Don't Cry Oppa

Life in Seoul, Korea

Getting up from your seat, you notice Donghae has disappeared with the other members after their rehearsal finishes.   Dohyun stands up next to you. 

"You should sit and rest a little longer, I'll handle the rest." Shaking your head, you give him a smile. 

"Thank you, but I'm feeling better."  You keep telling yourself that Donghae probably went back to rest, hoping he didn't notice that you were holding hands with someone else.  Shaking away the troubling feelings, you return backstage to make sure everything was happening according to schedule. 

                                                                                          *******************

With the lights dimmed, the introduction began.  The first act was lined up on both sides of the stage, entering one by one.  As the music began, you stood in the back of the stadium, eyes on the stage to make sure everything was going according to plan.  With a headset in one ear, you pay attention to the lights, the movements of the stadium to direct the people behind stage if anything needs to be changed or fixed.  You could hear the audience comment about the design of the stage and the wonderful performances.  Inside you felt happy that your accomplishments and ideas were appreciated.

Finally after hours of many spectacular performances and collaborations, Super Junior was the last to perform before the grand finale.  In stunning attire, you were amaze at the members’ performance and charisma on stage.  However, you began to notice that Donghae was acting strange and he wasn't in sync with the other members.  Glancing around, you could hear whispers of fans that had also notice Donghae's condition.   As Super Junior's performance ended, the grand finale began.  With the ending music, every artist appears on stage singing in perfect unison as the MCs say the ending lines and goodbyes.   

The show ended in success, as you take a glimpse once more at the stage, an important project you'll never forget.  You head for the employee exit to return backstage. Reaching the bottom of the staircase, you enter the back stage area.  Artist began greeting you as they headed for the changing room.  Yunho notices you has he was coming off the stage with Donghae in his arm smiling.

"Ya ________-ah! Where did you go?"  Happy to see the both of them, you wave back. Suddenly, a sharp throb in your head stops you in your tracks.  Gripping onto a table beside you to keep balance, you reach for the temples of your head.

"_________-ah are you okay?" Looking up, you realize Yunho had appeared before you.  

"Yeah Oppa, just a slight headache."  Smiling back, you look past Yunho and see Donghae looking at you.  He turns around to walk away without saying a word to you.  

"Oppa wait!."  Grabbing onto the arm of his suit jacket, you prevent him from leaving.  

"_________-ah, let go."  You could hear his low monotone voice as he starts to remove your hand from his suit jacket.  Before he could let go, you start to feel the room grow dimmer and dimmer.  Suddenly everything blacks out as you lose consciousness.

                                                                                     *********************

"YAH ________-AH!" "___________-AH!"  You could hear familiar voices calling out your name but unable to make out the silhouettes of the figures in front of you.  Your chest begins to ache, making it hard to breath.  The throbbing pain in your head would cease to stop while your throat felt dry and parched.  

                                                                                    **********************

"mhmmm."  Slowly opening your eyelids, sunlight penetrated into your eyes making it hard to see anything clearly.  While your eyes start to adjust to the lighting in the room, you slowly start to sit up.  Every muscle in your body will not cooperate, making it hard to sit up in a quick motion.  Finally sitting up, you realize something on the side of your bed.  Adjusting your eyes once again, you make out the figure to be Donghae.  Thinking in your head, you wondered why Donghae was in your bedroom.  Then you noticed something was wrong and looked around the room.  

Looking down at your arm, you notice an IV needle in your arm and realized you were in the hospital.  Reaching over towards the desk, you wanted to check what the time was.

"mmhmm." Grasping on to the phone you notice Donghae was starting to wake up.  With his head faced away from you, you couldn't help but find his sleeping position cute.  

"Did I wake you up?"  Suddenly aware that you were talking to him, he immediately turns around with his eyes wide open.

"_________-AH, THANK GOD YOU’RE AWAKE!" Before you could respond back, Donghae wraps his arms around your neck and brings your head to his shoulders, holding you in a tight grasp.  

"Don't ever make me worry about you like this ever again." You suddenly felt something wet on your shoulders and you slightly turn you head to look at his face.  You could see tears slowly forming, falling one by one onto your shoulder.  

"Please don't cry Oppa, I'm sorry."  You place your arms around his neck and hold him as well.  As he wipes away the tears on his face, he backs away from the hug and gazes into your eyes.  Slowly he inches closer to your face, his hand place upon your cheeks.  As he drew closer and closer, you could feel his breathing next to you as you both slowly close your eyes. His lips fell upon yours, slow and gentle kisses.