Motorbike

The LUCEAT Bulletin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 10

Motorbike

 

Cousins?

Minho felt like he’s being tricked. Sulli and Suzy are cousins?

Everyone is surprised.

“Uncle did not say you’re back.” said Suzy

“I just came back yesterday.” Said Sulli “I surprised them.”

“Well, I’m glad to see you again.” Said Suzy hugging Sulli “We were still small when we last saw each other. So I’m happy that we are working under the same group.”

Sulli hugged Suzy back. Her cousin…her only cousin who she never had the chance to really get closed to…working for the same company…

“Dad would be happy to know this.” Said Sulli

Suzy pulled from Sulli and went to Minho.

“Hey let’s have lunch together my cousin.” said Suzy towards Minho

“Oh…not a good idea, Cousin.” Thought Sulli

“Can we join you? I like to get to know Sulli better.” Said Taeyeon

“Don’t you feel awkward volunteering yourself?”asked Key

It’s better to have more people, thought Sulli

“Oh I like to get to know you more too Unnie. Can we have them join us?” asked Sulli

“Oh…well….all right…” said Suzy a bit hesitantly

Hmmm it seems her cousin is not that close with Key and Taeyeon.

-----------------------------

They went to a nearby restaurant. Sulli still feels a bit awkward. But she’s getting immune to Minho’s presence. The fact that his hate towards her does not radiate is already enough consolation.

“So Sulli, when Key said you had a brief encounter with Minho in High school, what does that mean?” asked Taeyeon

Oh oh….

Sulli saw Suzy putting her hand on Minho’s arm on a caressing gesture. Sulli tried to concentrate on Taeyeon’s question and cleared .

“Umm…I was the editor in chief of our school paper then. We needed an artist then so I asked Minho’s help on one of our issues.” Said Sulli

“Isn’t it the LUCEAT?” asked Taeyeon

“Yep, It was one of our best issues. Minho’s work was really great.” Said Key

“I wish I was there too. I would love knowing how Minho was like in high school.” Said Suzy “How is he like, Sulli?”

Why does she need to be grilled like this? Sulli took a deep breath.

“Umm…he is the quiet type I think…we only had a few encounters…so I can’t really say.” Said Sulli

Suzy noticed that Minho has been holding a pen and keeps on twirling it. He usually does this when he’s uncomfortable about something.

Suzy looked at Minho…they’ve been in this restaurant countless times. So it’s definitely not because of the place. Key and Taeyeon are the closest people to Minho in the group. Is it Sulli then? Or is Minho still thinking of what she said in the airport? Is he troubled by that?

“How about you Minho. How was Sulli back in high school? I can’t trust Key because they’re close.” Said Taeyeon

It took a few excruciating second before Minho answered.

“Does it matter how she was before?” asked Minho there’s an edge to his voice

That made Taeyeon stop chewing her food.

“What matters is how she is now.” Said Minho

Sulli doesn’t know what to make of what Minho said.

“That’s a vague answer.” Said Key

“Yeah…I want to know her better so you need to  give a better answer?” said Taeyeon

Suzy noticed Minho gripping the pen. Something did not feel right in Suzy’s chest…

Is she thinking too much?

Sulli did not wait for Minho to answer. It’s going to be harder to hear the words from him.

“I was a spoiled brat.” said Sulli “I made life difficult for a lot of people.”

“Really?” Taeyeon is genuinely surprised. Sulli doesn’t look like a Brat..and if her research showed her right...Sulli wouldn’t go to Afganistan to work if she’s spoiled right?

“Yeah…I only had a few friends because not everyone can stand me.” Said Sulli smiling as if everything she’s saying is really just a thing of the past.

“She was dedicated.” Said Minho

Minho didn’t need to speak when Sulli already answered Taeyeon’s question. But the way Sulli described herself made Minho unable to control the words from his mouth.

“She was the reason why LUCEAT won the Peobody that year.” Said Minho

Taeyeon exchanged a glance with Key…Are they thinking of the same thing? Key’s glance was also meaningful so it’s obvious that he think the situation was bit odd.

Minho does not talk as much as possible.

So when he doesn’t need to speak anymore…you won’t hear him waste his words…

Taeyeon brushed her thoughts aside. It  just proves that Sulli and Minho is closer than what they claim.

Suzy’s chest is getting heavier.

“My cousin is pretty amazing.” Said Suzy putting her arms around Minho’s arm and leaning her head on his shoulder.

Sulli felt a squeezing feeling in her chest.

Sulli just smiled at Suzy. When her eyes met Minho’s, she immediately lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter