It's summer time!

A new beginning

I stared at the worksheet, with my mouth hanging open and my head stinging. God. What is the teacher thinking? I groaned in frustration and banged my head on the table. “There’s the backside too you know,” Minji reminded me. . I quickly turned to the backside only to see it full of words from top till bottom. This is going to be a horrible summer. “Remember class, summer break is starting tomorrow and I wish to see this worksheet filled with answers once class reopens okay? Happy holidays and class dismissed,” said Mrs. Lisanna. Happy holidays? How does she expect me to have a happy holiday with this stack of worksheets?  Oh god. “Well, finally its summer break! Are you guys going anywhere?” asked Cyn. “I’ll be heading off to Australia,” said Joey excitedly. “Oh, take me with you!!” pleaded Liza. “Oh please, what makes you think that she’ll take you? It’s obvious that if she were to pick someone to go with she would obviously pick me,” sauntered Minji. Liza grumbled and picked up her bag, leaving immediately after that. “Gosh, what’s with her?” asked Cyn. “Don’t know. Beats me,” shrugged Minji.  Zing suddenly piped up and asks,” Where are you going during the summer break (Y/N)?” “Umm..umm. I don’t know. Nothing’s confirmed yet.  So, I’m not sure,” I replied. “What do you mean you’re not sure? Did you forget about the trip to the countryside, (Y/N)?” asked Minji. “Oh right! I can’t wait! Do you think it’ll be fun?” I probed. I don’t want to be a spoilsport or anything but if the summer , I would really be bummed out. “Don’t worry (Y/N). I promise it will be loads of fun,” winked Minji. And so it was.