Seven

ko.ma.wo.yo

 

 

           “So! You wanted to go out for a day? Aha~ It would be tomorrow.” the man behind a big desk said. He was reading a paper, probably a letter to get his approval. He shot a hesitant stare at the four young men in front of him. “You clearly know that you are still banned, right?” he asked sarcastically. The group answered in unison with respect. “The school doesn’t tolerate ‘celebrity students’. We want to show that we have equality in this institution. Don’t you four remember what happened that day? A student! A student was nearly killed by accident because she went to your little concert. She…” the man stopped halfway through his sentence. Yonghwa was about to say something, when the dean spoke again. “I don’t blame you kids. It’s just that, you have to feel more remorseful to her and her family. Staying inside the campus is what I thought is best for you. But now, you wanted to go out? Why? Tell me. Explain to me why.” the man was looking at the four guys, waiting for an answer. No one moved an inch, not even a single word was spoken. The dean sighed.

          “It is… It’s her birthday today sir!” Jonghyun exclaimed. The dean was taken aback. “I wanted to greet her, and also…” he stopped in the middle of his sentence, trying to sound convincing as he continues, “Also I want to say thank you to her, she made me a different person. I would like her to wake up in her sleep and start anew. I know I wasn’t able to treat her right the first time, but now I’m ready to be a better person to her. Not only me, but all of us.” He looked at the others, they all nodded in agreement. He smiled, and then turned his attention to the old man behind the desk. “So Mr. Dean, we have to be there tomorrow. Her mother already acknowledged our presence on that special day. Please consider your decision.” All four of them bowed then went out of the Dean’s office.

            Yonghwa sighed loudly, he looked at Jonghyun and noticed his uneasiness. “Are you alright?” he asked him. Jonghyun was staring at the window, with a blank expression. They went to the dormitories after asking their dean to consider his decision about them going out for a day. Jungshin went straight to the DJ’s room, because he was the dorm DJ of the week and it’s time for him to make his daily announcement, meanwhile Minhyuk went straight to his room to practice his recital that evening.

          “Hyung… I still don't have confidence on facing her again. Every day I constantly ask myself, what if she couldn’t forgive me. I mean, her friends, Jillin and Yoo Seon haven’t forgiven me completely. I can’t imagine her forgi –” “Will you have faith on yourself? She can forgive you. I’ve told you before, you have to be strong, WE have to. No matter what will happen if she wakes up.” Yonghwa interrupted him in the middle of his sentence.  Jonghyun let out a deep sigh, and still staring at nowhere outside the window. “She… she will wake up, right?” he looked at his hyung with troubled eyes. You really changed a lot Jonghyun and it was because of her. I owe it to her, Yonghwa thought. He showed a smile to Joghyun reassuring him. “You just have to believe she will. She always listening to you anyways, so you have to tell her tomorrow to get up and stop lying in that hospital bed and making her friends worry.” He laughed quietly, and then looked at his dongsaeng. Jonghyun managed to beam a smile. “Thank you hyung.” he said to Yonghwa. “I think you better say those words to So Eun. She made you appreciate yourself, and turned someone as cold as you to one of the ardent person I know in this campus.” Yonghwa said as he walked away from Jonghyun. He was whistling the tune of the song Jonghyun wrote for So Eun. Jonghyun smiled. Thank you~

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

            “Yoo Seonii~ What did you bring~” a girl was rummaging Yoo Seon’s bag without her noticing. After a while, the girl was caught. “YA! Jillin Kim! Stop looking through other people’s bag, will you?” screamed Yoo Seon. She has her brows frowned and sending deadly glares towards Jillin. She seized her bag out of the grasp of Jillin. “Being selfish, aren’t we Yoo Seonii?” teased Jillin. She knew that Yoo Seon hated it if someone says her name in an aegyo way, except for guys. "So, were they allowed by Mr. D?" Yoo Seon said, changing the subject. Jillin nodded, "Yep~ I guess they care after all." They both smiled at each other. 

          “Ommo~ you two are early.” a guy said. Both of the girls looked to where the voice came from. And they saw the four guys of CNBlue. Yoo Seon was about to fangirl them, but remembered the reason why they were meeting them. Noticing her friend's reaction, Jillin spoke, “Hi guys. We are just about to go to the hospital. Have you heard?” She was searching something on her bag, then she showed them (CNBlue and Yoo Seon) a text message.

 

 09:23 AM – My daughter is fine. To tell the truth, she showed sign of consciousness last night. You and the others will come here today right? I’ll prepare dinner.

Thank you for looking after my So Eun. See you later. 

 

            “S-she’s awake?” Jonghyun asked in a trembling voice. He was happy just to know that So Eun showed signs of consciousness. He can now fully say what he needed to say to her. “So, what are we standing here for?” Jungshin asked, everyone knew what he meant, they smiled at each other, and finally they were off to see So Eun. “Let’s go!!” they all said in unison.