Haunting Painting

The LUCEAT Bulletin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

****I have such a low Emotional Quotient (EQ) As soon as I wrote this chapter, I immediately uplaoded it...when I am not even sure if I can write one tomorrow due to the bunch of work stuff....wahhhh......

 

 

Chapter 13

Haunting Painting

 

Chansung’s anger subsided now that he and Sulli are walking around the building. He still feels irritation over Minho though. He doesn’t like the theory that’s forming in his mind…but he can’t think of a rational explanation why Minho is acting this way towards someone…

In the past year…Minho has been consistent…not just in his great photos…but in his dealings with people too…So why is he acting like this to the new groupmate…to…

A woman…

“I didn’t mean to disrespect you by not appearing Boss.” Said Sulli “I...don’t have an excuse…it’s really my fault.”

Chansung took a  deep breath. He had never been that angry towards any of his subordinates…it embarrasses him that he wasn’t able to control himself earlier. What would his group think of him?

More than that…he didn’t want to scare Sulli…

“I was just worried something happened to you when you did not appear. And I couldn’t reach you either.” Said Chansung

“I’m really sorry…” said Sulli. Boss must’ve called a that time she was contacting people from the Organization for help.

Chansung can’t help it. Sulli looked like a chick that just hatched from an egg. She looked so fragile while apologizing to him.

“Just…next time if you can’t make it…let me know, ok?” said Chansung.

Sulli just smiled faintly “I will Boss…I promise to not do it again.”

There was a long moment of silence. When Chansung can’t bear the silence anymore, he spoke up.

“You…and Minho…seems to be pretty close.” Said Chansung

“Huh? Oh….we were schoolmates in high school.” Said Sulli

“Yeah…but you said you are not friends.” Said Chansung

“Umm..yeah…We aren’t…” said Sulli

“That’s not how I’m seeing it.” Said Chansung

That made Sulli stop and think…sut because they were together the entire day doesn’t mean they are close…right?

If Chansung and Suzy has the same line of thinking, she will cause trouble to Minho and Suzy for sure.

“We are working under the same team. So I think it’s good to have a good working relationship.” Said Sulli

“But don’t make people misunderstand.” Said Chansung  “or it may break some work or even personal relationships.”

“I don’t understand, Boss…Minho and I aren’t doing anything wrong…The entire time, we were just working together.” Said Sulli

“Did you see Suzy’s reaction?” asked Chansung “You don’t need to do  something to affect someone. Sometimes mere presence can make a big impact…I don’t think she’s happy seeing you with Minho.”

Chansung is right…Suzy…is definitely not happy…she was like a tiger just waiting to attack.

“And it’s the same as me…I also don’t like seeing you with Minho.” Said Chansung

What? But they are under the same group? Why would Boss don’t like to see them together?

“It makes me…feel irritated…I can’t understand but…I just don’t like seeing you around him.”

That made Sulli’s mind swirl. What is her Boss saying? Suzy is jealous of Her and Minho because they are together…but is her Boss saying he is jealous too?

“I might be getting jealous.” Said Chansung

Wow…now that has got to be a joke…right? Her boss confessing to her on her first week of work?!

She had always been successful avoiding confessions. He hasn’t confessed right? He did not say he lieks her right? She still has a chance to let this slide.

“hahah!” Sulli laughed “Is it because we’re getting really good at working together? I assure you we don’t. We are like oil and water.” Said Sulli

“I mean personally, Sulli…I don’t like it when you’re close with him.” Said Chansung

“Oh…That’s what you mean…Ummm…” Sulli felt sweat on her forehead…How can she push this topic away?

“Minho and I…we’re not match at all. During Highschool he hated me. Besides, we won’t be working together anytime soon. We have separate assignments, right? You are my Boss.” Said Sulli

“If I’m no longer your Boss, will you already look at me as a man?” asked Chansung

Oh no…

Sulli suddenly felt her tongue numb. She can’t seem to speak. She’s not good at handling confessions.

“I’m going to make you see me as a man, Sulli.” Said Chansung

What is happening….

No way….Can they rewind everything?

------------------

Minho is walking ahead of Suzy. Her chest is in pain…Since Sulli and Boss walked away earlier, Minho has not spoken a word.

Suzy stopped walking

“Please…don’t make me feel like this…” said Suzy “Can you not make me feel so unimportant? Can you at least look at me? Can you at least talk to me?”

Suzy can’t bear the pain that’s gripping her heart.

“Can you just please….please stop ignoring me? Please?”

Minho stopped walking.

“I don’t know if it’s still right to go on like this…Suzy…” said Minho

“What do you mean? What are you talking about…is this still about the conversation we had in the airport?” asked Suzy tears flowing from her eyes “If it’s about that….I’m sorry if I pushed you…I just wanted to feel more secured….I just….didn’t want to lose you….so I wanted to….I wanted to feel that you feel the same way…”

“I am bound to hurt you sooner or later.” said Minho “I told you I can’t return what you feel for me…though we are always together the past year…you know nothing has changed.”

“Why? Why can’t you let me in…why do you lock your heart like that? What’s wrong with me? What don’t you like in me?” asked Suzy

“Men envy me when I’m with you…there is nothing wrong with you Suzy. But I don’t think my heart will ever beat that way for you.” Said Minho

“Why not try? Minho have you ever been in love? Can’t you at least t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter