Chapter 3

Diary of his love

 





(Junsu's POV)

 

Yunho-hyung is transferred in more convenient room for his condition. I’m accompanying Jaejoong-hyung who is out of the world. When we are walking towards to the new room, his bad fell down but he didn’t pick it up. Without doubt, I pick it up myself and not give him.

“Su” I heard Chunnie called my name. “You can go home now. I can take care of the rest” I turn around and find his face worried. I sigh and pinch his cheeks.

“I’m fine Chunnie. Go take care of the younger ones. I’ll handle Hyung, Ahjumma and Ji-Hye”

“No Junsu-ah. Me and Karam will take care of Ji-Hye” I followed Changmin’s gaze and saw Ji-Hye is peacefully sleeping in Karam’s hold.

“It’s a very tiring day today for princess” Changmin let out a long breath and Chunnie just nod. I turn my attention to Jaejoong-hyung who is quiescent beside Yunho-hyung, binding his fingers to the unconscious one.

 

 

(3rd Person)

 

Everyone gather around Yunho. Junsu decides to give the Yunho’s bag to Mrs. Jung. She opens the bag and fined Yunho’s Cell phone, wallet and his precious notebook. Even abiding Yunho’s privacy, She unlock her son’s phone. Taking a closer look at his wallpaper to analyze who it is, she gasps. It was his son smiling wrapping his arms around the waist of the person he loves, also smiling.

‘Lord, Let Jaejoong knows that my son loves him all this time. Before you take him away from us’ Mrs. Jung thought and pray. Yunho’s parents only want is the happiness of their son. So when they’ve found out that he likes Jaejoong. Without having a second thought, they felt a relief because they know that with Jaejoong side, Yunho would be happy. Mrs. Jung tears escaped in his eyes while looking at her son’s until she can’t hold it back anymore. She put it inside the bag of Yunho and then a notebook suddenly caught her attention.

‘I believe it was his notebook for 3 years’ Mrs. Jung thought as she open it.

 

 

(Key’s POV)

 

“Minho?” I murmured “Can I go home? I can’t uphold my emotion anymore.” I asked him and his eyes look at me worriedly

“Lemme ask the others if they want to” I just nod and he went to Onew-hyung who’s sitting beside Taemin and Jonggie, I mean Jonghyun-hyung. I saw Minho whispered to Onew-hyung and he do the same with the other two. When all of them nod, Onew-hyung stands up while Minho went beside me. “Hyungnims” Onew-hyung called out for the sunbaes. “We’re going now. It’s already late. You should too”. Junsu-sunbae just nod, same with Yoochun-sunbae who’s staring blankly to Yunho-sunbae. I took a glance to Jaejoong-sunbae who is sleeping beside Yunho-sunbae, holding his hand. Why do I have to see this figure right in front of me? It really hurts to see them.

“Careful” we heard Changmin-sunbae talked. We all just nod and went out the room. No one is talking until we reach the parking lot. I guess it’s not convenient to talk about random things right now since heavy sulked in out hearts.

“Guys” I heard someone break the tension. I raised my head a bit and find Jonghyun-hyung starring at me “I’m going to stay with Sekyung tonight.” He said as he stopped walking. He’s already in his car, becoming possessive, Minho hold my hand tight like he doesn’t want to let go of me.

“Okay. Be safe.” Onew-hyung told him. Jonghyun-hyung went inside his car and start his engine. He opened his window and stared at me again. I felt like my body trembled, am I still attached with him?

“I better be going. Careful guys, Key” I just stared at his dino eyes until he closed his window and drove away.

“Let’s go” Minho whispered. I turn around to look at him and his face shows sadness. He quickly let go of my hand and follow Onew-hyung walking towards his car. What the heck I did? Of course Minho would be ing disappointed of what I have done. I run to him and hold his hand but he shoved it away.

“Minho-ah” I said undertone. He just looked at me and turned his gaze away from me. Mianhae Minho, mianhae.

 

(Karam’s POV)

 

I gently caressed the hair of Ji-Hye and the stain of tears the left on her cheeks. Ahjumma is busy reading while Jaejoong-hyung and Junsu-hyung is sleeping beside with Yunho-hyung. Along with Changmin-ah, Yoochun-hyung is busy taking care about Yunho-hyung’s condition. Just by looking at everyone, it makes me realized that it was a great lost if Yunho-hyung leave us. Hyung, please be okay. Your family needs you. We, your friends need you. Jaejoong-hyung, the one you love needs you. You can’t just go without telling to Jaejoong-hyung how much you love him. I look at to the sleeping princess in my lap and gently trace her cheeks with my index finger. It such a pity if you left them here hyung.

“You are really deep in thought” I raised my head and saw Changmin holding two cup of coffee. He offered me the other one and I gladly take it.

“Thanks” I nod and he smiled. I slowly take a sip while it was still hot. He sat beside me and looked at the sleeping figure in my lap. I sighed and he chuckled with my movement.

“What?” I asked him and he just shook his head. We just stay there for few minutes; quiet afraid that Ji-Hye might woke up.

“She sticks with you all night” Changmin blabbed and touched the pink rose cheeks of Ji-Hye. I looked at to him curiously and he smiled

“It’s because I look like Jaejoong-hyung right?” I mumbled and he stopped tracing the cheeks of Ji-Hye. His fingers form a check sign

“Exactly.” I rolled my eyes and he sipped again at his coffee. I look at to Jaejoong-hyung who’s sleeping beside Yunho-hyung holding his hand.

“I wonder hyung,” I paused a bit and looked to Changmin “How are we going to handle Jaejoong-hyung if Yunho-hyung died? He’s stupid enough not to confess the earlier. Look, Jaejoong-hyung is suffering right now.” Suddenly, he stands up from his seat, curled down his legs and sit in floor facing me. He holds my hand and squeezed it.

“Karam, I know you’re worrying too much like me but I know Yunho-hyung. He’s a strong one. He will be fine. Let’s just wait for his motives and if he shows one, we can hope with that.” He let go of my hand kiss my forehead. He’s right, Hyung is an invincible one. He won’t give up on the things that he wants. He still can’t go now until Jaejoong-hyung realized that Yunho-hyung is inlove with him. Hyung, you heard me right? You can’t leave. Everyone needs you, Jaejoong-hyung needs you. He only needs you.

“Jaejoong-oppa?” I looked down in my lap and smile. I heard Changmin chuckled and I quickly smacked his head.

“Ouch” he whined and pouts. Ji-Hye keeps rubbing her eyes until she looked at me and widened her eyes. “Ohh. Karam-oppa. Mianhae. I thought you are pretty Jae” she stretched up her arms and yawn. When she saw Ahjumma away from her, she quickly stands up and went to her.

“Maybe we should adopt a daughter soon. You are perfect for being a mother.” Changmin-hyung’s arms crept in my arms and pulled me for a hug. I cuddled in his chest and whisper.

“I can’t wait for that hyung. I’ll always want to have one, with you.”

 

(3rd Person)

 

When Ji-Hye saw her mom sitting in the other side, she quickly run to her but Mrs. Jung didn't notice her. Ji-Hye sits beside her mom and looked at the notebook that Mrs. Jung reading. Ji-Hye's eyes widened and gasp. Her mother was startled on how she reacts.

“You know this?” Mrs. Jung showed the notebook as she asked her daughter. Ji-Hye hysterically nods and snatched it in her mom’s hold.

“It is oppa’s diary for 3 years.” Junsu suddenly woke up and saw her auntie and little cousin talking about something. He analyzed the notebook that they’re princess holding to and he gasp.

“Ji-Hye, why you were holding that?” Junsu blurted as he point to the diary that Ji-Hye was holding.

“What should I do with this?” Ji-Hye asked as she cuddled in Junsu lap.

 

(Junsu’s POV)

 

“I don’t know” I told to Ji-Hye and pulled her in hug. I took the notebook away from her hands but she didn’t let go. I saw her scanning the pages and sigh. I guess she knows what’s inside of that since hyung trust her that much, even telling his secrets to her too.

“Oppa, Umma. Look!” Ji-Hye opened widely the last part where there’s a red envelope sticking in. “It was Oppa’s last entry. And inside this envelope is the necklace that I personally choose for Oppa.” She told us happily and keeps looking inside the envelope. It stabbed my heart. He was really about to tell him but God forbids. Why life is so cruel? This is his chance but why they took it away from hyung?

A phone vibration suddenly makes me back to my senses. I took out my phone and saw no one calling to me. But then, I was holding Jaejoong-hyung’s bag and open it to find if his phone is the one that is vibrating. I took it and find it was him. BoA-noona is calling him. I gently wake up Jaejoong-hyung and he scratched his eye.

“Hyung” I wait for hyung to look at me properly. “Noona is calling” He’s eyes widened and quickly aroused from his seat. He excused himself and answered the phone outside the room.

 

 

(3rd Person)

 

“Noona” Jaejoong mutter

Jae, How was Yunho?” Boa swifly asked in the tone that she already knows that things are already worst.

Of course he’s fine noona. He’s a strong one I-I know.” Jaejoong replied in stuttered. He can’t believe in the tone that his noona using.

Jae, mortality is everywhere. Everyone are destined to die. I know it was so early but maybe it’s already time for Yunho to be with God. Let’s just accept that fact. It hurts to accept at first because memories are keeps coming back but sooner or later, you will understand why you have to let go” BoA stated woefully that mocked Jaejoong. Every word his noona said delineated in his mind. He felt like his noona stabs his heart a million times when she said that. ‘Why are you saying this noona? He’s completely fine. How can you say that’ Jaejoong thought and tears keep rolling in his porcelain cheeks

So noona, you are t-telling me t-that he should d-die? Now?” he adjured his sister.

I’m not implying with that Jae, but someday he will. I know that you love him. If there’s a chance that he will be live, we’ll hope for that. But if you find nothing, just let go .” Jaejoong has heard enough. He can’t believe on what his noona saying. Anger rised up and enveloped his heart and mind

He is not going to die Noona. He’s not! Your words are so absurd. I am going to assure you that he’s going to be fine. He is” Jaejoong poured out all of his anger and cried. Everyone inside the room can hear they’re conversation and they we’re disappointed. BoA sighed. She knows that this will going to happen because her brother loves Yunho so much.

Jae, look—“

“No Noona! He will be fine and I knew it!” he cuts her off leaving her sister to hear his sobs. They stay for a couple of minutes like that. BoA is waiting for her brother to stop crying. She knows that she hurts him so much but she knows that Jaejoong should be in his senses. There are no certain things in the world that stay constant. When Jaejoong is done crying, he wiped all of his tears using the back of his hand and resumed talking to his noona.

Noona, mian-“

“It’s okay.”

“I’m really sorry”

“Alright. I have to go now. Take care of yourself okay?”

“Yea Noona. You too.”

“Gotta go”

 

BoA hanged up and Jaejoong stayed outside to control his emotions. Meanwhile, everyone inside the room heard the sobs of Jaejoong outside. Disappointment filled the room and they find it awkward to talk.

“What if my son dies?”

A question that makes everyone surprised and look to the one who ask it. “Ahjumma. You can’t think like this. We must think positive” Junsu went to Mrs. Jung and hugged her. Everyone looked at them sadly and agree on what he said. They all know how Yunho is. He can endure everything. He can do everything. Suddenly the door open and Jaejoong went inside. He looked at to everyone and faked a smile

“Noona called. Sorry”. He quickly went beside Yunho and sit. His eyes are puffy, everyone can hint that he has cried hard during his conversation with his noona but they didn’t dare to ask. Once again, the room filled with ponderous atmosphere. They don’t know what they’ll gonna say so they’d rather shut up.

 

“Can I talk to Jae privately?” Mrs. Jung breaks the tension by asking everyone if they can leave. Everyone nod and left Jaejoong and Mrs. Jung along with Ji-Hye inside the room.

“Jaejoong” Yunho’s mom murmured. She has something to say but can’t find any words to describe what she wants to say. Mrs. Jung sat beside Jaejoong and holds his hand. Sadness fell in Jaejoong’s face. Eventually tears roll down until he can’t hold back anymore. She quickly hugged him and let Jaejoong cry in her arms.

 

 

(Jaejoong’s POV)

As Ahjumma hold my hand, I can’t hold back my tears anymore. I let them fall eventually. She hugged me tight and let me cry at her arms. How can you ruthless Yunnie? How can you leave us? Leave me? Can’t you see Yunnie? I’m longing for you. Please wake up Yun. Wake up.

 

“Go home now Jae.” Ahjumma whispered as she caressing my hair. I looked at her and meet her eyes that are full of sadness. “You look weary already. You can comeback tomorrow since it’s Sunday.” I turn my gaze to Yunho. I can’t leave him with this state. I just can’t. “Ahjumma, I can’t..”

“Jae, please. I don’t want to see you restless” she begged me with those pleading eyes. Ahjumma knows that I can’t resist her just using her dazzling eyes. She hold me hand oh so tight that makes me startled. I look at to her and a tear escape in her eyes.

“Yunho will hate me if he founds you tired because of us.” Ahjumma said undertoned. Don’t make us suffer anymore Yun. Please comeback. We need you.

 

I need you so much more than before.

 

 

(Ji-Hye’s POV)

 

I want to get in between of Umma and Pretty Jae but I know I shouldn’t. There are some things that I shouldn’t interfere with since I’m just a kid. Oppa, when you are going to wake up? You promised me to take at the Amusement Park with Pretty Jae. I want that to happen as soon as possible. And Oppa, I wish you wouldn’t mad of what I will do. This is for your own good oppa. I love you and Pretty Jae so much that’s why I’m going to do this. Don’t be mad oppa. This is for you and for Pretty Jae.

 

 

(3rd Person)

 

The guys outside only looked down as they can hear the sobs inside the room. A tragic event that they didn’t expect will meet Yunho on his way to make that day special since his going to confess already.

“What are we going to do now?” Junsu mumbled. Yoochun went to his side and hold his hand. Karam curled up in his seat while Changmin was just looking at him, woefully.

“They didn’t have any chance to tell that they love each other” Karam added making everyone sigh. Tomorrow is the day. Tomorrow is the start of their life without Yunho on their sight and tomorrow, tomorrow is the start of Jaejoong finding hard to accept the fact that the one he loves is not with him anymore.

 

 

(Onew’s POV)

 

Once we leaved the hospital, I thought the heavy atmosphere will disappear but I was wrong. The mood is heavier right now getting along with heavy feeling that lingers to us. I felt like there is something wrong between Minho and Key. No one is talking until we reach the dorm. The four of us separated our ways since I shared room with Taemin while both of them shared one room.

“Hyung. What’s wrong with them?” He cuddled my arms and pout. I sighed and stop walking. I immediately pulled him into hug and kiss his forehead. “They are grown ups already Taem. Don’t worry. They can settle everything on their own. Right now, we just have to focus to Jaejoong-hyung. He needs us.” I told him and smiled brightly.

“I hope so” he said and pouts. I smiled and decide to .

“Taemin-ah” I gently whisper in his ears and blew some air. I felt that he shivered and I continued talking.

“Don’t pout. You know that I can’t resist you.” I let go of him and pinch his cheeks. We walked again until we’ve reached our room. When I’m about to close the door, he kicked the door and wrapped his arms around me. He smirked and moved his face closer to mine.

“I know I’m irresistible. Well, I don’t mind what you want to do to me just a couple of minutes ago.” I chuckled and flashed a smile. I slowly cupped his face and touch his soft, red lips. Slowly, I lean to him until I met his lips and claimed it as mine. He closed his eyes feeling my lips already in his. I moved my lips and find him enjoying until I let my tongue to go inside his mouth and he gladly accept it. Seconds turns into minutes and here we are, enjoying every detail of the passionate kiss that brings us in heaven.

 

 

(Minho’s POV)

 

I didn’t talk to Key after the jealousy that I’ve felt between him and Jonghyun-hyung. When we’ve reached our room, I open my rack and find some clothes. I quickly went inside the bathroom so I can avoid any conversation with him. Even though I’m still fully clothed, I open the shower and wet myself. A flashback of Jonghyun-hyung and Key together are occupying mind.

Damn you Choi Minho. Key is already yours and for god sake Jonghyun-hyung has Sekyunng-noona already. Why do I feel like he was going to take back Key from me? You are so stupid Minho. You really are. I closed the shower and removed the wet clothes that I’m wearing. I cleaned myself and when I’m already finished, I went to the door and open it. I find him standing and waiting for me to come out. He was about to say something when I completely ignore him.

Please Key, no.

(3rd person)

 

Key takes a bath and after a few minutes he went out and find Minho sleeping already.

‘Why he won’t let go? I’m completely his’ Key thought as he passed to Minho. He knows that he’s pretending to be asleep.

Key sit in the edge of Minho’s bed. He just stared at him hoping that his guy will look back. Minho is uncomfortable with Key staring at him but trying to be hard-headed, he doesn’t want to give a damn. Sob can hear inside the room and eventually it’s getting louder and louder. Key doesn’t know what to do so he just cried hoping that Minho will find him hurting. He loves Minho so much and he doesn’t want anyone to ruin the happiness that he have, even Jonghyun.

As the sobs become louder, Minho is having a hard time ignoring his lover’s sob. ‘Why is he crying? I should be the one to cry right now’ he thought, enduring the pain that he’s feeling.

Finally, Minho can’t take it any longer. He faced Key and and his heart crashed into pieces. Key is crying non-stop while hugging all the stuffs that Minho gave him. He quickly gets up and hugged Key with all of his might. Key who can’t control his emotion cried even more making Minho’s sleeves wet. Minho raised Key’s head and wiped away the tears.

“Mianhae Minho-yah. Mianhae.” Key keeps mumbling in between his sobs making Minho guilty. He kissed Key’s forehead, eyes and nose. He glued his forehead to Key’s and looked deeply in his eyes “Sssshh. Stop now Key” Minho cupped Key’s face to make him look at him directly.

“I’m the stupid one here. Mianhae.” Key trying to stop himself that makes him look like his doing weird faces, Minho chuckled.

“You are not mad at me anymore?” Key asked and Minho leaned to him and kissed him. He pulled out Key from the kiss and smiled

“Why should I?” Minho asked and cuddled Key all night.

 

“I love you Minho"

“I love you more than anyone can do, Key”

 

 

 

(at the hospital)

(3rd person)

 

The private talk was filled of memories and tears. Mrs. Jung telling a lot of things about Yunho that Jaejoong still doesn’t know. Whenever she tells one memory, Mrs. Jung ends up crying after telling. Jaejoong who is beside her can only weep.

After the private talk, Jaejoong bids goodbye to Mrs. Jung and Ji-Hye. He open the door and saw Yoochun staring blankly at the window. He coughed so he can get the attention of the four.

“You already leaving, hyung?” Junsu asked as he walked towards to Jaejoong. They all look at to him and he nod. All of them hugged him and about to bid goodbye when Jaejoong turn his back and saw Ji-Hye tugging his shirt. He raised Ji-Hye’s chin up and brush his nose against to her just like what he do everytime he’s with her.

“Oppa, I want to give you something.” The princess whispered bringing Jaejoong to be curious about it. Ji-Hye hand him a notebook. The four guys who are looking them widened their eyes as they saw the notebook. They all know it was Yunho’s diary …except to him. Jaejoong looked at the four and the notebook curiously. When he was about to take it, he notice that Ji-Hye is being possessive with the notebook. He just sighed and patted her head.

“Ji-Hye, don’t give it if you are still having second thoughts.” Yoochun approached Ji-Hye and rotate her body to face him. She looks at to Yoochun like she was about to cry.

“Yoochun-oppa, you know that I have to give this.” She showed the notebook to him and he just sighed. He took the notebook from her and opens it to last entry of Yunho.

“Do you think it will be the best idea?” he showed to her the last entry and closed it. Ji-Hye looked to Jaejoong and look back to Yoochun.

“Yes, it was” she replied surely. Jaejoong eyeing everyone hoping to know what’s going but everyone avoiding his gaze, no intentions to tell anything to him.

“Hyung” Yoochun shoved to him the notebook that Ji-Hye’s being possessive about and he refused.

“I’m not going to take it. Bye” he turned his back and walked, leaving. Junsu and Karam run to him and stop him.

“What?” irritated Jaejoong asked making Ji-Hye stiff.

“O-oppa. Please get it” the princess stuttered and reaches the notebook to Jaejoong, shaking. Feeling pity of Ji-Hye, Jaejoong took the notebook and put it inside his bag.

Ji-Hye is noticeable shaking, afraid of Jaejoong. He opened his arms wide and smiled

“Princess come here” the little girl didn’t move an inch making Jaejoong worried if he really scared hella out of her.  He noticed that Karam sit beside me and smiled.

“Come here” he asked Ji-Hye and he saw her running towards to him. Changmin wants to laugh like hell when Ji-Hye ignored him.

“Oh god hyung. Ji-Hye deceives you!” Changmin teased Jaejoong and laugh earning a glare from him.

“Shut the up Stupid Changmin” Jaejoong told him and everyone eyed me.

“Hyung, there’s a kid here” Junsu hit him and point Ji-Hye who’s hugging Karam.

“Princess” he heard Karam speaked. "Jaejoong-oppa maybe is not in the mood so don’t be hard-headed. Go to him. Ppali” Karam gently pushed Ji-Hye to Jaejoong and succeed.

She hold Jaejoong’s hand tight and cuddled me “Oppa, mianhae”

“No” he pouts. Just like the old times when he was teasing her.

“Please?” she looked at him with those begging almond eyes that looks exactly like Yunho. And then a lot of memories are flashing in my mind. The pleaded eyes of Ji-Hye are the same eyes that Yunho using when he upsets Jaejoong.

‘Why do all of these memories occur now?’ Jaejoong asked himself ‘Why does it hurt so much? Why does it have to be like this?’.

Jaejoong’s sight is getting blurry and everyone gather beside him, trying their best to comfort him. Jaejoong keeps recalling everything they had. Him and Yunho along with Changmin, Junsu and Yoochun laughing altogether and having fun. He can’t help but to cry. All he can do is to cry. Cry with all of his heart.

 

Why does it have to be Yunho? Why?’ he keep asking himself.