He asks me for a dance.

A new beginning

As I stood by the balcony overlooking the mountains and the starry night, I sighed. I am bored. Weird right? Normal people would think that I must be out of my mind or socially awkward to think that this mega huge masquerade summer ball is boring. This night has been horrible. After entering the ballroom, I was invited to dance to a waltz and minuet. At first I thought it was rather pleasurable to be asked, not until I found out that the men were worse in dancing than me! Gah. At least Minji is having a good time. I hugged myself tightly and stared at the stars. “Oh, stars,” I murmured softly. “If you really do grant wishes, please do grant mine,” I begged softly.” Wow, what a shocker,” someone exclaimed from behind. I stood frozen and dare not turn back. ” My, my. One would think a lady to whisper such words are either a damsel in distress or a little insane,” the voice continued with a chuckle. I frowned and fumed,” Is there a problem, sir?” “No, not at all. I’m afraid you’re the one with the problem,” he replied laughing softly. That’s it. He just triggered my sanity. I turned around to give a cocky reply but I found myself speechless. Before me, stood the man of my dreams. “No way,” I uttered under my breath and shook my head. He cocked his head slightly and arched his eyebrows. “Guess I’m right. So which are you ma’am? The one in distress or the one which lost sanity?” he asked with humor. I glared at him. No way. The man in my dreams wouldn’t be this insufferable! ” I see you have lost your will to speak,” he smirked. ” No, I have certainly not lost my will to speak,” I said holding my head high. He laughed, “Finally the maiden replies. Now tell me, what could have possibly caused a maiden to lose her sanity and make her so mentally depressed until she starts talking to stars?” I growled and replied, “ Nothing. I’m perfectly fine.” “You don’t sound fine,” he said, grinning widely. I sighed again. This is no use. “You sigh a lot,” he commented softly. I looked up at him feeling bewildered. I didn’t expect him to notice such a small detail in such a short time. ” I think I might understand your distress. So please, feel free to talk,” he smiled and gazed at the stars. My mouth parted slightly. I didn’t expect that this insufferable guy might be the one that I could confide to. I smiled a little and started to assess him. He had wild, untamed dark hair which gave him a seductive look. His body was well-built, not too bulky and not too lanky either. He stood straight and tall with a sense of authority. He had the most amazing pair of eyes that seemed to stare right through my soul. He has a perfect jawline, I thought as I swiftly swept eyes over his face but I found myself stopping at the sight of his lips. His lips were perfectly curved and I bet, would taste heavenly. My lips started to linger. I bit my lip hardly and snapped back to reality when I felt his elbow gently nudging me. ” Are you alright?” he asked, furrowing his eyebrows. “Yeah, I’m fine. Why do you ask?” I drawled. He smiled and replied, “It’s just that, your face turned beet red a few minutes ago when you were assessing my lips.” I gaped at him and quickly turned my head to the other direction. “I-I don’t know what you are talking about,” I stammered. He looks so familiar. Could he be the guy I met just now..? “Oh, really?” he probed cheekily. I nodded, feeling extremely humiliated. Probably not. The guy just now was much nicer. When I felt the flames on my cheeks slowly died down, I turned and faced him again. “Dancing,” I said. “What?” he asked giving a very cute surprised expression. Now this expression certainly looks familiar.  “Dancing,” I repeated.  “Yes, I’m fully aware that you said that but what about it?” he asked impatiently.  “You asked me what my problem was so I replied you,” I replied matter-of-factly. He gave me a crooked smile and said, “Ah. It must be the terrible men that you danced with tonight.” I rolled my eyes. Finally, someone who understood. “You have no idea,” I whispered. He laughed and his eyes shone brightly, “Did they have mercy on your toes?” “None at all!” I exclaimed with a fake sob and we both fell into laughter. He then offered me his hand. I cocked my head to the side and gave him a questioning expression. “C’mon, let’s dance,” he said gesturing at his hand. “Whoa, no way. I have more than enough for today,” I said backing away. He grinned and pulled me back, “Give me a chance. I’m not that bad.” Gazing into his eyes which were full of mirth, I can’t help but feel a little excited. “Okay, but don’t disappoint me,” I said wagging my finger at him. He chuckled and pulled me against him tight. He whispered in my ear, “Don’t worry, this will be the one dance that you will never forget.”