I'm Trapped

Life in Seoul, Korea

You had been staring at Donghae for a good ten minutes before he decides to get on the elevator.  Your mind was swirling with questions wondering why he was there before you and leaving without the other members.  Donghae walks towards you gazing into your eyes.  He stands to the left of you without saying a single word.  A foot of space was left between you and Donghae, feeling like a brick wall separating the two of you.  

Here you were standing a foot away from someone who you've always admired, but the only thing that was going through your mind was why Donghae had hated you so much that he wanted to change designers.  You were angry and frustrated at the same time.  The silence made you more uncomfortable and the elevator ride felt longer than it normally was.  You peered from the corners of your eyes to see if Donghae was feeling the same way, but all you could see was him staring forward not moving an inch, looking as if he was frozen in place.  You couldn't take the dreaded silence anymore and had to ask him the millions of questions that were running through your head.  

"Ah...Donghae-ssi..."

"Ah..._______-ssi..." The both of you spoke at the same time, surprising you both.  Before you could resume, the elevator stopped at the third floor, where a crowd of people were waiting to get on.  As the doors finally open, men and women charge forward for a spot in the elevator, pushing their way through before the elevator was full. Some ahjusshi had shoved you toward the corner where you were squeezed between two ahjusshis whom look like they could be your grandfather.  You struggled to find some room, but it was near impossible to move anywhere.  To make matters worse, you had lost sight of Donghae in the crowd of employees.  

The elevator stops once again at the second floor.  More people try to get on the elevator, pushing the pack further to the back.  You could feel the breath of the ahjusshis near you, everyone crammed together.  Suddenly you feel someone grab your hand and push you against the elevator wall.  Panicking, you look up, but before you was Donghae staring right back at you. 

"_______-ssi are you okay?" His face looks genuinely worried as sweat drips from his forehead.  

"Yes, I'm okay..." Blushing, as you realize how close he was to you.  His arm was place above your head to keep himself stabilize from the pushing of the crowd.  Your face was flush with Donghae's neck and could see his adam's apple move as he swallow.  The smell of his cologne made you weak in the knees, but he held you with the other hand to keep you from falling.  

"It looks like we are here." Donghae turns his face back around, making your faces inches away from one another.  As if by instinct, Donghae slowly leans closer to you. Both your lips close to touching.  You could smell the mint of his breath as he came closer.  Suddenly the elevator doors open, finally reaching the ground floor as everyone scurries off the elevator heading towards the exit for home.  The sound of the elevator brings you back to reality, reminding you of what occurred earlier that day. 
"NOoooo!" You shove Donghae away, as you left the elevator.  Donghae grabs the wrist of your hand before you could escape further.  

"________-ssi wait!" Stopping you in your tracks, you wanted to pull away, but his grip grew tighter. "I'm sorry." The phrase struck you like lightning, giving a sharp pain to your chest.  You jerk your hand free from his grasp, running out of the door into the crowd walking in the streets.  The last thing you wanted to hear was the phrase "I'm sorry" because it meant that he was the one who changed the designers, admitting to what he did.  The pain in your chest grew heavier.  Fighting back the tears that were continuing to fall down your face as you headed home hoping you never saw Donghae again.  

 

****Sorry this chapter seems so short! I was celebrating the holidays and working on summer school.  I will have more time starting next week so expect a lot more chapters to be released after this week and I promise they will be longer!**** THANK YOU!!!