High school Mess

The LUCEAT Bulletin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

*** I told you my EQ is low right? I was planning to hold on to this chapter for a bit longer until tomorrow since work issues flooded me again today. I wanted to make sure I still give you daily updates. But I was able to write this last night... and I just wanted to have you read it already.    :( 

 

 

 

Chapter 21

High school Mess

 

L went home frustrated. Minho…how can he just throw everything they worked hard for away?!  They’re dream is close at hand… How can he just turn his back…

“I think you forgot you can’t threaten me L.” said Minho  “Your Dad is fond of me, right?”

That got L more frustrated. He can’t even use his being a stockholder son against Minho. Ever since young, his Dad has already been fond of Minho. Though Minho does not visit often. He would always ask how Minho is doing and would usually send special gifts to Minho.

‘L ‘saw his Mom drinking again. His mom has been an alcoholic since 2 years ago…It would always break his heart seeing his Mom like that…But he can’t do anything to help…

“You’re home.” Said L’s Dad

“Yeah.” Said L “Mom didn’t get treatment today?” asked L

“She refused. But tomorrow…surely she has to.” Said L’s Dad.

“How’s school?” asked L’s Dad

“It was ok…except for some stuff.” Said L

“Stuff?”asked His Dad

“Minho…he…chose to study communications. It seems he’s planning to go into journalism.” Said L

“Journalism?!” L’s Dad is shocked “That’s a dangerous field isn’t it?”

“Ever since he got hooked with that LUCEAT…he got really interested in journalism.” Said L “I’m trying to convince him to change his mind and go back pursuing Art.”

“I don’t think he should pursue Journalism…” said L’s Dad

“I coulnd’t agree more.” Said L

L went to his room and lay down. He looked at the wall where a large photo in a frame is hanged.

It was a picture of the younger Hara, Lee Joon, Minho and Him with their professor. It was 3 years ago…just a few months before the professor died.

Why can’t they just go back then…when everything was still as they are supposed to be?

L stood up and opened his cabinet and took out a painting. It was the last painting the professor did…it is still unifinished…He had always wanted to finish it…He neverhad the courage to do so…

He was the only one with the professor when he died…he left him the painting…leaving an important instruction…

The professor asked him to ask Minho to finish the painting…to finish his maastepiece… Minho was not beside him then…but still…it was Minho who was to finish the painting…

Why is it Minho? Why can’t it be him?

-------------------------

The next day L was walking the field when he noticed a familiar car…Dad’s car?

L followed the car and saw his Dad…but why is he going towards that direction…..LUCEAT office?

L saw his Dad talking with Minho. Ahh…so he went here to help him convince Minho?

L chuckled. His Dad has never really intervened…but now, he is. He’s really fond of Minho.

L walked nearer to hear what is being talked. He hid behind a tree.

“I don’t know why you had to go here personally.” Said Minho “You shouldn’t have.”

That was a bit rude. Minho has never been rude to his Dad in the few times Minho visited their house.

“You even brought your car. What if L sees you?” asked Minho “What if he asks what you came here for?”

“I will just tell him I talked to you. He told me you’re trying to be a journalist?” said L’s Dad

“How convenient for you. You can easily escape L’s questions because we are friends.” Said Minho “Until when can you hide it?”

“Minho listen. I can’t allow you to take Journalism.” Said L’s Dad. “That’s too dangerous.”

“You’re worried? If something happens to me, you’ll lose one of your problems.” Said Minho

“I have never thought of you as a problem.” Said L’s Dad

What is going on?

“I will never wish for anything bad to happen to you…because you’re my son.” Said L’s Dad

Son…

Minho…is his Dad’s Son…

“A son that you kept hidden all these years.” Said Minho “Instead of thinking of my plans, why don’t you just worry about your wife? She learned about me a few years back…I heard she’s not doing well.”

Minho…was the reason why his mom is suffering this much?! Minho is Dad’s bastard?!

“Minho! I am trying to be a good father. I care about you. I can’t let you take up that kind of dangerous job in the future.” Said his Dad

“What right do you have to stop me? Even my finances here are supported by my Mom’s family. You have no hold on me.” Said Minho

“Oh right…you allowed me to solely use the top floor of the science building.” Said Minho “I guess I really have something to thank you for.”

“I won’t change my mind. Tell L that.” Said Minho

And then Minho walked away

L’s blood is on his head. His mind in chaos….Minho…destroyed his Mom…his once youthful and loving mother…And Minho…he is Dad’s bastard!

L walked away…why…why didn’t he notice…why…

When they were little..they were made to play together…as if it’s all planned that way…

Now his Mom is suffering…they are all suffering…

And it’s all because of Minho.

----------------

L ran out of the school and went to Lee Joon’s house. He needs some air.

He was led inside. But it seems Lee Joon is in the shower.

L walked inside Lee Joon’s room and sat on the bed.

How can this all be happening?!

L saw a framed object on the side of the bed and took it out…

“The…spring painting?!” L is shocked upon seeing the painting…that’s supposed to have been destroyed in the fire…

Lee Joon got out of the shower and saw what L is holding.

“You…have this?” asked L

“L…I…” Lee Joon is out of words

“You…you kept it here? Why did you claim it was destroyed in the fire?” asked L

Lee Joon closed his eyes.

“You…what really happened there?”asked L

Lee Joon sat down. His hand shaking.

“I did it for Hara L…Miss Editor…was hurting her too much…Minho is getting influenced by her…they’re getting too close…It’s hurting Hara…I needed to pull her away from Minho…” said Lee Joon

“So you…burnt the office?! You almost burnt all of our masterpieces!” said L

“I only planned a small fire….I planned it well…but…it went out of han

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter