Chapter Sixteen: A smile

Love You Like A Fool

     Nichkhun's Car: 

    Related image

            All eyes on red Maserati Gran Turismo MC pull up and park on the side of the café. Nichkhun steps out of the car and walks up to the café shop. He enters the café shop and walks past the pretty ladies standing by the door and checking him out. Taeyeon, with her attention focus on drying her hands with a paper towel, walks up to the counter. She smiles as she lifts her head up and ready to greet whoever standing at the counter. Her smiles turn to shock as she sees Nichkhun standing in front of her, just on the opposite of the counter.   

              “Hi.” He greets her with charming smiles.

              Taeyeon pulls herself back together and looks at the monitor.  “What can we get for you?” Taeyeon asked.

              “Well, I like you to look at me first.” He said.

              Taeyeon hesitates for a moment before she does as he asked. Nichkhun happily smiles as he takes a step closer. He slightly bends down with his face at the same level as her and looks into her beautiful eyes. Taeyeon feels her heart beating nervously fast, her cheeks turning pink as she sees how close he is to her. Taeyeon, surprised by him, cover her mouth and move her upper body away a bit as if he was going to kiss her.

              Nichkhun lightly chuckles, “Don’t worry. I won’t kiss you. I just want a closer look at you. You have beautiful eyes.” He said as he stands straight again.  

              Everyone was surprised as they look at them from a short distance.

              The nervously Taeyeon blushes as she eyes glide to the monitor. “What would you like to order?”

              “An ice Americano, half sweeten.” Said Nichkhun. He watches her enter his order in the system. “And also, a little bit of your time.”

              Taeyeon froze for a moment before she responds. “Your total is 4000 KRW.” She said, ignoring his last sentences.

              Nichkhun had her the cash. “What time do you get off today?” He asked.

              “At 3.” She answered.

              “What are you going to do after work?” He asked.

              “I have to go meet up with a few people.” She said. 

              “Can I give you ride there?” He asked, kindly.

              “I prefer taking the bus to the garage. I park my car there.” She said.

              “The bus takes a while. Can I give you a ride to your car?”

              “I’m sorry but taking the bus has become a habit.”

              Nichkhun sighed, “You’re trying really hard to push me away.” He said, quietly.

              Taeyeon nervously avoids her eyes as she closed the cash drawer.

              “Would you like to have dinner with me tonight?” Nichkhun asked, boldly.

              “Mwo?” Said Taeyeon, shockingly.  

              “Would you like to have dinner with me tonight?” He repeated.

              “I’m—I’m sorry. I can’t.” She said, shyly with pink cheeks.

              “An ice Americano.” The barista said loudly as he put the drink on the marble surface of the bar.

              Nichkhun glance at the drink then back at her. “That’s fine, but just remember that I won’t give up on you that easily. Just prepared your heart because it falls for me. I’ll make sure it only falls for me.” He said with a smile before he walks over and grabs his drink. He looks at her one last time and wink before he walks out of the café shop and into his car. Nichkhun drove away. Taeyeon was still in shock as she froze behind the counter.

              A young girl walks up to her, “Is he your boyfriend?” She asked.

              “No.” Taeyeon said. She can feel her heart beating nervously fast.

              Ten minutes later, a lady walks into the café with a bouquet of flower—light pink and light purples flowers wrap with light pink ribbon.

purple-theme-bridal-bouquet.jpg

              “Hi, welcome to Coffee Beme. What would you like to drink?” the young girl asked the lady with the bouquet.      

              “Actually, I’m here to look for a woman name Taeyeon. She works here.”

              The young girl looks at Taeyeon, who’s confused as she looks at the lady. “That’s me. I’m Taeyeon. How can I help you?” Taeyeon asked.

              “These flowers are for you.” Said The lady as she hands Taeyeon the bouquet of flowers.

              Taeyeon takes the flowers and looks at it. She sees a small envelope inside the bouquet. “May I ask, who are these from?”

              “It’s from a man. I can’t say say so.” The lady explained.he’s name. It’s the shop policy unless the customer

              “Kamsahamnida.” Taeyeon said with a light bowed before the lady leave the café shop.

              Taeyeon takes the small envelop, open it, and pull out the small card. Unfold the card she sees a small message. She read the message quietly inside her head.

May these lovely flowers and its’ senses bring you smiles and love, a smile of an angel from heaven. With a gentle touch of the flower brighten up your day.

                           With love,
                                  Nichkhun.

              Taeyeon couldn’t help but sweetly smiles as she smells the flowers. Her co-worker envious walks up to her, surrounding her with their hands intertwines against their chin.         

              “He’s so romantic.” Said the young girl.

              “I want a boyfriend like him.” Said a female employee. “Where can I find a guy like him.”

              Nichkhun, who parked his car just a block away on the opposite side of the street, watches her with a smile of satisfaction. Taeyeon lightly bites her bottom lips as she looks at the beautiful flowers.   

              “How did he know I like purple flowers?” She whispered inside her head.

              “He’s also very handsome. You’re such a lucky girl.” Said another female employee enviously.

              Taeyeon’s was surprise by his romantic gesture. She could not take her eyes off the beautiful flowers and holding onto the small cards. He can see how happy she is from his car. Her beautiful was mesmerizing to him, like an addiction.

              “You finally smile.” He whispered as he watches her smiles happily from his car. “Such a beautiful smile.”

              His heart beats joyfully as he continues to watch for a short moment before he inhale and exhale softly, turns on his car engine, and drove away slowly.

* * * * *

              Tiffany sat at a small table with Mrs. Jung out in the living room of the suite. Kris came back with two glasses of waters and place it on the table. Kris takes a sit next to Tiffany.

              Tiffany notice the stress-looks on Mrs. Jung face. She reaches and hold Mrs. Jung left hands. “What’s wrong eomma?” she asked.

              Mrs. Jung takes a deep breath before she looks at Tiffany, “Your sister.” She answered.

              “What about her?” Tiffany asked.

              “She wants to marry Siwon.”

              The news shock both Kris and Tiffany.

              “Mwo!”

              “Last night, I caught her and Siwon out in the front of the house, holding hands, hugging, and laughing. I asked them what’s going on and Siwon said he wants to marry your sister.” Mrs. Jung said, unhappily.

              Kris felt his heart about to burst out in jealousy and anger as he looks at Mrs. Jung with disturbing looks.

              “What did she said?” Tiffany asked, surprisingly.

              “She accepts. She said she loves him.”

              Tiffany was speechless. She looks are Kris, who’s upset with the news as she stares at the table. “Kris.” She called him.

              Kris did not respond.

              She reaches for his left hand, “Kris.” She called him again. She finally got his attention. Kris looks at her. “What are you thinking about?” She asked.

              “Nothing big.” Kris stuttered nervously. “I was thinking about the designed plan. I don’t remember if I give it to my boss or not.” He said. He gulp as he looks at her fretfully. “I think I should go back home and check.”

              “Okay.” Said Tiffany with a soft smile. “Call me when you get home.”

              “Okay. I’ll come see you tonight.” He stands and gives her a kiss on the forehead before he leaves the suite.

              After Kris has left the room, Tiffany turns and looks worriedly at Mrs. Jung. She reaches and holds Mrs. Jung, and softly smiles.

              “Tiffany, I just wish Jessica was like you… listen to eomma and find herself a man like you did.” Said Mrs. Jung in distress.

              Tiffany could only smile as she holds onto Mrs. Jung and looks into her eyes.

* * * * *

              Kris leave the hospital and walks to the garage building located behind the hospital. In his mind, all he could think of is going straight to the Jung’s resident and have a talk with Jessica. He drove at a fast, turning left and right. The rage in him was increasing as the miles to the Jung’s resident decrease. Driving up the road after a right turn, he sees Jessica walking out of the house. He pressed on the gas up the road and stop fifteen away from her. He dash out of the car and fiercely walks up to her. The surprise Jessica froze as she sees him walking up to her and grab her shoulder.

              “What are you thinking!” Kris shouted in anger. “Marrying him? Are you out of your mind? Do you think this is end everything?”

              Jessica push his grip of her, “Yes.” She said, holding her sadness as she face him.

              “Jessica, you can’t do this.” Kris lower his voice.

              “Why can’t I? You’re going to marry Tiffany. I can marry Siwon.”

              “Marriage is not a joke.” He said. “I know I hurt you. I know I’ve scarred you heart, but it’s the only way. You have to understand.”

              “I understand. I understand completely, oppa.” Said Jessica with a couple drop of tears gliding down her cheeks. “But it doesn’t change anything. We’re… we’re over.”

              “We’re not over. You know I love you, and I know you feel same way. But I can’t let Tiffany fall deeper in the hole. She needs me.” Kris explained. “It doesn’t change anything when I’m with her. My heart is still with you. We can still see each other, even if I’ve become your in-law.”

              “Stop it, oppa.” Said Jessica, holding her tears back. “I’m made my choice, and so did you.”

              “You really want to throw what we have for each other away just like this. All the memories we made together?” Said Kris in denial.

              Jessica firmly nod her head, though her heart

ache a lot. “Yes.”

              “Jessica….”

              “You’re going to be my in-law. Please respect and love Tiffany with all your heart.”          

              “What about you? How should I feel about you?” Kris cut her off. “Honestly, tell me how you fell.”

              “It will hurt, but I can endure it.” Said Jessica truthfully.

              “Then I will cut the wedding. I’ll tell them the truth.”

              “No!” Said Jessica, loudly. “If you do that, I will hate you for the rest of my life. If you hurt Tiffany, I will never talk to you again.”

              “Even if the one that’s hurt are the both of us?”

              Jessica silently looks at him in tears, not knowing what else to say to him. Kris takes a step forward and gently wipe the tears away. Jessica softens by his action and embrace him back. Siwon, who park down the road saw everything from his car, grip onto the wheel tightly as he felt knives piercing his heart a thousand time.

              “Please don’t do this. I don’t want to regret loving you in the future. I don’t want to hate you for hurting Tiffany. Please don’t do anything stupid that will make us regret it in the future.”

              Kris wraps his arms around her. “But if I don’t, then both of us will be hurt.” He said. “I don’t want you hurt.”

              “I can bare the pain by myself. You don’t have to worry about me.” Said Jessica. “Just promise me you’ll take good care of Tiffany, give her the all the happiness in the world. Give her all your love.”

              “I can’t.” Said Kris. “I’ve given it to you. I’ve given all my heart to you.”

              “Then I give it back.”

              Kris pulls her away and looks hurtfully into her eyes. “It’s something you can’t give back.” He said. “Once Kris Wu has given a woman his heart, there’s no way I can fit another woman inside.”    

              “You will have too…” Tears oppa…”gliding down her cheeks again as she looks up at him. “Tiffany love you. You’re her hope to live again. Please

              Kris gently wipes the tears away and kiss her forehead. He looks at her again, with soft yet sad eyes. “Why must we go this way? Why must we hurt each other like this?”

              “Maybe it’s fate. We’re not destine to be together from the start.”

              “Not destine.” Kris chuckles hurtfully. “Then god is a joke... not allowing the lover to be together.”

              “Now, your duty is to bring Tiffany smiles and take good care of her when I’m gone... can you do that for me?”

              Siwon couldn’t take it anymore, make a U-turn and drive away.

              Kris forcefully nod his head as he let her go. “Then you promise to live well and smiles.”

              “I promise.” She whispered, softly.

              “Don’t kick me out of your life.” He said.

              Jessica forcefully smiles. “You should go to Tiffany.”

              Kris forcefully nods again, knowing that she’s trying hard to push him away. He sighed as he walks back to his car. He open the door, looks at Jessica one last time before he enter his car and drive away.

              Jessica wipes the tears away, looking at the empty road. She inhales and exhales a couple times. A sudden thought of Siwon cross her mind. She reaches for her phone inside her purse—unlock her phone and click on the contact icon, but stop and hesitate. “Whenever you need me or think of me, just give me a call.” His words repeat inside her head as she space out standing in front of the house.

              “I can’t always depend on you. I can’t all called you when I’m down.” She whispered quietly as she continues to zone out.

              Driving away from the Jung resident. Driving away from what he just saw. Siwon parked his cars at the lot and stroll the bridge. Inhales and Exhales, releasing the anger in him as he looks at the river. The image of Jessica embracing the Kris keep appearing inside his head. He tries to push it aside by thinking of the happy time he spent with her, but the image seems to have imprinted itself in his head. He stop, face the river, and watches the flow of the waves, letting it take his mind away from the image.

              “Jessica……” He whispered softly yet hurt inside his head.

* * * * *

              Tiffany’s dance team from her studio enter the room and walks up to her. Mrs. Jung, who sat beside her, smiles as everyone greet her mannerly. Everyone had a smile on the face except one. Hoya force a smile on his face as he looks at Tiffany. He stands beside the bed, looking sad at her, yet tries to keep a positive face.

              “Hi Tiffany, how are you feeling?” EunJung asked.

              “I’m good. Thank you for asking.” Tiffany said with a smile.

              “That’s great!” Said Jessi, excitedly.

              “Any great news?” Joon asked.

              Tiffany suddenly blush, “Nothing much. I’m getting discharge soon.” She said.

              “She’s getting marry soon. Kris has proposed to her a few days ago. We’ve been planning the wedding.” Said Mrs. Jung.

              “When is it going to happen?” Onew asked.

              “Soon.” Said Tiffany.

              “In two weeks.” Said Mrs. Jung.

              Everyone was shock as they look at Tiffany.

              “That’s very fast.” Said Hyuna.

              “How will you get everything done in time?” Eunjung asked, curiously.

              “We’re working on it. Kris’s parent have reverse an event room at the Novotel Ambassador Gangnam's Hotel. The invitations are done and should be here by the end of today. The date is picked, and Kris have to specialize the wedding dress.” Said Mrs. Jung, happily.

              “Kris knows your size?” Hyuna asked.

              Tiffany shook her head, “I call the shop. He wanted to settle the payment.” She said with 7PM.light smiles. “It’s going to be a small wedding. It’s going to August 10 at

              “We will be there for sure!” Said IU, excitedly.

 

              “Of course, we will!” said Jo Kwon.

              The news saddens Hoya as he looks down at the floor. Suzy glance at Hoya and see the sad face. She knew Hoya had a crush on Tiffany for a long time, but does not have the nerve to confess to Tiffany. She walks over to Hoya and lightly elbow him and signal him to smile. Hoya tried, but the new saddens him too deep. Tiffany to the side and sees Hoya strange behavior.

               “What’s wrong?” She asked.

               Hoya forces the smile, “I’m just happy for you. You finally found your other half.” He said.

              Tiffany smiles happily. 

            

To be continued………………………………………………….