On the way to the ball

A new beginning

After we settled in the carriage, Minji started to talk about the ball. “It’s going to be so much fun! We’re going to have the best time of our lives! Did you bring your camera? No? No worries, I brought mine. Oh! We’re going to meet some hot bachelors there too. Maybe you can meet your special someone!” she finished off wiggling her eyebrows at me. “Yeah, I guess so,” I replied uncharacteristically.  “What’s wrong with you? Why are you being so gloomy and down? You were so excited about it like five minutes ago.  Haven’t we both agreed to take full advantage of this summer to cool off? Have you even been listening to a word that I just said?” she growled and snapped her fingers in my face. I blinked several times and said,” Yeah, yeah I have. I’m just thinking about the ball.” Hearing my answer she must have been satisfied because she smiled and continued where she left off,” I knew you were interested! Now, where was I…?”  I looked out to a distance and sighed moodily. The dress was magnificent but I seriously at dancing and no doubt that I’m going to embarrass myself later. That is not even the top of my problems, after hearing what Minji said about the dashing bachelors that are going to be attending seriously caught my attention. I wonder if he will be there too. Mr. sorry-I-threw-a-stick-on-you-head. However, I’m pretty sure that I’m not going to meet him there but I can’t help but feel a surge of hope, wishing he would show up. I never believed in miracles, until that night.