Chapter 26: Siwon and Jessica's wedding

Love You Like A Fool

06c6f7807259ac6b4107a6b15d2abf1d.jpge225f9b6fd6c9b1dbd7db9b6cfb6915c.jpg2b71da55481857da50ca3c78526e14ae.jpg673e52b3e6813cd5eb9ab76f90152b08.jpg

             The day has finally come. Siwon stands in front of five full-length mirrors in the fitting room of The Shilla Seoul Hotel. He rests his right hand at the center of his chest and feels his heart beating furiously fast.

            “Donghae, I don’t know if I will be able to breathe when I stand on stage.” Said Siwon, nervously. He inhales and exhales deeply.

            Donghae chuckles lightly as he walks up and stands beside him. He pats his right shoulder. “I know the feeling. I know how you feel right now. I was like you when I married Krystal.”

            “If I lost control of my feet, help me stand.” Said Siwon, nervously.

            Donghae laughs lightheartedly. “Hyung, you’ll be fine. You’ll be able to stand on stage and watch your bride walk down the aisle to you. But you won’t be okay when she stands in front of you and exchange vows.” He . Siwon was more nervous than before. Donghae could not help but smiles at the anxious Siwon. “Come on, the guests are here. We have to go greet the guests”

            Siwon nod and walks with Donghae out the fitting room to the venue. They join Krystal, Mr. and Mrs. Jung at the entrance of the venue and greet the guest together. One after another group walks into the venue and greet the groom. The next family was the Wu family.  They stop in front of Siwon and Donghae.

            “Congratulation Mr. Choi.” Said Mr. Wu shaking his hand.

            “Thank you. Thank you for coming.” Said Siwon, happily. “Donghae will you to the table.”

            Donghae escorts them to the table near the stage. Kris and Siwon exchange look—a jealous and sadness look before he walks away.

            Krystal hurriedly walks up to Tiffany. “Wait.” She stops them and looks at Tiffany. “Would you like to go see Jessica?” She asked. “She will be happy to see you.”

            “Yes, I would love too.” Tiffany said, happily.

            “Then right this way.” Krystal walks them to the room on the far right of the venue.

            Kris pushes the wheelchair, following Krystal to the bride waiting room. Krystal opens the door. They enter the room together. Jessica sits on the white couch bench under the light. She was like an angel. Kris was speechless. Tiffany was awe yet happy for her.        

            “I’ll be right outside if you guy needs me.” said Krystal before she closes the door and leaves.           

            Jessica smiles suddenly cut short when her eyes meet Kris sad pairing eyes. Kris pushes the wheelchair up to Jessica.

            “Unnie.”

            “You’re very pretty tonight.” Tiffany compliment as she holds Jessica's hands.

            “I’m very happy that you are here.” Said Jessica. Behind the hidden bright smiles is her nervous self.

            “The wedding is beautiful. You are beautiful as well.” Said Kris in a forceful smile.

            “Thank you, Kris oppa.” Said Jessica, uneasy. 

            Kris forcefully nods. “Why don’t you two talks. I’ll be outside.”

            The door close.

            “Jessica, after today you will be a married woman… do you know your duty as his wife?” Tiffany asked.

            Jessica shook her head. “It wouldn’t be hard, right?”

            Tiffany smiles lightly, “It’s simple. A wife cooks, cleans, and does housework, but I’m pretty you don’t have to do any of that. I don’t think Siwon would even let you do any work. He’s too in love with you.”

            Jessica’s blushed.

            “But there’s also another thing you must know.” Said Tiffany in a semi-serious tone. Jessica looks at her a ‘What is it?’ look. “Bared him a child. Every man wants a child with the one they love after marriage. Are you ready for that?”

            Jessica froze for a moment as she stares blankly to the side.

            “Siwon is the oldest of the Choi family and no child. Donghae has two kids. However, their work is split. One takes control of the business in Korea, while the another take care of the business in France. If I’m not mistaken, Donghae’s kids inherit the business here. Siwon…. has no child yet.”

            “I didn’t think that far, unnie.” Said Jessica is a low voice. “I don’t know if I’m ready to be a mom.”

            Tiffany sighed lightly. “Luckily, I stop by the house early and went to your room. I put a few packs of birth control pills supplies in your suitcase. It should be here soon. If you are not ready for a child. Take one daily… for conscious and until you are ready to be a mom.”

            “Unnie…”

            The door open and a group of girls enters the room. “Congratulation!” They shout.

            “Oh my gosh, you look so beautiful.” Said Sooyoung as she walks up to Jessica. “I’m so jealous of you.”

            “When I enter the venue, I was awed. Siwon has put so much work in the designs for the wedding. You are so lucky.” Said Sunny.

            Jessica smiles, “Kamsahamnida.”

            “Are you nervous?” Yuri asked.

            Yoona looks at Yuri stupidly, “Yeah, of course, she’s nervous. It’s her wedding day.”

            Taeyeon walks up to Jessica and sat beside her. “Jessica, you are really pretty… especially tonight. I’m so happy for you.” She said with a smile.

            “Kamsahamnida.” Jessica smiles. “You know you can find happiness too…. especially someone who has a sincere heart.”

            Taeyeon knew what she was saying.

            “Are you girls talking about Nichkhun?” Said Hyoyeon.

            Jessica gives her a bright look like an answer.

            “I’ve have not seen him since that day at the studio.” Said Jokwon as he walks into the room.  “Miss him already.”

            “Um… you can miss him all you want. I think he's not interested in you. I’m pretty sure he is straight, not curve.” Said Sunny, chuckling.

            “Yah!” Jokwon pout.

            Krystal walks into the room, “Alright ladies, it’s time. The bride needs to prep herself. The ceremony is about to start. Mr. Jung is on his way here. I need you to go to your tables and get ready to cheer loudly. Taeyeon, you’re the maid of honor. You need to be on stage.” She said.

            The girls nod and leave the room excited. Kris walks into the room—up to Tiffany. He glances at Jessica with sorrow eyes before he pushes the wheelchair out of the room to their assign table.

            Nichkhun was the last to enter the venue. Siwon immediately walks up to him and give him a hug. “I thought you wouldn’t make it.” He said.

            “How can I miss your wedding?” Said Nichkhun with smiles. “I’m your best man. Sorry, I’m late man.”

            “No, you’re just in time.” Said Siwon with excitement. “Everything is set. We need to be on stage now before my bride makes an entrance.”

            The moment Nichkhun walks up the stair onto the stage at the same time as Taeyeon. The two-meet eye to eyes.

Nichkhun stop near the center of the stage. “Taeyeon…” He whispered.

Taeyeon was surprised to see him here again after so many days have passed since that night. She worries about him every day. Apart of her want to ask about his well-being, but too shy and stubborn to do so.

Taeyeon could not take her eyes off him. From a glimpse, she notices his figure change. “He got a little skinny.”  She whispered inside his head.   

            All the worry and missing her dearly vanish, only happiness hanging across his face.

            “Taeyeon! You look very pretty!” The girls at the table near the stage shout.

            Taeyeon shy looks down for a second then her head rise. Their words are true. Even Nichkhun could not take his eyes off her. She shines beautifully under the light. The venues light dim as Siwon make an entrance, walking down the red carpet to the end of the venue where the pastor await.

            Siwon stands beside Nichkhun at the center-end of the stage.  He rests his right hand at the center of his chest and takes a deep breath as the main music of the wedding play, ‘Can’t Help Falling in Love’. Little lights like fireflies bright from the ceiling and around the stage like a magical ceremony in the open night park by the river. The firefly’s lights light up the true and beautiful colors of the flowers in the venue.

            Everyone is astounded as they look around the beautiful venues.

            “Ladies and gentlemen, please rise as the bride make her entrance.” Said the MCs.

            Siwon was breathless as he looks at his bride at the other end of the stage. Jessica waits with Mr. Jung. She inhales and exhales softly as she grabs onto Mr. Jung arms.

            “Don’t worry, my daughter. I’m right beside you. I will walk with you to him, the man that loves you very much.” Mr. Jung whisper.

            “Thank you appa,” Jessica whispered.

            Walking down the stage like a princess to her prince. Her friend smiles in happiness as they watch Jessica walk with her father to the

 “Tonight is a special night where two lovers unite as one… lock for eternity. A night where two hearts become one…. Mr. Jung, please walk Miss Jessica Jung down the aisle.”

            Jessica’s heartbeat nervously every step she takes. She could not help and look at the handsome Siwon standing by the priest with a soft yet charming smile. She smiles as well.

            “She’s so beautiful.” Tiffany whispered as she watches Mr. Jung walk Jessica to Siwon.

            Kris jealously watches the woman he loves become another man’s wife. He wants to run up to the stage—take her hand and run away… run as far as he could with her. Yet, he could not pull himself to do it. His family is here. Tiffany and Jessica’s family is here. Their friends are also in the venue. To pull such a move will only embarrass his family and put shame on them. He can only stand with hands roll tightly into a fist and watch.

            Five steps away, Siwon walks up to them. He stops and bows 90-degree to greet Mr. Jung.

            Mr. Jung looks at Jessica, hold her left hand out for Siwon to grab and hold. “Now, I hand my daughter to you. Promise me you will take good care of her.” He said.

            Siwon lightly nods, “I will. She is my priority.” He said.

            Mr. Jung happily smiles before he turns around and walks off stage. Siwon walks with Jessica the center, standing three feet away from the pastor.

            The pastor smiles, “Standing here under this fairies ceiling as the sky, I and the people here to witness the two of you exchange vows… exchange the love you have for each other. A love that will take you both on a new journey… a new life was two equal one.” Said the pastor. “We shall now begin with your vow.” He grabs a microphone and hands it to Siwon. “Siwon, please say you vow to Miss Jung.”

            Siwon and Jessica turn and face each other. He reaches for her right hand—holds it up between them. “Jessica, tonight is the happiest and blessing night of my life. The very first time I met you, we were running around the city of Paris—the city where all love to bloom. I thought this girl is very strange yet brave. We did not know each other, but we hold onto each hand tightly and runs. At the very moment, I knew I could not let go of her hand…because I can’t help but fall in love with you…. I promise I make you the happiest woman in the world. I promise to cherish you. And I promise to love you through good and bad. When you need a hand, a shoulder to rest or cry, or someone to hold you. I will give it to you all the days of our life. This is my promise of love to you. To give the best of me and ask no more than you have already given to me. In the name of God, I, Choi Siwon, take you, Jessica Jung, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or worse, I will never let you take the path alone. I will never let you suffer, only to fill your world with love and happiness. This is my promise of love and solemn vow.” Siwon lowers the mic with a sweet smile.

            Jessica could not be any happier than today. A day where she knows how he truly feels for her. And how much she means to him. She cries in happiness, like other women in the venue, crying along with her. Everyone was touch by his choice of words.

            “Now, Miss Jung. Please say your vow.” Said the priest.

            Jessica turns to Taeyeon and hands her the bouquet. She turns around and faces Siwon. He hands her the mic, she takes the mic without letting go of the hand that’s holding her.

             “Choi Siwon. I want to thank you for everything you did for me. You have made me a better than I ever knew I could be. From a girl that barely knew anything about the world, only dreaming and living in an imaginary world. You, from strange to become my husband, continue to make me better, braver, kinder, and stronger, every single day. You are always beside me when I’m down and sad, to talk, and cheer me on. Knowing you has been the greatest thing in my life….and I wish you spend the rest of our lives exploring, loving and caring together. I promise you I will never let go of your hands. This is my promise and solemn vow.” Jessica lovingly smiles as she looks into his eyes.

            The pastor smiles as he holds the book in front of him, “Please follow me by saying each other names. We shall begin with the groom first.” Said the pastor. “I,____”

            “I, Choi Siwon, take you, Jessica Jung, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part.”

“Now the bride please follow.” Said the pastor.

“I, Jessica Jung, take Choi Siwon, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part.”

“You may exchange wedding room.” Said the pastor.

Taeyeon walks up to Jessica. Nichkhun walks up to Siwon. Both holding the ring toward the owner. Siwon takes the ring from the box. He turns, holds her left hand and the ring in between them. He slides the ring into her wedding ring finger. Jessica smiles before she turns and takes the ring from the box. Facing him, she holds his left-hand slide the ring into his ring finger.

“I know pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.” Said the pastor.

            Siwon smiles happily as he takes a step closer to her, lower his head and kiss her lips passionately. The crowds cheer loudly as they clap. The music play again in the venues.

            Siwon and Jessica face the crowd and bow their head as thank you. The pastor walks off the stage up to a table in the corner. He signs the certification and hands it to Donghae. After the handshake, the pastor exits the venue. Siwon walks Jessica to the dance stage and has their first dance to ‘A thousand years by Christina Perry’. The audience watching awe and happiness at the newly wedded couple slow dance under the light. Servers begin bringing foods and drinks out to the guests.

            Standing below the stage with a bouquet in her hand, Taeyeon watches Siwon and Jessica circling around the stage with her arms rest around his neck and his arms around her waist. They rest on each other forehead. Nichkhun walks over to her.

            “Hi.” Nichkhun greets Taeyeon with sweet smiles.

            Taeyeon startles a little and looks at him nervously. “Hi.”

            “How have you been? It’s been a while.”

            “I’m good. How are you? I hope everything is well.”

            Nichkhun inhales and exhales as he looks at Siwon enjoying the time with Jessica. Siwon glances to his right and gives Nichkhun a signal. “I heard you visit my halmeoni with Jessica and Siwon.” He said as he looks into her beautiful eyes.

            Taeyeon nod lightly. “Yes, I did. She’s a very sweet lady.”

            “She is.”

            “You and halmeoni are very close.”

            “We are. She raised me and my sibling when my mother was out working. I love her very much.”

            “What about your father?”

            “He died when I was a little boy.”

            “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to….”

            “It’s fine.” Said Nichkhun. “May I have danced with you?” He asked.

            “I…”

            Nichkhun takes the bouquet out of her hand and places it on the upper stage. He holds her right hand and walks her to the center of the white floor stage. The group of friends sitting by stage is in awe. Nichkhun places her left hand on his shoulder. He wraps his left hand at her back and holds her right hand up. He takes the lead and guides her around the dance floor. Soon, couple by couple joins the dance floor.

            “You’re very beautiful, especially tonight.” Said Nichkhun in a soft tone. “The time I was away, I could not stop thinking about you.”

His words touch her, making her nervously as she tries to look at him. She’s speechless. Nichkhun waits patiently for her to speak, but only to see her nervously staring at his upper chest. He leads her right hand to the center of his chest where his heart is and wraps his right arm around her waist.

            Sitting at the table, Leeteuk eyes sharp and eyebrows narrow as he watches Taeyeon dance with Nichkhun. He wanted to walk over and take her away but does not do so. Kris from another table jealously watches Jessica in another man arms.

            “Wow, he’s so romantic.” Said Hyuna with her hands intertwine at her chest. “I want a man like him. A man that shows me his love.”

            “Hm. Keep dreaming.” Said Jokwon. Hyuna give him a death glare before she watches Nichkhun and Taeyeon dance.

            Enjoying the show, Taecyeon’s phone vibrates against his chest. He pulls out his phone and looks at the caller ID. It’s from his co-worker at the station.

            “Yobo, I need to answer this call. I’ll be right back.” Said Taecyeon. Yoona nod. Taecyeon stands and leaves the venue to answer the call.

            Jessica glances to her right and sees Taeyeon dancing with Nichkhun. She looks back at Siwon, who’s smiling sweetly.

            “You plan this?” Jessica asked.

            Siwon nod.

            “Even for them too?

            Siwon shook lightly. “I plan this for you. Everything tonight is for you but seeing Nichkhun with Taeyeon, I signal him to make a move.” He explained. “During the time he away, he called and ask about his halmeoni… and Taeyeon as well. So, I thought why not give him a signal to make a move before it’s too late.”

            “You—…” Jessica’s eyes dreamingly look into his.

            “What about me?”

            “You surprised me sometimes. You always think for other.” She said. “Thank you for everything.” She smiles sweetly. She leans and gives him a quick yet deep kiss before she rests her head on his left side chest.

            Siwon was taking by surprise by quickly shakes the thought away and continues to dazzle on the dance floor with his arms tighten around her.

 

 

To be continued…………………