Your Warm Embrace

Life in Seoul, Korea

Microphone...hana deul set!

Ahh..ah..ahhh...hana deul set!

"Alright the microphones are all checked!"

"_______-ssi, the flowers have arrived and are ready to be placed!" 

Finally the week of the Gayo Daejun has arrive.  After a labor intensive three months collaborating with staff and crew members, today marks the unveiling of the stage that you put your heart and soul into.  Standing in the middle of the stage, you couldn't help but admire the beauty and sophistication of the stage. Below the floors would rise and fall in a sequence while circular tubes would rise up towards the ceiling containing individual artist or groups of members on to the stage.  Fog lights were used in every corner to hide the ground creating the illusion of mystery.  This year KBS wanted to express a futuristic theme and express music as a symbol of communication.  

While you and the staffs were finishing up the final parts of the stage checkup, many idol groups and artist began arriving.  As you were in charge of running the show smoothly, you had to go and check each of the individual rooms to explain in detail to the performers their time to be on stage and the rehearsal time.  The makeup crew and stylist were already informed of their duties as you start heading towards the individual dressing rooms.  You left your assistant Dohyun-ssi in charge of the stage while you look down at the list of performers.  At the end of the sheet you saw the name Super Junior and it brought a smile to your face.  

It had been three months since the last time you had seen Donghae oppa and the Super Junior members since their busy schedules overseas kept them occupied.  You would often talk to each other on the phone or through a group chat with the members in Kakaotalk but you were excited to be able to see them back in Korea on stage.  Looking down at your wrist, the microphone chain was now hooked onto your bracelet.  After almost losing your car keys and the keychain along with it multiple times, you decided to keep the microphone closer to you at all times. When you felt lonely and tired from the day’s work, looking back at the charm left you feeling better.  

While greeting the rookie performers, you went over the check list and explained the procedures to every group.  After meeting and talking with the managers of all the groups and artist, you headed back to the stage to begin rehearsal.  The first on the list was the opening intro where you had many of the best singers in the group sing the "Arirang" song that has been rearranged to a more tectonic and upbeat sound to further enhance the futuristic theme.  While the sound check was processing well, you notice BoA practicing in the corner of the stage.  

Even though a few years have passed, you can still see rookies amazed at her abilities and presence in the room.  When it was her turn to rehearse, she immediately saw you.  

"Oh! ______-ah!" Waving back at her, the staff on the other end of the ear piece told you that TVXQ has arrive and Yunho-ssi is running to the stage.  

"BoA-unni, he's coming!" Before BoA could say anything back, Yunho jumps onto the stage, standing right next to BoA.  

"Sorry that I'm late."  Yunho started to bow to the staff and crew.  Still in his sweats and sneakers, you could tell he was tired and ran from the airport to make it to rehearsal.  You had previously made a suggestion to the staff that there should be a dance showcase between BoA and Yunho in the beginning to raise the energy of the audience and luckily the two had agreed to your request.  With the choreographer standing in the middle of the stage watching the performance, you felt a light tap on your shoulder.  

"Missed me?" Recognizing the voice, you turn around and hug Donghae.  Donghae chuckles as he hugs you back.  

"You're finally here." You had forgotten how warm it felt to be in his embrace.  Although you never knew what your relationship was between you and Donghae, but you knew that you wanted to stay in his arms.  Suddenly the other members notice you being embraced and slowly came over to hug you as well, turning it into a big group hug.  Squished in the middle, you couldn't contain your laughter, as you are buried underneath.  Finally the members decide to let go after you tell them you have to get back to work. 

"_______-ssi, we need you back stage."  Dohyun-ssi came over after trying to look for you all over the place.  "There is a problem back stage that needs fixing."  Saying goodbye to the members, you walk away with Dohyun-ssi.  

"What's the problem?" Before Dohyun-ssi can further explain, you realize the big problem was the mechanics underneath the stage that has malfunctioned.  Only a few hours to go, you had to figure out a way to fix the issue.  Telling the staff to call an electrician, you begin to look at the wires to determine which one was damaged.  You follow the path of each wire and determine the blue wire is the cause of the malfunctions.  As the electrician arrives, you point to the damage area of the wire as he assesses the problem.  

Climbing back out from underneath the stage, you explain the situation and the minor problem will be fixed shortly.  Thankful that the problem was only minor, you head back to the stage area and speak with the camera crew.  While talking to the crew, you suddenly feel light headed from the glaring lights.  Suddenly, your legs gave way but you suddenly felt arms hold you steady.  Looking behind your shoulder, you notice Dohyun-ssi catch you with a worried expression on his face.  

As he lifted you over to the chairs to set you down, one of the staff member brings you a glass of water.  While still holding onto your hand, Dohyun-ssi hands the glass of water over to you to drink.  

"Are you okay now?"  Taking a sip of the water, you feel less light headed, but still dizzy.

"I knew this was going to happen!" Staring at you sternly, you could see his worried expression. "You have been overworking too much!" You knew he was right about overworking, but all you wanted was to make this project a success, and you were happy with the way things were turning out.  

Taking another sip of water, you see a small reflection on the glass.  Slowly looking up to see where the reflection was coming from, you notice Donghae in the middle of the stage staring at something.  Following his gaze you finally realize, your hand was still holding on to Dohyun-ssi's hand.  Quickly removing your hand, you look back up to find Donghae but he was no longer on the stage.