Chapter 4-A

Diary of his love

 

As soon as Jaejoong reached his apartment, he refreshed himself. He hit the sack and ready to sleep in any moment. But his mind was totally occupied by Yunho. Out of the sudden, sparkling tears rushed out from his eyes.

 Flashback:

“Oppa, you have read that notebook no matter what.” Ji Hye said as Jaejoong placing her in his lap. The man looked curiously to the kid and asked “What’s inside of it? Maybe I should read it now?”

Jaejoong was about to open his bag when the little girl stop him. Jaejoong tried to move his hand but Ji Hye is shooking her head “You have to read it alone, oppa.” The man can only sighed. He can’t win against her since she’s mocking him with her cuteness. Jaejoong smiled and pinched the cheeks of Ji Hye.

“Okay Princess. I will”

-End of flashback-

 

Jaejoong opened his bag and took out the notebook. ‘What’s up with this notebook? Why it looks like so important to everyone? Why it seems everyone knows this except me?’  he thought. He was about to open it when sleepiness attacks him. He decided to read it tomorrow and take a rest right now, because tomorrow he is going to stay beside Yunho like forever.

 

(At the hospital)

“Boys you can go home now.” Mrs. Jung reprimanded them. “I can take care of Yunho.” Yoochun, Changmin and Junsu looked at each other and gently shook their heads. “Ahjumma, you should be the one to go home now. You look weary, just like Ji-Hye” Junsu told her as he drifted his gaze to another way.

Mrs. Jung followed her nephew’s gaze and found her daughter sleeping soundly in the lap of Karam. She hesitantly looked to boys. She was about to say something when Yoochun cut him off “Go home now Ahjumma. We would be the one to take a look to him.”

Mrs. Jung sighed. She stood up and gently woke up her daughter. The little girl brushed her hair and looked fascinated in her mom. “Princess, we have to go home.”

The little girl looked at everywhere and pouts. “Oppa still not wakey? Princess miss him.”. Mrs. Jung’s face fell as she kneeled down to her daughter. “Not now Ji-Hye but Oppa will wake up maybe tomorrow. So we have to go now because we might scare him if he wake up and find us distressed.”

Ji-Hye roughly rubbed her eyes and stretched her body. She stood up and held her mom’s open hand unwillingly. Mrs. Jung noticed it and sighed “We will go now. Have enough rest boys.”

 

 

The boys watched as Yunho’s mother and sister leave. Junsu along with Yoochun went sit beside the bed of Yunho while Changmin stayed beside with Karam who’s sleeping in the sofa soundly. After a while, all of them received a message from Mrs. Jung telling that they are already home.

 

“Do you think Ji Hye’s idea is appropriate?” Junsu asked, breaking the cold silence around the room. Yoochun looked at him and gazed back to Yunho. “There’s no way that we are the one who will tell him” the dandy boy paused as he heard a soft sob from the man beside him.

“What if it turns out to be worst, hyung?” they heard their maknae asked. “What if it’s already necessary to let go of Yunho-hyung but Jaejoong-hyung won’t? Do you think we can handle him?” Changmin asked rapidly. Karam is trying to hold back his lover’s temper. He knows that he was hurt too, although he doesn’t show it that much.

“Let’s just….” Yoochun paused, looking for the right words. “trust them.”

 

 

The dawn is almost breaking but Yoochun and Changmin are widely awake. Both of their lovers are fast asleep beside Yunho’s bed.

The maknae looked at to Yoochun and sighed. “Year-end celebration will be next week. Should we go?”

The dandy boy drifted his gaze to the maknae, then back to stupor man. “I don’t know, Min.” he unsurely answered. How can they go if Yunho is like this? He won’t wake up.

“Jaejoong looks terrible now.” The maknae woefully stated. Yoochun just nod, speechless.

 

 

Out of the blue, they heard someone who’s having hard time breathing. Karam and Junsu were awakening by that sound to find out that Yunho’s life line is near dropping. “Chunnie, Call the doctor!” Junsu shrieked out and tried to shake Yunho’s body.

“You can’t do this, hyung.” Junsu kept murmuring. “Please.”

The younger man is panicking while Yoochun went out to call the doctor. Karam whose in the hold of Changmin just hugged him and silently cry.

The doctor and nurses went in and asked the four to go out of the room. They take out medical ventilator and life support.

“200 beats clear.”

-

-

-

“We need to move him in Intensive Care Unit, quick.”

 

 

(Onew’s POV)

 

*ring ring ring*

 

“Taemin-ah, your phone is ringing”

I whined and looked at the clock beside me. It was just barely 4 am of the morning then someone is calling on Taemin. I tried to sleep again but the phone won’t stop ringing. “Taemin” I called out again. Maybe he can’t get up.

I reached for his phone and find Karam-ssi calling. What’s going on?

“Yoboseyo?” I huskily welcomed him since I was still half-asleep.

“Onew-hyung.. y-you have t-to come h-here.”I was taken aback on how Karam speaks. It was like he was crying. I turn my head aside and saw Taemin is finally awake, curiously looking at me.

“Karam, why-“

“Onew, this is Changmin.”

“What’s going on hyung? What’s happening?”

Taemin looked at me, thinking of something bad. I heard hyung sighed on the other line and sobs won’t stop.

“Yunho-hyung….”

 

 

 

(Mrs. Jung’s POV)

 

“Where is Yunho?”

I was basically looking for air to breath. My son is comatose. He is comatose. What’s going on? I looked at to my nephew and he just cried while pointing at the big window beside me. I followed his fingers and I gasped. My son! He was paler than the moment I left him just this morning. Why? I felt my world collapsed.

“h-how?” tears continuously fell from eyes. No more words came out from me. My knees are trembling. How can I watch my own son fighting for his life? Why Yunho? Why my son?

 

 

(Changmin’s POV)

Junsu-hyung managed to catch Ahjumma before she fell down. Yunho-hyung is now comatose. And here we are, watching afar from this big window. Hyung was just lying there, lifeless. Machines are just his only hope.

I turn my head aside and find Karam sitting in the floor, crying. I walked up to him and sit. He gently laid his head on my shoulder and cried even more. “It turns out really worst hyung.” He tearfully murmured underneath my ear. “How are we going to tell it to Jaejong-sunbae?”

I gently caress his hair and wiped away those stained tears from his cheeks. “I don’t know, Karam. I don’t know.”

I faced him to me and hugged him. My face was placed in his nape and I felt tears fell from my eye. Yunho-hyung, you can’t do this.

 

 

(Yoochun’s POV)

 

I’m here trying to be strong for all, although everyone is breaking down in front of me. Looking in the death-like figure of Yunho-hyung is hard but what can I do? I just can’t sit there and cry. I have to take care of everyone here. How am I going to tell this to Jaejoong-hyung.

 

Flashback:

The doctor went out from the ICU. I quickly ran towards to him. “Doctor, what happen to my hyung?” I asked.

He looked at the three of us, who were anticipating for good news but his face fell. Junsu cried as soon as he saw the reaction of the doctor. I went to him and hugged him to make him calm down, he was trembling so much.

“Mr. Jung is already comatose. Our only hope was the machine. We should trust his strength to fight for his life but for now, we’re very sorry that we can’t do anything further.”

 

End of flashback

 

I keep glancing on my phone, thinking if I should call Jaejoong-hyung or not. I’m still not ready to deal everything to him. He was too stubborn that I’ll find it hard to control him. What am I supposed to do?

 

“Chunnie…” I heard my angel whispered. I hugged him and he hugged me back.

“Hyung!”

I saw Onew and Taemin approaching us. I let go of Junsu and make him accompany Ahjumma, Taemin and Karam for a while. Onew and Changmin went beside me and sighed.

“Where’s hyung?” this bubbly man asked. Before I could say anything, I heard Ahjumma crying out loud.

“Yeobo-nim.”

 

(3rd person)

 

Everyone turned their heads as they heard Mrs. Jung shrieked. They saw her running to her husband and crying endlessly.

“Where’s Ji-hye?” Mr. Jung asked while cupping the face of her stained wife. “S-she’s home and –“ Mrs. Jung can’t continue her words since she was crying so much. Mr. Jung just hugged her, making her calm down. He let go of her and acknowledge Karam for her care. Mr. Jung went near the big window and slowly crept his hand, tracing Yunho’s feature. ‘What’s going on my son?’ he quietly thought and a tear slipped out from his eyes.

Onew, Changmin and Yoochun walked up to him and patted Mr. Jung’s back. The old man quickly wiped away the tears in his eyes and smiled forcefully. “I’m so glad that my son has friends like all of you.” Mr. Jung reprimanded and drifted his eyes again to his son.

The younger men looked pitifully and sighed. “We feel great to have Yunho too, Ahjussi.” Onew sadly stated. “He was a fine young man now, unlike before.” Yoochun added.

“All thanks to Jaejoong-hyung.” Changmin whispered.

Out of nowhere, the old man’s eyes keep searching for something. All of them are becoming uneasy of his looks. “Ahjussi?” Junsu called out his uncle.

 

“Where is Jaejoong?”

 

 

(Jaejoong’s POV)

 

Is it just I worry too much to Yunho or I just can’t sleep? It’s freaking 5 am already. I keep rolling out from my bed, doing things that’ll make me sleep. Literally, it was useless.

Giving up, I rose up from my bed and went to the bathroom. After I took a bath, I go straight to the kitchen. My tummy is screaming for food. I’m not in the mood to cook so instead, I walked up in the refrigerator and get my cereals.

I can’t help but to glance at my phone, numerous times. They’re not calling or texting me about Yunho. I guess he was fine. He’s doing well. He’s getting better.

 

(3rd person)

 

A heavy feeling was sunken in Jaejoong’s heart, but he kept on ignoring that fact. He felt so uneasy and can’t even stay on one place. ‘Yoochun is not calling so I am sure that everything is fine.’ Jaejoong thought. Till then, uneasiness didn’t leave him. He decided to change his outfit and ready to go in the hospital until he caught the glimpse of Yunho’s diary.

‘I’m gonna read you later.’

 

(Taemin POV)

“Hyung, we’re dead if we don’t tell this to Jaejoong-sunbae.”

Karam looked at me and shook his head. “We don’t have the heart to break the news to him.”

I sighed. He’s right. If I was in their position, I’m going to do the same. It hurts to see a bubbly man in the loneliness when he founds out that anytime from now, the one he loves might go away.

 

Not far, I saw Key-umma running with Minho-hyung. I stood up and welcomed them with a hug. “Where are the other hyungs?” Minho-hyung asked me. I just point out my finger to the big window and he went off.

“What happen?” Key-umma asked Karam-hyung. Audible enough, hyung cried. He can’t answer such a question anymore. It was obvious that he was hurt too. In fact, all of us are hurt too.

 

 

(Minho POV)

“Annyeong Hamshimnikka, Ahjussi”

I greeted Jung-Ahjussi before I went to the other hyungs. I was about to approach them when I followed their entire gaze. Taemin pointed me this big window, not them. I turn my attention to the window beside me and shocked. Why Yunho-hyung looked so dead right now? No one of us can go inside except the doctors and nurses. I saw Key’s reflection through the window and he was crying, along with Karam-hyung. Taemin was having a hard time to take care of the two so I ran towards to Key and embraced him.

“What’s going on Minho? What’s happening?” he kept mumbling. I wiped his tears and kiss his forehead. I don’t know what to say. I was looking for words too.

“He’s comatose, Key. He is. The chance of him to live is too small.” Changmin-hyung answered my Key’s question. He’s eyes are empty. I nodded to him and he just hang his head low.

 

“What the !”

A curse was heard by all of us. All of us widened our eyes as we heard that curse. And now we’re on the depths of .

“Jaejoong-hyung.”

 

 

 

(3rd person)

 

““He’s comatose, Key. He is. The chance of him to live is too small.”

The world collapsed in Jaejoong. ‘This is not happening. I wasn’t hearing this from Changmin. NO’ Jaejoong thought. He was mustering up his courage to walk for more, he know he can’t anymore. “What the !” he shouted.

Everyone looked at him, shocked. “Jaejoong-hyung.” Minho whispered. As soon as they saw Jaejoong’s pale face, Yoochun and Changmin run to him but their hyung was just throwing dirty looks to them.

“Hyung, look we –“

“Where is Yunho?” he cut off Yoochun. He was too dizzy to listen to any of their explanation right now. All he wants was to see Yunho and erase in his memory what Changmin said a moment ago.

‘Why the hell they didn’t tell me?’ Jaejoong asked himself.

 

Flashback:

He went inside the room of Yunho only to find a nurse fixing the bed. He looked at the number in door and checked if he entered the right room. “Uhh. Excuse me?” he asked.

The nurse looked at him, slyly and nodded. “What do you need Sir?”

“The patient who’s staying here is Jung Yunho, right?” he asked nicely, thinking Yunho’s father transfer him to a bigger room.

“Yes he is.” The nurse answered unwillingly. He remembered Jaejoong clearly from last night, and now she has to break the news to him.

“I just want to ask-“

“Jaejoong-ssi, right?” she asked

“Yes?” The man looked at her confusely.

“Yunho-ssi.” She paused a bit and looked to the emotionless face of Jaejoong. “He’s in ICU now. His body stats fell just this morning.”

End of flashback

 

“How come you didn’t give me a call?” he asked them angrily. His hopes are too high that Yunho is going to be fine since they didn’t contact him about anything, but he was wrong.

Exhausted, he felt exhausted. He doesn’t know what to think and what to do anymore. All he wanted right now is to see Yunho perfectly fine, although it was really impossible…Really impossible.

Junsu was trying to approach Jaejoong but the older man was gapping himself two steps away. “Hyung.” He whimpered. “We don’t w-want you to w-worry.”

Jaejoong sternly looked at to Junsu as if he was ready to kill him but flawlessly, another round of tears flow out from his eyes. “W-where is h-he?”

Everyone is slowly moving aside so Jaejoong can see Yunho through the big window. He carefully go step by step near the window. ‘Is he fine?’ he keep asking himself.

He fell down as his fingers touched the cold glass of the big window. He cried as much when Yunho’s mother hugged him tight. He’s world collapsed. ‘Is this Yunho? Is this the mothering Jung Yunho that I love? What’s going on? What’s wrong? Yunho is fine, right?’

 

---

 

‘Lord, Do you hate me that much for you to take Yunho away?’ Jaejoong thought. He was inside the Intensive Care Unit, beside Yunho. He was mesmerizing Yunho’s face. He held Yunho’s right hand and cupped it in his face. Jaejoong let himself cry while watching his love slowly taking away from him. “Please, Don’t leave us. Don’t leave me.” He whimpers everytime he looked at to Yunho.

 

Everyone felt downcast while watching the lament figure of Jaejoong and Yunho. It seems like the world is unfavorable for Jaejoong since they know that he was trying to cope up with the pain that he was experiencing. Tomorrow. Tomorrow, they are going to face everyday without him. Without Yunho.

“Jaejoong-hyung still clueless about Yunho-hyung.” Onew breaks the silence that surrounds them. All of them looked at Yoochun, Junsu and Changmin. They are the only one who can answer the question that is bugging them the whole time. The fragile one didn’t dare to answer their question; he instead looked at to Jaejoong. Yoochun and Changmin let out a long breath and both looked at the big window.

“Ji Hye, she has the diary.” Yoochun responsed.

“We are hoping for him to read that.” The tall man added.

 

-----

 

A nurse approached them and each of them a plastic coat so they can get inside the ICU. Jaejoong was unaware that all of them are inside until he saw their reflections on the window. He gently back off so Yunho’s parents can see him. Mrs. Jung can’t help but to cry as she hold the pale hand of Yunho while Mr. Jung was just supporting her wife to prevent her from collapsing. Jaejoong ran out from the ICU as his tears can’t stop falling from his eyes. The other curiously ran to him.

 

(Yoochun’s POV)

 

He was endless running through the corridors. He suddenly stopped and his body fell at the pillar. He cried as Jaejoong-hyung saw us walking up to him. Changmin slowly lowered himself until he was sitting beside Jaejoong-hyung.

“YUNHO!!!!” he screamed out loud. Junsu quickly moved and hugged him. He was screaming redundantly and crying out loud. “Hyung.” Su whispered as tears rolls down from his eyes.

Hyung was pouring all of content of his heart right now. Surprisingly, Changmin was also getting teary over this. I can’t help but to shed tears in the scene in front of me. Everyone’s eyes are on us. Like they are telling ‘What the is wrong with them?’

“Have you read the diary?” I asked. It also bugs me if he already knew what’s up with Yunho-hyung. He looked at me and reached for his bag. “I-i-it’s h-h-h-here.” He stutteringly response since he was having a hard time controlling his tears.

“Read it as soon as possible.”

“W-why? W-what’s –“

“Don’t ask hyung. Just do it.” Changmin-ah cut hyung off. Jaejoong-hyung is eyeing the three of us curiously and nod.

As we stoop up and walked, the nurses looked at to hyung woefully. It was like they can feel the sadness that is eloping around Jaejoong-hyung’s humanity.

Yunho-hyung, why’d it come so far?

 

 

 

(Karam’s POV)

I was taking a peek to the hyungnims outside. They were all seating in the floor, comforting the the groaning Jaejoong-hyung. I stared at them the whole time and I felt tears coming out from my eyes. They are all indeed in weep. Even for me it was quiet hard to accept that Yunho-hyung is now comatose. I see Changmin silently crying beside the hyungs, It broke my heart.

 

(Jonghyun’s POV)

 

ICU. Hyung is on ICU. The nurse said to me. Yunho-hyung is now comatose. I ran there and find the older hyung’s comforting the broken one, Jaejoong-hyung. They were all sitting in the floor, tearing up. Karam-ssi is standing not far away from them. I went up to him and patted his back. “It’s fine.” I whispered.

He looked at me and quickly wiped away his tears. “I was carried away. The downcast was unevitable.” He murmured.

 

“Jonghyun-hyung.” I heard Minho called out my name. Key passes me by when he saw the pain in the eyes of Karam-ssi.  “Hey.” I weakly replied. “How was Jaejoong –hyung?”

The reaction in Minho’s face fell. I know this would be the worst part: Taming Jaejoong-hyung. It was already here and we can’t do anything but to wait for Yunho-hyung to wake up.

“He never stops crying.” Minho sighed. “Hyung, what if Yunho-hyung wouldn’t make it? What are we going to do?”

I let out a long breath. Sorry Minho. I can’t answer your question because I was also thinking the same thing. What if Yunho-hyung gave up?

 

 

(Junsu’s POV)

 

We’ve managed to make Jaejoong-hyung calm down. Yunho-hyung was moved in bigger and more convenient room for his condition. The man he loves was sleeping behind him, twining their hands together.

“Su. You alright?” a pair of arms sneaked in my waist, wrapping it around me. I looked at the man at my back and frowned. “Do I look fine to you, Chunnie?” I heard him chuckled and hugged me even tighter. A relief hollows my soul. Being down the whole day stress me or us so much and I thanked Chunnie for staying beside me the whole time.

“Su, your phone is vibrating.” He let go of me. I quickly took out my phone from my pocket and looked at the screen. It was undefined. Who might it be?”

 

“yoboseyo?”

“Junsu, what happen? What’s going on there?”

“Uhhh. Who is this? How-“

“Yaaah! Junsu-ah. It’s me, Heechul.”

 

My jaw dropped. No way that Heechul-hyung found out what’s happening here. I unconsciously dropped my phone, astonished to someone that I talk to.

 

(Yoochun’s POV)

 

Su was staring blankly as he drops his phone. I waved my hand but he didn’t even blink once. I picked up his phone to see who’s in the other line and it was undefined number. Slowly, I paced his phone on my ear and speak.

“I’m sorry this is Park Yoochun. Junsu is currently in his abnormal state right now. May I know who is this?” I asked. The person on the other line heave a sigh, it’s a man and I’m sure of it.

“It’s me. Tan Heechul.”

. We’re really dead. How did Heechul-hyung found out?

 

(3rd person)

 

“How was Yunho? Oh my god. Why no one calls me about this?” Heechul rapidly asked.

“H-how did you-“

“So you don’t have any plan to tell me this situation. What the . We’re going home.” The older man cut of the stuttering Yoochun since he was not amused about them hiding the facts.

“Hyung –“

“Oh please everyone there. I’m going home with my name Tan Heechul. Isn’t obvious? I’m married with Hangeng and I’m not going to steal your ‘oh-so-awesome’ Yunho-hyung from your ‘oh-so-nice’ Jaejoong-hyung.” Heechul sarcastically cut off Yoochun again, making the younger one sigh.

“Jaejoong-hyungstilldoesn’tconfess.”

“What the ? I don’t know tounge twisters Park Yoochun so better tell me straight!”

“Jaejoong-hyung is still clueless.”

“What the heck is wrong with the people out there Heechul? Why the two of them still didn’t confess? Why Yunho is being so idiot about his feelings? It’s been 3 years. ing 3 years!” Yoochun heard Hangeng shouted. “I can manage this Geng. You little mutt Yoochun needs to explain everything!”

 

“Yunho’s diary is already in Jaejoong. We are certainly hoping that hyung will read it.” Yoochun elucidate to Heechul who keeps bugging him off about the way how will Jaejoong found out.

“Do you think it will work out? Do you think so?” Heechul asked again, irritating Yoochun more. “Do you guys have back up plan if it fails?”

“Hyung, all of his secrets are all there, said by Ji-Hye, including the letter that he supposed to give to him in that certain day.”

Heechul and Hangeng just sighed. They are both worried of the consequences’ that Jaejoong will face if they come back.

“Okay. We’re about to board the plane now. Don’t hesitate to leave me a message if something happened. Understood Park Yoochun?”

 

 

(Heechul)

I hang up and looked at to Hangeng who’s placing our bags inside the compartment. We are taking off to Korea and I’m coming home as Hangeng’s wife. I thank God that Geng can accompany me back to my hometown.

“Do you think Baby Ji’s idea will work?” I asked him. He placed the last bag of us up and sat beside me. He looked at me deeply and held my hand.

“Ji Hye. That kid is really something. We should trust her. She knows Yunho more than us.”

I cuddled in his chest for a comfortable position and looked up to him. “I’m afraid that Jaejoong will find me such a nuisance.” He chuckled, I heard him while I’m in deep thought. Annoyed enough, I knuckled his forehead and pout. He cupped my face and planted a kiss on my forehead. He really knows how to make me melt.

“That’s why were going home, to let him realize that Yunho’s world revolves around him.”

 

(Hangeng)

Flashback:

*ring ring ring*

“Heechul, your phone is ringing!” I shouted afar since I was busy reading the files that I needed to sign on. Hee was in the kitchen, preparing breakfast I guess.

“Answer it for me Geng. I’m still not done stirring this soup.” He shouted back. I sighed and get up to find his phone underneath his pillows. I jump to the bed so I can finally see who the hell the person who’s calling right now that was causing Heechul’s phone to ring wildly. When I found it, I saw the caller’s name was undefined.

“It’s a stranger!”

“Don’t be so stupid Hannie! Just answer it!”

 

“Hello?”

“Hangeng-oppa?”

“Korean? Who is this?”

“It’s BoA-ssi.”

“What’s going on?”

“Things in Korea are getting worst now.”

 

“Hannie, is there something wrong?” I saw Chullie peeked at the door and I mouthed that it was BoA.

 

“Worst? What happen back there?” I asked her and I heard her sob.

“Y..Yunho. H-he’s comatose n-now.”

 

 ---

Hello people (:

I know it's been a half year since I've updated this. Now, here i am with chapter 4 first part. Watch out for the B :)