Chapter Seventeen: Choosing the Ring

Love You Like A Fool

The Jung's Resident   

p-house-by-hahn-design-02-702x558.jpg

             Another day has passed. The sunset and the moon rise. Jessica stops at the front door and looks down the empty road to her house. It was just street light. No car driving up. She turns and looks at the moon…thinking about Siwon. For some odd reason, she misses him. He hasn’t contacted her all day today…no calls or messages.

              “Siwon, where are you?” Jessica whispered in her head. “Why haven’t you call me at all today? You don’t even message me?.....” She gulps nervously as she grabs onto the string of her purse that crosses her shoulder. “You said you will come tonight…you must be busy….” She sighed, looking at the ground. “Has it become a habit that I can’t spend a day without you calling, messaging, or beside me?”

              Jessica takes a soft deep breath, enter the pin to the house, and grab onto the doorknob. She turns the doorknob and pushes the door open. The right feet lift and take its’ first step into the house, but stop when a bright light shines at her as the sound of the engine echo in the small road. Blocking the LED light with her left hand, she takes a good look at the car and recognizes it. Another car turns into the small road to the neighbor, and both stop in front of the house. The sound of engine stop and the light turns off. Siwon exits the car and walks up to her.

              “Hi.” He said with a soft smile.

              Jessica looks into his eyes, it’s calm but also troubled by something. She wants to ask him, ‘what’s bothering him?’, but a part of her was still upset with him. Upset that he hasn’t contacted her all day. Upset that he did not attempt to see her today.  She could not hold herself together to a say a word to him. Donghae and Krystal exit the car and slowly walking up to the front door but stop in front of their car. Krystal looks at Jessica.... through Jessica's eyes, she can tell Jessica was upset yet sad with Siwon.

              “Just got home?” Siwon asked, calmly.

              Jessica did not respond. She stood still and looks into his eyes. A part of him tells him that she’s upset at him, but he can’t seem to find the answer. A sudden flashback from the morning cross his mind, and the other part of him believe it’s because of Kris…because they’ve talk…they’ve hug…it could be because of the stress and pressure she’s in right now.

              “Jessica…” He called her name, hoping to get her to respond.

              “You’re all here.” Said Mr. Jung as he walks up to the door.

              Jessica looks at Mr. Jung and then back at Siwon.

              Siwon bow, “Annyounghaesyo.” He greeted Mr. Jung politely.

              “Annyounghaesyo” Both Donghae and Krystal greeted him mannerly.

              “Come on it.” Said Mr. Jung.

              Jessica lets go of the door and stand beside Mr. Jung. Donghae and Krystal enter the house first then follow by Siwon, who wanted to walk beside Jessica. They enter the living where Mrs. Jung awaits on the double chair, resting her back against the couch unhappily.

              “Have a seat.” Said Mr. Jung before he seat on the other end of the double couch.

              Donghae and Krystal sit on another double couch across from Mr. and Mrs. Jung. Jessica sits on the armrest of the couch. Siwon takes a sit on the single couch in the center of both his brother and Mr. Jung. He glances worriedly at Jessica before their start the talk.

              “I hope you are here to tell me something good.” Said Mrs. Jung in an upset face. “I hope you are able to wake up your brother.” She said as she looks at Donghae.

              “I came here to support my brother decision.” Said Donghae.

              Mrs. Jung body jolt upward, “What?”

              “We came tonight, in hope, to have your approval and blessing for their wedding. We fully support Siwon and Jessica decision.” Said Krystal, backing up Donghae words with further detail.

              “You two can possibly be serious, right?” Said Mrs. Jung in disbelief. “You support a man who is twice her age to marry her?”

              “We are serious.” Said Krystal. "I believe that once Siwon has declared his heart for someone, he will never be able to love another.”

              Mrs. Jung chuckles, “Speaking of a man who had two divorces.” She mocked him.

              “Other than two divorced in his life, Siwon has everything. A home. Fame. Successful business. Any women would want a man like him.” Said Donghae.

              Mrs. Jung was shocked as she looks at Siwon with a dislike face.

              Krystal elbows Donghae at his left arm and signals him to remain quiet. She looks at Mrs. Jung with a soft smile, “What my husband is trying to say is that Siwon will always be there for her, love her and care for her. He will bring her the happiness in the world if you allow him.” She said.

              “Omma.” Jessica looks at Mrs. Jung in slight shock.

              “It’s the truth.” Said Mrs. Jung.

              “That the past. I admitted that I had feelings for the first but not the second. The second marriage was by force.” Siwon explained.

              “Who could possibly force a man like you to marry her? A man with everything in his hands.” Said Mrs. Jung.

              “It’s’ personal. I promise her not to tell anyone.” Siwon said. “But I promise you that Jessica is my last. The woman that I want to spend the rest of my life with.” He looks at her as he speaks. “I know a lot thing of happening within the family. A lot of tears was shed…. and now is not the time to propose, but I can’t help myself… my heart. Every time I watched her cry, my heart hurt. I want to bring smile… laughter in the world. I want to protect her from the pain…the darkness of the world. I want to give everything I can possibly reach and give her all.” He said with sincere to Mr. Jung as he looks at Jessica. “I know she deserves someone better, someone, she loves. Someone that’s around her age. But I promise you I promise I will take good care of her…. protect her…. cherish her…. and love her with all my heart. I promise I will give her the world… Please allow me to take care of her for the rest of her life…”

              Mr. Jung nods his head lightly, satisfy with Siwon words. Jessica was speechless and touched by his words. 

              Mr. Jung inhales and exhales softly as he looks at Jessica and then at Siwon. “I approve.” He said.

              Mrs. Jung shockingly looks at him, “Mwo!?”

              “I approve this marriage.” Mr. Jung repeated, ignoring Mrs. Jung. “Siwon. I hand you my daughter. She’s my precious. If you don’t take good care of her like you promise us than I will hunt you down.” He said.

              Siwon let out a small soft smile of relief as he looks at the coffee table. Donghae and Krystal sighed in relief.  

              Siwon looks at Mr. Jung with smiles on his face. “Thank you.”

              “Thank you, Mr. Jung. We’ll make sure the wedding is graceful and astounding.” Said Donghae, happily.

              “No.” Said Jessica. Siwon looks at her confusingly. “I just want a simple wedding. There’s no need for a big wedding. No guest is fine too. It must happen after Tiffany. I want to fly out as soon as the wedding is over.”

              “I approve of the simple wedding part, but everything must be done appropriately. There must be at least close family and friends guest at the wedding.” Said Mr. Jung.

              “Don’t worry. I will take care of everything.” Said Siwon, confidently.

              “Then what will I do?” Jessica asked.

              “I just want you to smile more.” He said, calmly.

              Donghae and Krystal stand. “We will contact you or email you once we know the date. Just email Siwon or Donghae once you know who to invite to the wedding. It’s likely to be a week right after Tiffany and Kris’s wedding. We will take care of the rest for you.” Said Krystal.

              “Okay, I will send you the list within two days.” Said Mr. Jung.

              Jessica looks at the unhappy Mrs. Jung standing and looking at the floor. “Eomma?” She called her.

              “You two do whatever you want. I have no words.” Said Mrs. Jung, unset.

              “It’s getting late. We should take our leave.” Said Krystal. “Thank you for your approval and time, Mr. Jung.” She mannerly bow to Mr. Jung.

              Mr. Jung nod, “Thank you for coming tonight.” He said.

              “I’ll walk you out.” Said Jessica.

              Jessica escorted Donghae, Krystal, and Siwon out of the house. The door closed behind her. She bows to Krystal and Donghae before they leave. Turning her attention to Siwon, who looking at her with full of happiness inside of him.

              “Once you marry me, you can’t regret it. I don’t know how to do house-work. I don’t know how to cook. I’m not good at socializing or any business-work that you manage. I’m just a simple girl.” She said, eliminating all her weak traits.

              “I don’t need any of those. All I want is for you to be happy…to smile more.” He said with a soft smile.

Jessica was slightly shy as she looks away from his charming eyes. Siwon reaches for her left hand, hold it up between them, and looks at the wedding-band finger.

“I will come by tomorrow and pick you up in the afternoon.” Said Siwon.

              “Where are you going to take me tomorrow?” Jessica asked.

              “To the jewelry shop. First, we have to pick out our wedding ring.”

              “Okay.” She said in a soft and calm tone.

              Siwon smiles sweetly as he looks into her eyes. It was a moment of quiet, romantic kind of quiet. A moment where he takes a closer look at how beautiful his future bride-to-be is. As the pairs of eyes slowly glide its way up to hers. He bends down and kisses her cheek, gently. Jessica looks at him with soft and loving eyes. His smiles warmly as he slides a strand of her hair to the side. A gentle gesture that warms her heart and frees her from worries like a heavy object lift off her chest. She was able to breathe calmly for the first.

              A small light breeze brush against them. Siwon smiles as he looks at her, “You should go in and rest. It’s getting late.” He said.

              Jessica nod lightly. “Before you go, I want to ask if you like to join us tomorrow for our appointment at the studio? Taeyeon and I are preparing a welcome party at Tiffany’s studio tomorrow if you’re not busy.” She said.

              “I would love to join you.” He said, happily. “But I’ll probably have to go meet up with Nichkhun first and get a few things done then I’ll come back. I’ll probably bring him along if you don’t mind. He can help with the setup if you need an extra hand.”

              “That would be great.” Said Jessica with smiles.

              “Okay then, go in.” He said, letting go of her hand.

              Jessica steps inside the house, turn around and looks at him again. “Good night.” She waves softly in the mid-air.

              “Good night.” He waves back.

              Jessica smiles as she closed the door. Siwon walks to his car and starts his engine. He looks up at her room. The light to her room turns on. Siwon reverses and drives down the small road, out of the neighbor into the main road. Jessica watches him from behind the curtain. She could not stop smiling as she continues to recall the moment in front of the house—his charming eyes, the soft gesture that warms her, and the gentle kiss on the cheek. She can feel her cheeks burning and her heart beating happily fast as she stands against the curtain looking at the ceiling.

              “I am falli—…” She stopped herself from finishing the sentences. “Choi Siwon.” She whispered his name softly as she stares blankly at the floor.

* * * * *

d1f6fea2237597ca2b0bd3f7495e440e--pillow-room-bed-room.jpg

             The morning was quiet. Mrs. Jung has gone to keep Tiffany company, while Mr. Jung went to work. Jessica spent the morning in her room, sitting in her little quiet reading area that’s set in between the curtain and the balcony. She spent her times planning for Tiffany’s Welcome Home, outlining everything that was possible to make Tiffany truly laughs again. She wrote it all down in her little journal. Her phone rings and vibrates on the small low coffee table. She looks at the screen and sees Siwon names.

              Jessica swipes the green button to the right and answer the call, “Hello.”

              “Are you home?” He asked.

              “Yes. Are you on your way here?” She asked.

              “I’m about five minutes away. Have you eaten anything?”

              “I had a light lunch.” She said as she put her journal in her medium size purse.

              “That little? You should eat more.”

              “I’m not really hungry.” She said walking out of her room and down the stairs.

              “Okay, we can go eat later.”

              Heading toward the door and stop at the shoe closet. She grabs a pair of white-black flat, put it on, and open the door. Siwon stood beside the passenger doors, waiting for her. Jessica smiles fondly as she walks up to her.

              “Hi.” He said with a soft voice and sweet smiles.

              “Hi.” She said. “Did I make you wait long?”

              Siwon shook his head lightly. “For you, I can wait for eternity.” He said.

              Jessica blushes a little. “Don’t say things you will regret in the future.” She said.

              “Trust me, I won’t.” He said, assuredly as he opens the door for her.

              Jessica enters his car. He pulls the seat belt over her before he closes the door and walks to his seat on the driver side.

              “When are you meeting up with Taeyeon?” Siwon asked as he reverses his car to the small road.

              “At 3:30.” She answered.

              “That give us lots of time to choose our ring.” He said, reaching for her free left hand and hold it.

              Jessica’s cheek rose light pink as she looks out the window. The drive was pleasant for the both as the music continues to play in the car. It was soft R&B music playing in the car. Fifteen minutes later, Siwon drives up to Graff Jewelry store and park on the left side of the front entrance. Siwon let go of her hand and exit the car. Jessica looks at the luxurious store from her seat. The passenger door open. Siwon presses on the seatbelt and unbuckles her. He grabs and holds her right hand, she exits the car and walks with him up to the entrance of the store. Two people from inside the store open the double doors and greeted them with a bow. It was like a princess making her entrance into the castle. She walks into the store with Siwon, who has a bright smile. Her eyes wander the store, amaze at how luxurious the store is.

              A saleswoman with two assistant walks up to him and greeted them with a mannerly bow. “Annyounghaeseyo, Mr. Choi. Nice you see you again.” The lead saleswoman said with a smile. “Right this way.” She escorts Siwon and Jessica into a private room and up to the couch.

              Siwon and Jessica take a seat on the double couch. A lady walks into the room with a silver tray in her hand. She places the bottle of red wine on the table, two half-filled glass, and two glasses of water on the table in front of them.

“We will be right back.” Said the lead saleswoman. She leaves the room with her two assistants.

              Siwon looks at Jessica, who's filled with questions.  “What’s wrong?”

              “Do you take your ex-wife here?” She asked.

              “No.” He answered. “I come here a few times to buy gifts for a few relatives and friends. This store belongs to one of my friends.” He explained.  

              “Oh.” Said Jessica looking away, continuing to look around the room.

              Three saleswomen come back with a few mahogany boxes in each of their hands. The lead saleswoman takes a sit on the single couch beside Jessica and opens all the boxes at once. Three sparkling rings with big round diamond around 5ct to 1ct flashes across Jessica's eyes. She takes the first ring and hand it to Jessica, showing her the model. Jessica immediately shakes her head. Siwon grabs the glass of wine and takes a ship as he watches Jessica pick out the ring. The saleswoman takes another ring and shows it to her. Explaining the meaning behind the design of the ring as she shows Jessica the ring. Jessica shows interest in the meaning of the ring but not the ring itself. The saleswoman continues her best to explain, and hopefully, to pick out a ring soon before there’s no ring left to show her. However, Jessica shakes her head ‘no’. One ring after another without trying on the ring, Siwon was getting a little worry as he observes her from the side.

              “These two models are our most recent in the world.” Said The lead saleswoman as she displays both rings in front of Jessica, “The right is the Laurence Graff Signature 2.12 carats diamond Rose Gold and the left is the Graff Legacy Round 2.31 carats. Below is the wedding band that matches with the engagement ring.” She said.

              Siwon sighed as he places the glass on the table and holds her hands. He turns her body and attention to him. “Do you not like any of the rings shown to you? If not, I can have one customized.” He said.

              Jessica shook her head ‘no’ again with a smile. “It not that I don’t like any of them. It’s just that I want fancy any. I just want a simple and not to expensive ring.” She said. Siwon let out a small light chuckle. “All the rings here are too much. I don’t fit any of them and most importantly, I want the people to know that I marry you not for your wealth, but for who you are.”

              Siwon was touch by her words. He looks down at her hands, the small milky-skin tone hands that he is holding onto. He let out a soft exhale before looking at her again. “Silly girl. You don’t need to pay attention to others or the world. All you have to pay attention to is me and I want my bride to have the best.” He said.

              “Well, your bride is not into big diamond ring.” She said, jokingly with a smile.

         A Graff oval shape diamond Legacy engagement ring with a parted pink pave diamond rose gold band(Jessica engagement ring)A Graff rose gold Laurence Graff Signature wedding band for her set with pave pink diamonds(Her wedding band)

               He picks up the Graff Legacy ring and holds it in between them. “How about this, I know you like pink and most of the things you wear are pink to light pink. Your curtain is also pink. When we rode the horse at night, you stare at the bright shiny star in the sky. So, around the pink has a shiny star in the middle. I think this ring will fit you perfectly.” He said as he slides the ring into her the fourth finger of the left hand (the marriage finger).

              She takes a look at the ring. Though the diamond is big, he does he make sense. Most important, he chose the ring for her and she trusts him. But to her, something looks not pleasing. She takes out the ring. Siwon gulp nervously as he watches, hoping that she’s not handing the ring back to him. Jessica slides the ring into her middle finger and smiles.

              “Can I request something?” Jessica asked.

              “Sure.”

              “Instead of wearing the ring on the fourth finger, can we both wear it on the middle finger. I know it’s traditional to wear it on the fourth finger of the left hand, but I don’t want it to be like your previous wives. I want to wear it on the middle finger. I want to be different.” She said.

              Siwon smiles, “Sure. Anything to make you happy.” He said.

              The saleswomen sighed quietly in relief. The lead saleswoman signals her assistants to close the box and bring it out of the room.

              “Congratulation.” Said the lead saleswoman. “I will have the rings brighten and put it on hold until the wedding day. In the meantime, I will have my jewelry brighten the engagement ring. Please give us about ten minutes.”

              Siwon nod once. The Lead saleswoman hand her assistant to the ring. The assistant leaves the room.

              “What about you?” Jessica asked. “Are you going to pick out a wedding band?”

              “For men, it is a lot easier. Our model is simple.” Said Siwon.

              “I want to see it.” She said.

              The saleswoman immediately orders her assistant to bring in the men wedding band through the mini mic of the transmitter. Her assistant walks into the room a couple minutes later with a box in her hand and places it on the table. The lead saleswoman opened the box. There was five wedding band display in front of them. Jessica takes a look at each one of them. From silver to color diamonds than to the rose gold ring. She spots one that would fit his taste and match well with her ring. She picks it up and holds it in front of him. Siwon smiles as he looks at the ring and then at her.

A Graff rose gold wedding band for men featuring round brilliant diamonds(Siwon weddind bang)

              “This one?” He asked.

              Jessica nods, “Yes, this one. It matches well with the one you chose for me.” She said.

              “You two match each other well.” Said the lead saleswoman. Jessica dumbfoundedly looks at her. “Mr. Choi also chose that ring as well.”

              Jessica turns her attention to him with a slight shock look.

              “I was excited last night, so I went ahead and pick out the rings for you and me.” Said Siwon. He takes the ring from her and put it back in the box. “I didn’t know you would think like me.”

              “I didn’t know either.” She said, lightheartedly.

              “Now that we have complete pick out the ring. The next stop is the wedding dress.” Said Siwon. Jessica takes a quick glance at the clock hanging on the wall and realize it an hour away from meeting up with the group. She looks at Siwon and was about to speak until Siwon cut her off again. “I know you have to meet up with a few people at the dance studio, so I schedule it two days later. That way you have time in between to do things for Tiffany.”

              Jessica sweetly smiles as she looks at him. “Kamsahamnida.” She said, softly.

              “You’re welcome.” He said. “Let’s wrap things up so that I can drop you off at the studio.”

              Jessica happily nods.

              “I will take of everything from here.” Said the lead saleswoman. “Then I shoot you an email to settle everything, if that’s more convenient for you, Mr. Choi?”

              “Yes, that would be more convenient for me. Thank you.” Said Siwon as he stands up with Jessica.

              Before they leave the store, the assistant walks up to them with a small box in her hand. She hands the small box to the lead saleswoman. “Here is your ring Mrs. Choi.” Said the lead saleswoman, handing the small box to Jessica. Jessica glances at Siwon with a smile before she looks at the saleswoman and takes the box.  “You both have a lovely day. Hope to see you again.” Said the lead saleswoman before she bows to them mannerly along with her assistants.

              Siwon and Jessica slightly bow before Siwon walks out of the room hand-in-hand with Jessica. They leave the store and to his car. Siwon opens the door her for and buckles her up before walking over to his seat on the driver side. Starting the car, he reverses out of the parking spot and into the road, heading straight to Tiffany’s studio. Jessica shyly glances at him from time to time. Unknowingly why her heart is beating nervously. Maybe the words he said to her. Maybe the way he treats her. Everything he does for her was so caring and considerate. He pays attention to every little detail of her, even the part where she never told him that she loves pink and yet he found out. She just couldn’t stop smiling as she sat still in his car.

 

To be continued……………………………