Chapter Six: An unofficial date

Love You Like A Fool

 

            It has been a long time, about 6 months or more since they have seen other. Now, the two stands in front of each other, one with warm smiles and the other with sparkles eyes as she looks at him. Nothing have change about her, except the fact the he think she have gotten lot pretty. For her, he was still the same; well maybe more fit than before, man she met in France. Tonight, she finds him very much attractive, much younger than his actual age. However, the image of him wedded with another woman flushes away all her happy thought only to be left with cluelessly sad and jealous thoughts. Siwon, who is standing in front of her and the drink table, walks pass her—grabs another glass cup and pour champagne into the glass before he put the bottle down and turn his body around to her again. He handed her a glass of champagne and she happily accepted.

            “A drink for a very beautiful woman tonight. I’m glad I came.” Siwon calmly said. “And I hope I wasn’t late for anything.”

            “Late? You just arrive?” Jessica were puzzle, she assume al guests have arrived for more than half an hour.

            “About five minutes ago. I had something come up at the last moment, but my brother and his wife came here first. Did you meet them yet?” He asked.

            Jessica shakes her head no. “There’s too many people tonight. Young, mid-ages, and old people are here.” She said.

            “So in what categories to I fit in out of those three you just listed?” Siwon jokingly said.

            Jessica put her left index finger at her chin, pretending to put on her thinking face. “Hmm…. I would put you in the mid-age.”

            “I can be young.” Siwon unknowingly lower his head as he speaks. “I don’t look that old. A lot of people praised me.”

            “Oh really? What did they say?”

            “They say ‘I look younger than my age. I could be 24 or 25’. Not just one person, but dozen of people say that.” He said with confident.

            Jessica shyly smiles with her head turn away for a second than back at him again. This time she notice how close their face are to each other. Her smiles disappear only to be replaces with rapid heartbeat that she once felt when she was with him in the lobby of the mansion. Siwon awkwardly move his upper body away and back to its formation.

            “I see you’ve met Jessica, the youngest daughter of the Jung family.” A male voice spoke from behind as he walks up to them.

             Siwon turns around and smiles at the male and the female who are arms in arms.

            “You’re late.”

            “Not that late.” Said Siwon.

            “It’s still considered late.”

            Siwon sighed before he looks at Jessica. “Jessica, this is Donghae and his wife Krystal.” He introduced her to his family.

            Donghae hold his hand out to shake Jessica hand before Krystal gives her a friendly hug. “It’s nice to meet you.” He said.

            “We you guys look so young.” Jessica praises their youthful face.

            “I’m still young, but he is not.” Krystal jokingly said.

            “You must still be in your early twenties and so is he.” Said Jessica.

            Krystal shook her head. “He’s in his thirty already. I’m 26.”

            Jessica eyes widen in shock for a bit. “I thought what my father what just a joke, but it is real.”

            Krystal warmly smiles. “Yeah, I was about your age when I gave birth to the child.”

            “Wow….” Jessica was speechless. 

            Krystal nodded her lightly as she has no regret in getting married and giving birth early. “It was hard, but I got through it.”

            “It really great how you keep yourself this perfect.”

            “I still think she’s skinny.” Donghae said with a glance at Krystal.

            “I’m 44kg.” Said Krystal.

            “That’s still skinny.” Donghae said.

            Krystal ignores him and looks back at Jessica. “I heard a lot about you.” Krystal truthfully said.

            Jessica cluelessly looks at her, “About me?”

            Siwon gave Krystal eyes signal with a little hands gesture, telling her to stop talking. Krystal smiles and ignores him.

            “Yes a lot. Siwon mention about you to us over the phone.” Krystal continues.

            Jessica shyly blushes and turns to look at Siwon, only to see him nervously getting himself a drink.

            “Why would he mention me? He should be talking about his wife to you.” Said Jessica.

            “He’s single now.” Said Krystal.

            “Actually again.” Donghae corrected her. Krystal flashed a quick glare at him before she sweetly looks at Jessica again.

            “What? Why?” Jessica asked with a calm tone even though inside of her, she feels unexpectedly happy. “They look really happy with each other.”

            “They are not.” Said Krystal truthfully. “It was a force…”

            “Aren’t you thirsty?” Siwon cut her off. He looks at Donghae, “What kind of a husband are you, not getting your wife a drink?” He tries to change or make the subject go away.

            “I’m a good husband.” Said Donghae before he looks at Krystal, “Are you thirsty?” He asked. “Do you want me to get you a drink?”

            Krystal shook her head lightly, “No I’m fine.” Look back at Jessica then Siwon, she notices how nervous and whiny his face looks as he held the glass to his lips. “But I do feel hungry. Why don’t we go get something to eat and leave them alone?” Krystal suggested.

            “Yeah, the sound great. You should feed her, maybe she’s pregnant again.” Said Siwon.

            “I really wish.” Donghae happily said. Krystal playfully slaps his arm. “But I’ll wait till she’s agree again.”

            “Isn’t three enough for you?” Krystal asked.

            “It is. Actually they are a handful, but more would be lovely.” Donghae said.

            Krystal rolls her eyes before she pull him with her away from Siwon and Jessica.

            “Don’t get yourself too close to her, she’s very young.” Donghae loudly said to Siwon.

            Siwon ignore him and awkwardly smiles at Jessica. “Okay that went well. Sorry.” Said Siwon.

            “For what?” Jessica asked as she looks at him in the eyes.

            “For the weird awkward moment. Krystal is a straightforward and honest person.”

            “I like her. She’s really friendly.” Jessica said then takes a sip of champagne. “Your brother is handsome too, he must be a good father.”

            Siwon nodded. “He is.”

            “Do you have any kids?” the question unexpectedly left .

            Siwon surprisingly looks at her, “No. Even though I’ve been a marry man twice, I still don’t have kids.” He takes a deep breath before he speaks again. “Anyway, why are you over here alone? Is something bothering you?”

            Jessica looks across the pool and sees how happy Tiffany and Kris is talking to each other. Unbearable, she looks away back at her glass. Though she is pushing Kris away, wanting him to end up with Tiffany, but apart is sadden. Siwon caught everything and can get a hint from the looks on her face.

He hold his hand out in front of her, “Do you want to go somewhere with me?” He asked.

            Jessica was just blankly looking at him. “Where?”

            Siwon shrug his shoulder, “I don’t know, anywhere since you are not happy here. If it too unbearable for you then how about I take you somewhere else.”

            Jessica was just shock—astound how he would know she’s unhappy or partially what’s in her mind.

            “Do you trust me to be your guide again?” He asked with a warm smile.

            Jessica placed her left hand on his palm, “This is Korea, not France.” She reminded him.

            “I know.” He said with a light nod. “I was born here.”

            Jessica inhales then exhale, “Okay, I trust you.” She gives her trust and permission to take her away.

            Firming wrapping his hand over her—holding it tightly, he place both glass down on the table and take her with him to his car and drives away from the house.

Siwon’s car: 

2012-Mansory-Audi-R8-Spyder-Studio-profi

            Jessica closes her eyes; she let her hairs flies as the winds splash her face. Haven’t letting go of her hand yet, he looks at her, amaze by her.

            “Better?” He asked even though he knew the answer.

            “Yes.” Jessica answered. “I would have never expected a man like you to drive a sport car.” She said with her eyes at him.

            “Why not?” He asked.

            “Because…. because you look very classy and a gentleman to drive one of this car. It should be an SUV or maybe a small luxurious car with four doors.”

            Siwon unable to control his wide smiles to her thoughts. “I’m not that old and classy. I’m more of a free person who like to explore new things and challenges myself.”

            Jessica smiles with envious because compare to her, she is still lost and lock in a world where there is no freedom. She wants to break free but she can’t because there’s always something pulling her back. She need someone to pull her out of what she believe is ‘misery’. Looking down, she sees him still holding onto her hand, no wonder her heart still flustered even after back at the house. She didn’t pull her hand back or say anything about it. In fact, she continues to let him hold her hand because she feels… happy and free. The car come to a stop, they are in the drive way with a valet boys opening the door for them. Siwon finally let go of her hand, the feeling fades away. Siwon and Jessica step out of the car, he made a circle around his car and up to her, he holds her hand again.

            “Come on, let’s go.” He said.

            “Wait, what are we doing here?” She asked.

            “You said you trust, so don’t ask.” He said as he pulls her with him.

            “Mr. Choi, clothes are in the changing room.” Said the Manager.

            “Thank you.” Said Siwon. The manager waits in the lobby. Siwon let go of her hand and looks at her. “Go change, I’ll meet you here.”

            Without questioning, she obeys and walks into the Lady’s changing room. He manager walks up to him during the time being. “Mr. Choi, would you like something to change into too?” He asked.

            “I’m fine.” Said Siwon.

            “Then is there anything else I can get you?”

            “Just what I text you is good enough.”

            The manager nodded before he retreats. Jessica than walks out of the changing in skinny black pants with long sleeves buttons shirt. She looks at the man 30 feet away, waiting for her by the status just to the right side of the fitting room. She walks up to him, tapped on his shoulder lightly. Siwon turned around and smiles quick flash across his face.

            “Have anybody ever told you that you good in everything you wear?” Siwon compliment her. Jessica sweetly smiles as she shook her head. “Well, they must be blind.” He grabbed her right hand with his left and drags her to the back of the building.

            There in the middle of a plain field stand two horses with the trainer waiting for them. Jessica quickly glances at Siwon then back at the field where lights shine brightly at the field as if it was a heaven place. A couple more steps, they reach the horse—one is white and the other is light brown. Jessica stops her feet and halt Siwon from moving forward. Siwon turn around and sees the uneasiness on her face.

            “What’s wrong?” Siwon asked.

            “Um… I’m—I’m scare of big living creature.” Jessica stuttered.

            Siwon lightly smiles, “It’s not going to hurt you.” He said.

            “Still… it big.” Jessica nervously gulped.

            Siwon exhale deeply. “Have you ever ridden a horse before?” He asked.

            Jessica nodded her nodded her head lightly. “It was a long time ago.”

            “Then why are you scared now?”

            “I I fell of the horse and was nearly step on by the horse. It was my first time, I was lucky nothing bad happen.”

            Siwon nodded, understanding her fear.

            “I will ride with you.” He said.

            “It doesn’t change anything.”

            “It does. You will feel more secure when you ride with somebody. I promise I won’t let anything happen to you.” He tries to convince her. She hesitate to answer him, Siwon take this moment and pull her with him to the horse.

            “Wa—wait.” Jessica tries to stop him.

            Siwon ignore her and lift her up the horse. He quickly gets on the horse and secures his hand at the horse rope. “Too late.” He said.

            The trainer back away a little while the oth er trainer with a horse to move the side. Siwon kicks the side of the horse lightly, moving his body forward; the horse begins to moves along the dirt trail. Jessica has her eyes shut tighten with both her arms wraps Siwon right arm tightly and head rest on his shoulder. She was scare. She is scare of falling off again, scare of the horse stepping over her this time. Siwon secret smiles as he holds her closer to his body.

            “You said you trust.” He speaks.

            “I do, but this….”

            “I won’t let you fall.” He assertively said. “Open your eyes, feel the hair of the horse, lightly pats her head.” He tone became softs.

            Jessica hesitates to do so leaving Siwon no choice, but to grab her left hand and place it over the horsehair. He directs her left hand up and down the hair, letting her feels the softness. Jessica slowly opens her eyes after feeling a soft texture on her palm. Seeing her body loosen, he let go of her hand and watches her reaction as she continues to horsehair by herself.

            “Horses are warmhearted and gentle. You give them your love, they will return to more love.” Said Siwon.

            Shocking at how he knows so much about animal for a busy businessman, Jessica turn her head to left, facing eyes to eyes. Suddenly, both eyes widen. They close to each other, lips nearly touch. Immediately both of them look the opposite direction, hiding their red blushing face. Siwon clears his throat and give a light kick on the rear; the horse pick up the paces.

            Jessica lowers her head, her cheek were still red. “Thank you.” She whispered softly as she grab a hold of the rope.

            “No problem.” Siwon said.

            “Choi Siwon?” Jessica called his name.

            “Hmm?” 

            “Why are you so nice to me?” She asked.

            Her question left him speechless and indefinite. He couldn’t open his mouth to give her the desirable answer she wanted. He was unsure too.  

 

To be continues……….