An Unexpected Meeting

Life in Seoul, Korea

Light pierced through the window of your bedroom signaling a new day.  It felt like the sun was mocking you, as you refused to wake up.  How were you supposed to work with Super Junior on a new project, let alone be able to hold a normal conversation?  

As much as you dreaded going to work, you knew you couldn't be late.  Getting out of bed, you take a quick shower and dry your hair.  You decided to curl your hair today to make a good impression and took out a new outfit that you were saving for work.  Wearing a black top with an orange high waist skirt and a sleeveless military jacket made you look professional but chic at the same time.  You put the toast in the toaster and whip around to open the fridge for some strawberry jelly and water. You head to the bathroom and put on makeup, keeping it light and natural while waiting for the toast to finish. Walking back to the kitchen you grab the warm toast and made your breakfast.  Quickly finishing the toast, you grab your purse and keys on the counter and slipped on your black wedges before heading out the door.  

Getting off the subway, you take a bus to reach the agency. You head to the office and reach your desk, when you notice a thick binder on your desk.  You turn to your assistant and ask what the binder was for.

"It's for your project with Super Junior."  

You sat at your desk to look through the files.  Your meeting with Leeteuk and Shindong won't start for another hour so you look through to get some ideas of what the next project entails.  Although you were a fan of Super Junior, you never quite understood why majority of their music videos were in a box.  You wanted to change that concept of a boring box.  A music video doesn't have to be a drama video to make it look cool, and you were sure you wanted to create something that would attract viewers to want to look at the music video and think "Oh, that looks cool." even if the room was still a box.  You were aware that Super Junior was often creative in their choreography and you wanted to showcase that within the music video.  

Time went faster than you had imagined and Leeteuk and Shindong arrived in the office looking for you.  Usually, Eunhyuk would be with them to describe what the choreography would be like, but he was currently finishing up his last months of military duty.  You walk up to them and greet them both.  As always, Leeteuk was very nice and energetic when it came to greetings and Shindong was very professional compared to his usual funny antics.  They both smile giving you a feeling of confidence as you all enter the conference room.  They both tell you to feel comfortable around them and that it was okay to disagree with them on any of the ideas, that way they could make the project better.  You felt really happy, because you felt the same way.  You liked being criticized to better improve yourself and didn't mind if your clients disagreed as long as it made the project better.  You told Leeteuk and Shindong to argue about anything they didn't like and that way the work could go more smoothly instead of keeping it bottled inside.  

As your assistant brought in tea, the three of you continue to discuss what the music video was about and a rough estimate of how the choreography was like.  The conference room grew louder and louder, as ideas was forming and tossed out.   The three of you became more energetic, but from the outside, staff workers thought you were arguing with one another because of your facial expressions.  

                                                            ********************

At that moment, Donghae arrives into the office.  Donghae had a photo shoot earlier and couldn't arrive to the meeting with Leeteuk and Shindong.  Now as he enter the office, he notices Leeteuk and Shindong in the conference room.  He was about to head inside when he saw the expressions on Leeteuk and Shindong.  He wonders why they look angry and then notices you in the conference room.  From the loud shouting, he thought you were arguing with them.  He didn't like that a girl was treating his hyungs that way and instantly dislike you.  

                                                           *********************

"Ah Donghae-ah, you came." At the sound of his name, you tense up.  You didn't realize that Donghae was also suppose to be at the meeting.  Shindong looks up and ask why he came so late. Donghae said that traffic was longer than he had expected.  You turned around and there he was standing at the door.  Wearing a checkered shirt and jeans, he looked casual but good looking as always. 

"Ah..Hello Donghae-ssi." You bowed a straight 90 degrees to prevent him from noticing the blush that had appeared on your face. 
"Hello." he said. You notice that his greeting was stiff but wave it off and tell him to sit while your assistant went to get some tea.  He told you he was fine and that he didn't want any tea.  Somehow, you felt like he didn't want to talk to you and that he seemed angry at something.  Leeteuk and Shindong explain the details of what you had discussed previously to Donghae.  You then start on where you left off and began discussing how many music video sets should be used, and the details of the design, but every time you try to mention something, Donghae would argue and say the idea wasn't good enough.  After an hour of struggle and Donghae not agreeing on anything, you start to become stressed out.  Leeteuk, noticing the tension, suggest that the meeting should end today and to discuss more later this week.  You felt disappointed that your ideas were not going anywhere, but agreed that a break would be the best option.  

Leaving the conference room, Donghae walks ahead as Leeteuk and Shindong say their goodbyes.  You were positve that Donghae was in a bad mood at the meeting but didn't understand the reason why.  You wonder if you had done something wrong to upset him.  

You sat at your desk for hours rubbing your temples, wondering what to do now.  Your trashcan had filled up from drafts that you had thrown away.  If Donghae didn't like any of your ideas, it meant they weren't good enough.  Next time, you had to show them better ideas so Donghae would agree. Looking up, everyone had left the office. You check your watch and didn't realize you had sat at your desk for so long.  It was already late in the evenings and you were the only one left at the office.  You decide to think about it more tomorrow and sat up to turn the desk lamp off.  You grab your things as you head towards the door and head home.  

                                                          **********************

"Ah, I can't believe _________-ssi was that of a perfectionist." Leeteuk said as he had left the design office.  Shindong agreed and said that they threw out so many ideas that seemed really good.  Although Leeteuk and Shindong were taking in a positive way of you, Donghae had misunderstood and thought his hyungs were complaining.  He rarely saw his hyungs complain about a project unless things weren't going well.  He didn't want this project to turn out bad, especially for ELF because of that girl and decided to call the design office.  Closing the door to his room, he sat on his bed and calls the manager of the design office stating that he wants you off the project and that he wants a new designer for the music video.  The manager didn't understand why Donghae didn't want you as a designer but agrees and says the project will have a new designer by next morning.  Donghae thanks the manager. Happy that his hyungs will feel better with a new designer working on the music video, he drifted off to sleep.