Struggling

☆╮Wish Upon a Star

chapter seven; 

                  struggling

 

page-divider-105.gif

 
» 10:00 p.m.:

 

» yoo ara's pov;

 

 

 

"Noona, (a / n;   Sis) is this one okay?" Eun Jo questioned, picking up a bag that I frequently used. I coughed and sniffed my nose. It's the middle of the winter and you do this to me, Appa... "No. Don't get that one. Pick all of the things that have designer brands on them."
 

 

"Kids, get your backpacks and get the things that are most important to you. Not stupid, useless things. Like a blanket." Seung Jo let out with a gaze that darted around to every one of us. I blew on my bangs frustratedly while searching for anything that was expensive-looking. My siblings did the same thing while sniffling; but this time, not because they were crying. It was because we're all going to get sick.
 

 

I bit my lip and let out a sigh, remembering all of the money spent on useless multiple designer bags that I collected. Ahjussi (a / n;   the man) threw down the sparkling blue shoes that I recently bought from the store.
 
 
"You can't sell it back to us anymore."
 
 
"Wae? (a / n;   why?) You sold me this and it was only a couple of weeks ago."
 
 
 
 
"But we don't have these items in stock anymore. And besides, we quit selling these items because it made our image look bad." he complained in irritation, looking at my things like they were garbage. Don't do this to me. "Ahjussi, please take them. I'll even let you pay only half of the original price." I pleaded in desperation.
 
 
He cursed under his breath and said, "No, how many times do I have to tell you?! Leave."
 
 
My eyes widened in outrage and I plunged towards him, grabbing his collar roughly. "I have these kids with me. And right now, I'm not afraid of anything. If you don't want to see all of us kneeling down, then I suggest that you buy at least one of them." He snapped his head up to look at me in shock and I gave him a glare so deathly that even the devil himself coulnd't compete with it. How do you think I'll survive if I just said "okay"? I'm not okay with it and I'll do anything to make up for the mistake I made.
 

 

 
 
We left the store and I sighed in relief. "Noona! You were so scary!" Eun Jo exclaimed, clapping his hands together.
 
"We'll be able to survive because we have money!" Min Ji beamed, her body filling up with energy.
 
I nodded my head and managed to fake a smile. "Geokjeong hajima... (a / n;   Don't worry) I will raise you guys to be good people and take care of you." I'll...take full responsibility for you guys. We walked together towards the direction of the populated city with more courage while I counted the money I was given and puffed my cheeks out in exhaustion. "This can only let us last a week..." I mumbled quietly to myself.
 

 

 

"Let's find a hotel first so we can leave our stuff in there and then eat, okay?" I tried to reassure them as I patted Seung Jo and Min Ji's backs, who were both next to me. They nodded their heads as they said, "Uh. (a / n;   Yeah)"
 
"That's a good idea. I think our poor Min Ah is hungry, too. She's been pretty quiet this whole day." Eun Jo commented, jumping in front of Seung Jo, who was holding her in her baby carriage. He patted her back while walking backwards and ran back to his position next to Yoo Ri.
 
We ran into the first hotel and knocked on the glass window to get the employee's attention. She slid the glass to the side with boredom. "Do you have another room?" She glanced up at me and exchanged looks with each of the kids, one-by-one. They had innocent smiles plastered on their faces that came with big puppy eyes. opened in surprise and she shook her head in alarm.
 

 

"No we don't." Hul! (a / n;   EHuh!) Is it because she saw Min Ah?
 
"Unnie, (a / n;   Sis) why don't you show her your scary super powers?" Yoo Ri spoke up, pulling onto my sleeve. I chuckled as I brushed some strands of her hair back behind her ear. "Gwenchana... (a / n;   It's okay) We can try other hotels."
 
She nodded her head once and answered flatly, "Uh. (a / n;   Okay)" We walked around the streets for an hour, digging our necks into our scarves and clenching our fists inside of our pockets as the cold wind blew against our thick jackets. "Noona, can we go eat first? I'm starving!" Seung Jo whined as he looked down at his stomach. I sighed and nodded sadly.
 
"Uh. (a / n;   Yeah) Let's go eat and continue to look for a place later."
 
"Arraso," he replied with relief. We strolled to a supermarket that was closest to us. There were many people who entered and exited the building constantly, carrying grocery bags and pushing carts in different directions. "Oh? Unnie, (a / n;   Sister) why did we come to the supermarket? I thought we were going to a restaurant to eat." Min Ji spoke up, pointing at the supermarket. I stopped in my tracks and looked at her. "Mian...Let's try to save as much money as we can," I said. Yoo Ri scratched her head in confusion.
 
 
"But what does that have to do with eating?"
 
 
I rubbed her head as we continued walking closer to the supermarket.
 
 
"...We're going to eat the free samples."
 
 
I felt like I singlehandedly placed burdens upon all of their shoulders. Even if they didn't understand, it felt like they were suffering. Because of me.
 

 

They nodded their heads and Eun Jo suddenly ran while shouting, "Yaaaay! Food!" He sprung his arms out, making an airplane, and ran towards the entrance. Unfortunately, in the middle of his adventure, he ran into a man that wore a black coat with a scarf that wrapped around his neck. It covered half of his face. He dropped the groceries he'd been supporting with his arm and it all fell to the ground. "Oh?" Eun Jo gasped in surprise as he turned around to see the man gather his things on the floor. Min Ji shook her head as she snickered: "Tsk, tsk, tsk." Our feet automatically transported us to the scene and we helped him pick up his stuff, along with Eun Jo.
 

 

 
"Ahjussi, (a / n;   Sir) jwesonghamnida! (a / n;   I'm sorry)" Eun Jo apologized. As I was picking up his stuff, I tried to scrutinize his facial features; but he always seemed to hide them under his scarf and avoid eye contact. "Ahjussi, (a / n;   Sir) please don't sue us! He didn't mean to!" Yoo Ri blurted. The male chuckled and his eyes became kind as he heard her say that.
 
"Gwenchana. (a / n;   It's okay)" he said in a low voice.
 
Seung Jo suddenly panicked and repeated, "Jwesonghamnida, jwesonghamnida (a / n;   I'm sorry)!" But the guy just nodded his head in reassurance and a natural laugh could be heard behind his gray, knitted scarf. It wasn't as low as the first one, but it sounded very familiar. Was he a classmate?
 

 

 

 
"Keundae (a / n;   But) Unnie, (a / n;   Sis) after we're done eating here, where will we go sleep? All of the hotels didn't want to accept us..." Min Ji muttered in annoyance. She shuffled around and picked up his items that fell and stuffed them into the plastic bag. The man blinked in surprise as he heard Min Ji say it to me in front of him like he wasn't even there. "Eating?" he asked, confused with his voice muffled from the scarf. He softened and his shoulders that were once tense began to relax, pushing back into a comfortable position. Seung Jo suddenly laughed nervously and used his knuckles to rub her head. "Ha. Ha. Ha. Min Ji, you're too funny." he said.
 

 

 

 "Ooow!!! Oppa! That hurts!" she barked, pushing his hand away from her head. Seung Jo bit his lip and gave her a you-know-what-I'm-going-to-do-to-you-after-this-man-leaves look. I stopped picking up the man's stuff and gave them a death glare. Man, so this is what it feels like. "Yah!" I suddenly screamed, causing the man to jump in shock. 
 

 

 
I giggled and turned my head to look back at the vegetables and a few cans on the floor; but I couldn't help but notice the man staring at me, speechless. It might've been because I shouted too loudly. I tried to laugh it out, but it sounded a little awkward and it made me look more like a fool. But what can I do? I'm only sixteen and I have to deal with these kids on my own. He quickly looked away in alarm and picked up his things before bolting up from his squatting position. We stood up with him and bowed at the same time he did. He clenched his fists together while holding the bag and swiftly rushed away in the opposite direction. 
 

 

 

 
We shrugged our shoulders in puzzlement. Why did he suddenly have to leave so quickly? "There's something fishy about that man..." Yoo Ri commented, moving her hand up and down to her imaginary beard while turning around and examining him. Not too long after she said that, he stopped in his tracks and turned around to look at us, even with our backs facing him. "Minwoo-ah! MINWOO!!!" A guy from the store dashed out, calling a name. Don't even think about it. Minwoo is a common name in Korea. Chill, Yoo Ara. Chill. The guy slipped off his sunglasses and scanned everything outside, trying to find this "Minwoo". Tell me why is Lee Jeongmin standing in front of me right now. (a / n;   LOL I bet you guys are like "Surprise. Surprise.")

 

page-divider-105.gif

 

 

 

 AUTHOR'S NOTES;

Hello my y ninjas! How have you been this great Saturday? I just wanted to keep you guys updated on this short chapter, but don't worry! There will be another one up tomorrow. ;) Or will there be? But sorry for the y chapter today guysssss. I hope you're still looking forward to more? xoxo

P.S. WHY THE LONG WAIT FOR THE COMEBACK, BOYFRIEND!?! Jk. But seriously. We're all waiting patiently for you!! ^^

-Jenny

 

CO-AUTHOR'S NOTES; 

Vat up, readers? What kinds of stuff would you like to see in Boyfriend's comeback video (if it ever comes out)? Anyway, thanks for listening and hope you enjoy the chapter. There's more to come.
 
-Cass
 
 
 
GIFS;
 
Thank you all so much for the support like always! Mwah! I'll see you guys real soon<3
tumblr_lzitgvQG1k1r8wac1o3_400.gif
tumblr_mhl0wt0usS1rqd5g9o1_500.gif
tumblr_mvjgl3Sydz1rmoi96o1_500.gif
 
 
Please don't leave me because of my schedule (/□\*)・゜
tumblr_inline_mwceqpzMAP1r3m0eh.gif
tumblr_mnnv9cQHOM1r8wac1o2_r1_250.gif