Chapter four: Tell Me Goodbye

Love You Like A Fool

Thump. Thump. Thump. She felt his heart beating. The beat was neither normal nor slow. His heart rate was fast as if it was about to burst out from the inside. It’s madly crazy as he continues to stare into her beautiful eyes. Somewhat, she felt herself drawn to his rhythmic heart beating. It may be fast, but to a young girl like her with full of dream and adventurous mind; it’s like a confession left unspoken. Daze by her sparkles eyes that left him breathless, making him head spinning round, round, round. For the first time in his life, this has ever happen to him. Her beautiful sparkles eyes, her beauty, soft hair, and a personality that he likes. The deeper he look into her eyes, the more regret he have. He regrets meeting her. He could believe it all appear in front of him at the last moment of his freedom. He regrets becoming a part of her life. He regrets that she wasn’t his bride today. If only, she was the one he married. If only she was not twice younger than him, then there could possibly be a chance they could happen. They stares endlessly at each other until he loosen his grips and withdrew his arms off her, breaking the connection. He step back away from her. Her disappointedly looked at the floor.

              “Sorry.” He apologized. “Um…. I…umm…”

              Jessica confusedly looked at him. Why did he apologize to her? For what? For almost kissing her again? The questions continue flying inside her head, flooding her brain, but none were brave enough to escape . The only answered she have given him is a soft gentle smiles.

              He forced a smile on his face. “It great seeing you today. For the first time in my life, I feel so hard to say good-bye to someone I barely knew. ” He said. “I hope one day, we can meet again.” Jessica forced a smile on her face as she looked at him. “And I hope that day will come soon.” He walks up to her, spread his arm apart, and embrace her tightly.

              Jessica closed her eyes; sniff his sweet warm sense before they parted.

              “Goodbye.” He give a sad firmly smiles then turn around and make his way to the entry door, leaving the mansion.

              “I hope so too.” Jessica whispered glumly.

              A few hours have pass, Jessica, Tiffany, and Kris decided to take leave first. Siwon watches Jessica making her exit with her sister and Kris. He sighed before he grabbed another wine glass off the tray and sips it all down his throat. Holding an empty glass in his hand, spinning it lightly.

              “Soon.” He whispered in Korean.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

              Six months later….

              “Kris oppa, help me with this.” Said Jessica holding onto the crystal curtain.

              “I’m coming.” Kris rush to help, grabbed the curtain out of her hand and hangs it up on the ceiling.

              Jessica stood with smiles on her face as she looks at the curtain. Kris backs away from the curtain, standing next to her.

              “Do you like it?” Kris asked.

              “Of course I like it. I spent a month looking for it.” Said Jessica.

              “Why do you like it?” Kris curiously asked.

              “Because it is the symbol of dream.” Jessica smiles with her hands held together. “I’m a dreamer.”

              Kris smiles and rub the back of her head a little. “I knew that.” He said.

              Turning their body around, facing each other, Kris stood handsome, as Jessica becomes a princess. It was as if they were confessing their feeling to each together. But suddenly an image of Siwon pop in her head, cutting their staring contest off. Jessica walks out of the room. Kris stood clueless in her room.

              “What the hell just happen to me?” Jessica silently whispered to herself. “How did he get in my head again?  AHH!!!” She grabbed her head. “He’s a married man. He’s two decade older than me. I can’t think about him. Breathe Jessica. Breath.” She repeats in her head as she walks down the stair to the kitchen.

              “Siwon-sshi, is there anything you need at this time?” Said Mr. Jung as he walks into the kitchen.

              “No, not at the moment.” Said Siwon. “I should be asking you that since you anniversary is just in a couple weeks.”

              Jessica surprisingly looks at her father.

              “Oh that, no need. Just bring yourself and your wife.” Said Mr. Jung.

              “I’m divorced. No longer a married man.” Said Siwon.

              “Already? That fast?” Mr. Jung was shock.

              “Me and her do not get along, this marriage was a force, so there’s no point for me to continue.” Siwon explained.

              Mr. Jung nodded his head as he grabbed a cup of water. “Then I will see you soon.”

              “Okay, bye.” Said Siwon before hanging up his phone.

              Mr. Jung hanged up his phone and notice Jessica staring at him. “Something wrong?” He asked.

              “Who was that?” Jessica pretended she doesn’t anything.”

              “It was Choi Siwon. You met him in France, remember?” Said Mr. Jung.

              Holding the cup up against her lip, she lightly nodded. “Yes, I still remember.” She nervously said. She did not just simply remember him. She remembers more of him, especially their first kiss.

              “Well, you will be seeing him soon again.” Said Mr. Jung with smiles.

              “He’s coming to Korea?” Jessica was excited, but tried to remain calm.

              Mr. Jung nodded. “Yes, he is. For a business trip and something else”

              “A business trip? He has a business here?” Jessica digs for more of Siwon’s background from her father.

              “Of course he does. We have been their partners for nearly fifteen years now. They are one of our big supporters and so are we to them. The business here is manage by his little brother, Donghae, while he remain in France.”

              “Why did he choose to stay in France?” Jessica continues to ask.

              “That I can’t answer myself. Even I, myself, don’t have the answer. But I do know Donghae has a family. He has been married for ten years. His wife and kids are very beautiful. Donghae is the one that have a successful in family relationship. You will meet them soon.” Said Mr. Jung.

              “ If Siwon is 38, then how old is Donghae and Donghae’s wife?”

              “I believed Donghae is thirty four. His wife, Krystal, is 26 years old.” Said Mr. Jung.

              Jessica jaw drops in shock. “Eight years different. So Krystal is married when she was just sixteen?” She asked again.

              Mr. Jung nodded. “Yes. I was at his wedding.” He said. Looking at his daughter, he smiles seeing her curiosity about the Choi family, knowing she would continues asking him.

              “Then Siwon is the oldest in the Choi family. What about their parent?” Jessica asked again.     

              “Yes he is. Their parent died when Siwon was 21, so at he took over business at an early age.” Said Mr. Jung.

              “Wow, he must be really smart to manage a huge corporation without any further education.” Jessica said with envy.

              “Actually he did continue education. He graduated Seoul University with a master degree in Business and Inha University with a bachelor degree in Medical.“ Mr. Jung corrected Jessica. “He graduated both degree with high honor.”

              She was even more surprised knowing how well he did in school and work. Holding the cup of water tightly, she thinks of him.

              “Why are you asking so much about Siwon?” Mr. Jung curiously asked. “Come to think about it clearly, Siwon has a long history. Excellent and successful business, but have an unsuccessful marriage.”

              Jessica nervously looked at him, “Ummm…. I just…well, I met him and had a talk with…..”

              “Hi daddy.” Tiffany entered the kitchen with Kris.

              Kris glanced at Jessica. Jessica tried to avoid him eyes contact.

              “What are you two talking about?” Tiffany asked.

              “We were just talking about Siwon.” Said Mr. Jung.

              “Siwon. The guy’s wedding that we attend in France 6 months ago?” Tiffany asked.

              Mr. Jung nodded. “Yes, but he is no longer a marry man.” He blurted it out which caught Jessica attention and her heart to skip a beat. “He’s coming back to Korea.”

              “That’s nice to hear.” Said Tiffany. “Right in time for daddy and mommy anniversary.” She smiles as she walks to Mr. Jung and links her arms around Mr. Jung right arms. Mr. Jung gave her a smile, “Daddy, what are you planning to do?” She asked.

              “I don’t know. Probably have a celebration at home.” Said Mr. Jung.

              “That sounds great.” Said Tiffany fully agreed with his ideas. “It’s like a reunion.” Mr. Jung nodded.

              Jessica stood uncomfortably in the kitchen by the fridge; she tried looking the opposite way to avoid meeting Kris eyes.

              “Unnie, isn’t your grand show after the celebration?” Jessica asked.

              “Yeah, why?” Tiffany wonder

              “Just curious. You must be nervous.” Said Jessica.

              “I am, but practice makes perfect.” Tiffany confidently said. “Since you mention it, I need to go to the studio.”  She looked at Kris. “Kris, can you give me a ride?”

              Kris was slightly startle by her voice, he constantly nodded. Jessica sigh in relief after Kris and Tiffany leaves the house.

              Mr. Jung looked back at Jessica, waiting for her to continue to question him again about Siwon. “Is there something you like to ask me?” He asked. Jessica shook her head. “Alright, I’m heading to the reading room.” He said. Jessica nodded her head.

              Mr. Jung walks back to his reading room. Jessica continues to lean her body against the kitchen counter with a cup of water in her hand. She silently thinks of Siwon, unable to rid him out of her head. Somehow, she feel happy inside her just knowing she will soon see him again.

 

To be continue…………..