I'm attending a ball?

A new beginning

 After washing up, I drew a long breath and stared at my reflection on the mirror. I sighed deeply and soon was lost in thought.  These few days in New England have been wonderful, but I can’t help but think that all this fun is bound to end. I wish things could work out more easily.  Studying have been stressful, friendships have been strained, I couldn’t even think right anymore. Plus about that guy just now, I really wished I had said something much better than,” What about the horse”. I groaned. God, he must have thought that I was insane. You know what I really need right now? A wish. Yes, just one simple wish might actually heal my wounds and free my stress. “(Y/N), are you ready yet?” yelled Minji from inside my bedroom. “Ready for what?” I asked. “The ball, duh.” God no, I slapped my forehead hardly. Ow. I totally forgot about the ball! “Um,Minji. Please don’t be mad at me but..” I stuttered. “Ugh, you forgot about it didn’t you?” she said and I could feel her rolling her eyes. “Well, good thing you have a friend like me! Come on out! I bought you a magnificent dress and I bet you will absolutely love it!” she said gleefully.  I sighed. Alright, here it goes. I stepped out of my bathroom and stood there frozen on the spot. Now that is a hot dress.