Chapter Four

Begin Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(After many unofficial dates later...)

Before you knew it, you got more and more comfortable with Luhan and his wild tricks he always did on you. Sometimes, you'll just pretend dumb to let him get what he wanted but sometimes, he just takes you by complete surprise. However, you never let your guards down. You tried to erect a higher wall than before to your heart because you knew that he was starting to make you fall for him. You hated to admit it, but his plan was wroking. You neither liked or hated it. You didn't know what you even felt about him. 

Meanwhile, Chanyeol was successful with courting Soomi. Your guess was right- she did like Chanyeol back. Now, during lunch or any free periods any of you had, you were always together. People would sometimes call both of you the three musketeers or sometimes call Chanyeol the thorns among the roses. You could see their efforts to not let you feel like a third wheel which you thought was really nice of them. However, you would rather to be left alone than to go with them. It just reminded you how y your fate with love had been. 

You didn't like how Luhan was starting to give you high hopes. In fact, in was starting to scare you a bit. You were constantly getting paranoid whenever Luhan crosses your mind. Thoughts like he's definitely worth it and he'll just break you kept blaring in your mind like a siren's wail. It was driving you insane. However, when you get to see him, all thoughts go away and all you ever do whenever you're with him was to smile and laugh crazily. During rare occassions, he would sometimes be in no mood to talk which puts you in a bad mood too. It was like he was starting to control you. When he smiles, you smile. When he's sad, you're sad too. You didn't like any single bit of this. You didn't like your emotions to be controlled by a person.

After your university lectures that day, you wanted to surprise Luhan by visiting him in his apartment. He should be home since he had no lectures already. You held on the straps of your bagpack as the lift ascended to the top floor. You walked towards his door and was about to knock on his door but it swung open. You were greeted by a female areound the same age as you with the same height, puckered lips and big eyes. She stood back, surprised by you.

"Wow," you thought, "She's beautiful."

She bowed and gave her apologies. She waved back to Luhan and just like that she left. You stood outside his apartment, mouth ajar. He never mentioned any friends that described her. Never. You gulped as you contemplated on going inside or just to leave. Not wanting to look like a jealous girlfriend, you stepped inside his apartment in silence. You didn't ask about her and he seemed like he wasn't gonna talk about it anytime soon. He sat beisde you in the couch and started to chat with you as if there wasn't a girl that just left his freaking apartment. 

You kept a smile plastered to your face the whole time, acting as if there wasn't a constant ache and curiousity lingering inside your body. You refused to be jealous because that would only mean one thing- you were starting to fall for him. As time passed, everything went in a haze, pretending to be listening to him. The longer he didn't say who the girl was, the harder the pain in your chest became. 

"You're quiet today," he stated.

"Chanyeol said the same thing," you lied, "I'm just tired. I lacked of sleep these past few days."

He bit his lips guilitily and apologised, "I'm sorry for texting until so late at night."

You made a gesture to say that it wasn't that. 

"No! That's okay."

You gave a reassuring smile and patted his shoulders. You decided to finally go home so you stood up and started towards the door. Luhan didn't say anything or do anything at all. Usually, he would trick you to make his lips touch yours but you saw no efforts. Sighing, you rearranged the straps of your bags before saying goodbye. He just gave a brief smile and closed the door. 

===

Weeks passed which felt like years to you. It was due to the lack of Luhan's mischievious attempts of making him fall for you. However, the more he didn't try, the faster you started to fall for him. You realised how much you miss the feeling of his soft hands to yours or how his warm lips carress yours. Everyday started to become duller than before. Chanyeol would ask what was wrong but you smiled and said you were just tired. That was your usual excuse which wasn't a total lie. Dark circles are visible around your eyes which was due to the wait for Luhan's text messages at night which never came anymore. Even though you knew nothing would come, you tried to stay awake as late as possible, staring at your screen like a fool. Sometimes, tears would escape your eyes as you lied on your bed, thinking how stupid you must have looked. 

You already expected this would happened so you didn't know why the lack of Luhan's presence was killing you to bits. Every conversation you had with him in real life became shorter and goodbyes became silent. Sometimes, he'll just go without any reason. You'll just look at him as he walked with a pained expression. Suppressing tears had never become so difficult in your life but ever since Luhan started to meddle with your wall, everyth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter