him?! Jeezus!

Feeling his cheeks warm up a few degrees, he averted his eyes to his partially messy quiz. Eunhyuk glared the problems. Why couldn't it be factored?! Eunhyuk started to redo the problems but they turned out into a big smudge because of his constant erasing.

"One minute left!"

Screw this! The quiz consisted of four problems. Two were verifying identities and the other was, well, the blob that Eunhyuk couldn't solve. I'm gunna flunk this quiz again... 

"Time's up! Pass your quizzes forward! Remember to do your unfinished assignments! It's due on Monday!" 

Eunhyuk sighed and packed his notebooks and calculator into his backpack. 

As he was out to the door, the voice he wished he didn't need to hear spoke. "Lee Hyuk-jae. I need to speak with you." 

Eunhyuk mentally groaned and turned around. "Yes?"

"I just took look at your quiz and, son, I think you need help."

Eunhyuk shook his head. "I don't need help."

"Oh, yes you do! I'll even have Donghae tutor y--"

"No! No! I mean.. I-i think I'm getting the hang of things and I just need more practice! Yeah, more practice!"

Mr. Kang sighed. "I know you'll understand it but you aren't understanding it fast enough. I'm sorry but I need you to be tutored."

Eunhyuk pouted unconciously. "Donghae, walk with him to the library and tutor him for me."

"Of course sir." Donghae gave a polite smile but, to Eunhyuk, it seemed a bit creepy. He then bowed and pushed Eunhyuk out the door.

~~~

Donghae stared at the blonde who was trying his best to solve the problem in his homework. Donghae was amazed how the problem became a bigger and bigger but no solution was found for it. 

Eunhyuk ruffled his hair in annoyance. He glanced at Donghae and fidgeted slightly at the intense stare. Do I have something on my face?

Eunhyuk took his hands and rubbed all over his face. He didn't feel anything. "What are you doing?"

Eunhyuk tried being strong but meekly answered 'nothing'. Donghae had to held back a chuckle for the elder's cuteness. "Do you need help?"

The blonde shook his head. "You are a bad liar. Let me see your paper."

Another headshake was Donghae's given response. The elder hid the paper behind his back as if he just performed a magic trick and made it disappear.

Taking the paper out of Eunhyuk's grasp with ease, Donghae skimmed through it. "Do you know the quadratic formula?"

Eunhyuk looked up to only shrink a bit, obviously not used to Donghae's eyes watching his every move. He then responded with a 'no'. 

"How did you pass Algebra 2 without knowing the quadratic formula?" 

Eunhyuk frowned. Are you calling me dumb?

As if by mind-reading, Donghae shook his head. "I'm not implying that you are stupid. It's just that how can a person like you with a weak math background get into A.P. Math Analysis?"

The other scoffed. "Did you think that I didn't try to bail outta this class?! No matter how hard I tried that meanie counselor wouldn't allow me to switch!"

Donghae raised two hands up as a surrender. "Sorry, sorry. Just... let me teach you it!"

"How?"

"Do you know the 'Frosty the Snowman' song?"

"WHAT?!" Eunhyuk looked at Donghae as if he's insane. Well, there might be a fifteen percent chance.

"You know.. 'Frosty the Snowman' ...'Was alive as he could be'...'He was made of snow and the children how he came to life one day--'" Donghae was cut off. Eunhyuk felt embarassed to know the cool class president was singing a children's christmas carol.

"I know it! Jeez! But what about it?"

"Ok!" Donghae exclaimed."I'm gunna teach you the quadratic formula song!~"

Eunhyuk blinked. "There's a song for it?!"

"Yup." Donghae beamed and began singing. " 'Opposite of B-EE~'...'plus or minus square root of~'...'b squared minus four a/c~'...'all over 2a~'."

It was, then, Eunhyuk's turn to stare at Donghae. The brunette wrote down the formula and sang once more while pointing it to each number and symbol as the song followed the 'Frosted the Snowman' rhythm.

Eunhyuk stared at him as if he was a loon. The two ended up bickering and Eunhyuk was proven that the formula helped find the solution without his precious factoring. It all ended with a sulking Eunhyukkie and a sorry Donghae, who had to bribe the blonde with his strawberry milk.

~~~

Eunhyuk sat happily at the bench while waiting for Donghae. The boy passed the quiz he took this morning and he was excited to tell the latter. Donghae sadly couldn't asisst Mr. Kang everyday. 

The petite man looked around the park. He's late. 

Eunhyuk turned his head once more to meet deep chocolate brown eyes that seemed to be boring into his soul...or something like that. 

"Yah!" Eunhyuk exclaimed. "Why do you keep staring at me, you weirdo!"

Donghae chuckled and pressed the cute monkey into his chest, arms securely wrapped around Eunhyuk's waist. 

"Because you are the super, most cutest and adorablest anchovy everr~"

Eunhyuk blushed at the comment and lightly slapped Donghae's arm. 

"Shut up."

A/N: Sorry for the very boring chappie~ I was rushing as I wrote this. I was influenced to write this from my unique experience with my Math Analysis class over the summer. The teacher taught me the quadratic formula if you can't tell. It was a very weird experience but very fun. XD Yay~ I'm done with summer school and now I have more time to sleep and update more stories! It would be nice for my readers to comment so I can understand that I'm not boring all of you guys to death. Anyway I'll stop ranting and I'll see you all next time!

P.S. I think I got the Frosty the Snowman song wrong but who cares!~