Audition

☆╮Wish Upon a Star

chapter five; 

                  audition

 

page-divider-105.gif

 
» 7:00 a.m.:

 

» youngmin's pov;

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

"Yah. Yah. Yah. Yah. Yah. Yah. Wake up!" Kwangmin constantly nagged in my ear, pulling a blanket away from my body. The cool breeze in our house blew onto my warm skin and I shivered. "Aish...(a/n;   Dang...) Chinjja... (a/n;   Really...) Five more minutes..." I grumbled in annoyance. My eyes were glued shut until I managed to squint them in the most charismatic way. Hey. Don't look at me like that. I can't control my charismatic-ness. I drifted my eyes from the clock to the blanket that Kwangmin just stole from me. A smile spread across his face and I sat up, clicking my tongue before pulling it back towards me with my body automatically sinking back into the soft mattress.

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I could feel Kwangmin roll his eyes as he continued his never-ending speech. "Aren't you excited to see best friends audition just for us today? And besides, there is a chance that we could find our ideal girl!" Kwangmin joked, trying to push my last button. "Leave. Me. Alone. For. Five. Minutes! JE. BAL!" (a / n;   Please!) I groaned exasperatedly. "Arraso. Arraso! (a/n;   Alright. Alright!) Calm down, Mr. Grumpy," Kwangmin muttered, throwing his hands up with his palms out and facing me to confirm that he'd surrendered.

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Kwangmin jumped off of my bed and cockily walked over to our door. "Looks like someone's on his period today..." he murmured with a teasing grin that spread across his lips. The moment I heard that pabo (a/n;   fool), I reached for an extra pillow beside me and threw it toward the direction he was in. Luckily for him, he dodged it by dashing outside of the room and shutting the door, using it as a shield. The pillow hit the door with a thud and toppled down to its doom: the floor. He was lucky that he left...If he didn't, I would have entered Super Saiyan mode. Kwangmin howled in laughter on purpose outside and sped off to wherever the other members were gathered. (a/n;   Looks like Youngmin's not a morning person c; hehe)

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
I whimpered and adjusted my position on the bed, stretching my body before trying to go back to sleep. And, to my surprise, the maknae came rushing in. Jumping up and down on my bed, he exclaimed, "YOUNGMIN-AH. DONGHYUN TOLD ME TO TELL YOU TO WAKE UP! PALLI! (a/n;   HURRY UP!) WE NEED TO GET PREPARED NOOOW!"
 
"FINE. Just get out of my room and I'll be downstairs in five minutes!!" I complained with my voice still hoarse from tiredness. Minwoo rushed out of my room and trolled down exactly like Kwangmin did a few minutes ago. I rolled out of my bed lazily and dragged my feet to my bathroom outside of our (a/n;   Kwangmin and Youngmin share a room in their house) room. The sound of the members echoed through the house as they were discussing the topic of the audition today. I closed the bathroom door behind me and automatically checked my hair in the mirror. This will be a long day...

 

 

» 12 hours later:

 

 
 
» yoo ara's pov;

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My siblings lined up next to the couch while I was standing next to my parents. "Min Ah has a fever, so check her temperature every hour," my mom reminded me, not knowing what was going on in my head. "Rub her down with this ointment before giving her medicine, too." I made a face and complained, "Why can't you take Min Ah with you?" Mom shot me a look and retorted, "You want a beating before we leave?" She raised the back of her hand towards my face jokingly. I pouted and groaned at how loud she was speaking like always. Dad smiled and spoke up softly, "We never usually go out, but I want to take your mom somewhere...just for today."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I lethargically waved my hand, indicating that I was dismissing them because I felt a little guilty. "Arraso..." (a / n;   Alright...) Mom pointed a death finger at me and shifted it to Seung Jo. "Make sure you keep an eye on your sister. Call us if she tries to go out." He nodded and lifted his hand to his forehead and saluted her like soldiers would do. "Yes ma'am!"
"Good, Your dad and I are going to leave now, you kids behave!" Mom reminded us with her voice sharp. I exhaled in exasperation. "Ne Eomma..." (a / n;   Yes Mom...) we answered in unison. We all attacked them with a group hug before they reminded us  of the rules once again and left the house.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
» Not too long after that...
 
 
 
» seung jo's pov;

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I held onto my stomach in pain and blew my bangs out of my face. "Where the heck is Yoo Ara!? Why is Min Ah crying?" I hissed, planting my hands on my hips. Min Ah should be an opera singer or a lawyer... She never loses her breath. I quickly flushed the toilet and stumbled out of the bathroom towards the living room. (a/n;   Ahaha! What's up with this family and their diarrhea problem!? LOL) My eyes widened and my mouth hung open in horror as I took a second to capture the horrible image in front of me. There it was. Yoo Ri sleeping on top of Min Ji's stomach and Eun Jo sleeping soundly beside them on the floor while Min Ah was on the other side of the coffee table screeching like it was the first time she saw a dead person. "... YOO ARA!" I huffed, balling my hands into fists.
 
 

 

 
 
» yoo ara's pov;

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My feet decided to take control of my body and I unconsciously found myself in the streets of Seoul, Korea, at 11:00 p.m. What are you thinking Yoo Ara...? You're going to be dead. I shook my head. Come on, it's just this one time, what if I ACTUALLY make it?! My feet subconsciously marched in the direction of the COEX Mall without me inputing any specific direction. I tried to comfort myself by lifting a fist up and smiling sheepishly. "Fighting," I whispered. Karma decided this was the perfect time to test my luck. The Big Guy in charge of Heaven above decided to pry open the sky and let out a little drizzle of rain. Oh, hey. This isn't so bad....
 
Or so I thought. 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Yep. Karma slapped me pretty hard. I rested my frozen hand on my soaking wet knees and panted, trying to catch my breath. What exercise... This is even more than what we had to do before I had detention on Friday. I reached to touch my chest where I felt my beating heart knocking around inside of my rib cage and against my bones. Why did those meteorologists lie to me about the weather? I clung onto the door handle and pulled it open, revealing how empty it was inside of the mall. Whoa. Don't tell me Karma set me up on a date with the Grudge here, too? I wandered around trying to find clues for the existence of this so-called dance competition. Was it just in my head? My movements caused drops of water to fall down from my drenched clothes and skin, creating a small puddle on the floor. With one step, another drip of water joined the rest of its relatives and created a plopping sound that echoed throughout the hallway. Suddenly, I heard girls cheering and clapping behind brown double doors to my left. Balloons rimmed the outside of them, covering the length of each side except for that of the floor and framing the threshold.
 
stella_double-door-800x1200.jpg
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I ambled over to the door, trembling with my heart jumping wildly. I wasn't sure if I was trembling due to the coldness or the nervousness. Maybe both. And my heart... Was it anxious? Or was it the exercise? My hand extended out to the door handle and pulled down on it. Time slowed down, and all I could feel was the world revolving around me. As I opened the door, the small whispers of the fan girls faded and the sound of Donghyun's voice echoed in the room instead. "Okay, attention please!" Donghyun announced into the microphone. The rest of the Boyfriend members were beside him, smiling sweetly and holding onto their microphones. I slipped inside inaudibly and closed the door steadily, only to hear it make a small "click" noise. "Whew..." I breathed out in relief. I walked backwards and stared at the door, making sure it didn't do anything to expose my identity to the small population in the room. 
 
 

 

 

 

 
 
 
 
I placed my hand over my heart, which was still pounding violently. I stumbled backwards, tripping over my own foot. I used my hand to grab the most convenient form of support to gain my balance again. And, to my astonishment, the closest object that was in my reach was a chair. I clutched onto it for dear life and tragically, I fell, knocking over the other chairs that were near it. No. This isn't happening. Kill me now. (a/n;   HAHAHA What a lose- Just kidding... That happened to me before (ಥ ̯ ಥ)   I felt all of the pairs of eyes concentrating on me as I sat up, rubbing my head. I hadn't been paying too much attention to Donghyun's voice anyway... I'd been too focused on not disturbing anyone. Look where that got me now ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ. But, now that nearly everyone in the room had their eyes on me, Donghyun stopped talking altogether. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I held my head dizzily, trying to resist myself from throwing a tantrum on the spot. There were running footsteps that I heard on the stage and a few feet away from me. I ducked my head down in embarrassment and sulked disappointedly.
"Pabo." (a / n;   Stupid)
A worried female (a/n;   You were expecting one of the members of Boyfriend... Weren't you? Don't even lie. (︶▽︶)) voice from behind me questioned in concern, "Gwenchanayo?" (a/n;   Are you okay?) I peered my head over one of the chairs to look at the unfamiliar girl in front of me and nodded slightly. She politely smiled and offered a hand to pull me up. I lowered my gaze and my hand automatically held onto hers for support. I shakily stood to my feet, shivering from the cold. There was unnecessary giggling and uttering that came from the front of the room that I overheard. Hearing the gossipping, Donghyun assumed I was okay and continued his announcement: "We will have three rounds..."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The girl in front of me scoffed in irritation and mumbled a string of curse words that were meant to be heard by the people as I stared at the granite floor with sudden interest. She knelt down and dusted off my knees continuously, removing any dirt that could've stuck to my wet clothes. I blinked in surprise and took in the sight in front of me. "You should be more careful next time," she reminded me, cracking a signature smile in my direction. I nodded shyly and bowed, thanking her.
"Kamsamnida!" (a/n;   Thank you!)
She walked hastily back to her regular assigned seat. Not too long after she was gone, I was accompanied by a young lady who looked about thirty years old with curly brown waves of hair, dark-rimmed thick glasses with big eyes, and lips coated in rosy pink lip gloss. She acknowledged me with a grin that spread from ear to ear. "Annyeonghaseyo, (a / n;   Hello!) welcome to the audition! We are so glad you took the opportunity to come see us today." she gushed while Donghyun was still informing the other contestants of the rules. "Please give me your name and address so we can get started." She clicked her pen with ease, prepared to write a hurricane of words on the paper that laid flat on top of her clipboard.
 
 
 

 

 

 

 
 
 
 
I nodded slowly, trying to absorb all of the words she said to me. Has she been saying that all day? I flashed a sly grin, "Deh... (a / n;   Yes...) Je ireumeun Yoo Ara imnida. (a / n;   My name is Yoo Ara)" She adjusted her glasses before scribbling and whispering after me, "Yoo Ara..." A few minutes after I told her all of the required information, she led me to my assigned seat that was in the last row of the five. Okay, hold up! Lemme explain this to you guys before you get all whacked up and confused.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
When I was speaking with the assistant manager, she told me that the whole event lasted for three weeks and there were two auditions: acting and singing/dancing (whichever you preferred). However, the category of the audition, for example, acting, can only be auditioned in two days. And if you don't come to all of the auditions, you are immediately disqualified. Dun, dun, DUUUUUUN!
 
 
 

 

 

 
 
 
Anyways, the first round already started with five random contestants staggering to the front of the stage with a mix of different emotions: enthusiasm, nervousness, and trepidation. As the pretty boys that they were, the five members stepped down from the stage and sat to the left of it where the judging table was located. It only left one member still standing on the stage with the most angelic smile: No Minwoo. As they sat down, they exchanged smiles full of eagerness and whispered in each other's ears before getting ready to take notes on each contestant.
 

 

 

 

 
 
I quivered as the A/C suddenly got cooler. It greeted my soaking body with adoration and sent breezy cold air to revoke any warmth from my body. All of the five contestants swooned as they circled around Minwoo with admiration. He held the microphone in his hand, preparing to make a speech. Psh. Why are they even doing that? Who do they think they are? I mean, hello? He's my bias too! Yah, Jugulle? (a/n;   Hey, wanna die?) Hold me back bro, hold me back. "Okay, the first thing I'll be doing is this: I'll pick a random scenario from this jar that we prepared for you guys." He picked up a clear jar that had slips of papers mixed up to where it was half-full. "The papers have different scenes from various Korean dramas printed on them, and we're just going to improvise. Sound good?" he asked playfully with one hand cupped behind his ear and the other arm extending to point the microphone at the crowd. The room was instantly filled with screams and cries.
"Ne!" (a / n;   Yes!)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The corners of his lips curled up and his eyes scanned the room cheerfully. Until his eyes met mine. I realized that we truly had made eye contact and my cheeks grew red. His expression softened and he gave me a reassuring smile, followed shortly by an alluring wink; making all of the girls in the room giggle and hide their faces in their hands from a cuteness overload. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I melted into a puddle of honey and blushed like mad, smiling wider than I thought imaginable. Did he just look at me? I looked from left to right with my eyes in confusion and turned around in my seat, holding onto the back of the chair. The space behind me was empty. Nothing but a few empty chairs and a table with stacks of paper on it. I scratched my head and mumbled in doubt, "Maybe he was looking at the girl in front of me...?" But who cares, as long as he was looking in this direction! Minwoo shuffled his hand into the jar, causing all of the slips of paper to rotate around it like a small harmless tornado. He snatched up one from the top and unfolded it, leaving all the fans with sounds of rhythmic beats of a drum to play in their ears. My heart started pounding in excitement. Wow. It feels like a moment from The Hunger Games. You can't really expect anything; it just happens.
 
 
 

 

 
 
 
 
Minwoo read the paper and removed the microphone from his lips, laughing almost inaudibly. The fangirls shifted and jumped around in their seats uncomfortably, desperately wanting to know what he read. "Minwoo-ah, wae irae?" (a/n;  Why did you do that?) a random girl from the crowd whined. Yep. You can tell she was a noona. (a / n;   Big sister/ girl that is older than Minwoo)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The girls onstage surrounded him like sharks around an island, trying to take a sneak peek at what the scenario was. Ooh, girls, you better back away. Ten miles. Now. He gradually stopped laughing and recovered himself by placing his arm to the front of his mouth, almost like a mask, hiding his chuckles. He eventually stopped and pulled the microphone back to his lips. "The scenario is from the newest drama, The Heirs. It's the interesting scene where Kim Tan gets in a fight with Young Do at school."
 
 

 

 

 

 
 
 
 
Minwoo smirked to show that he accepted the challenge. "I'll be Kim Tan!" he announced. All of a sudden, instead of shouting: "I'll be Young Do!", the chosen contestants meekly backed away and gulped; examining the muscles that stuck out under the sleeve of his shirt and the veins that were vaguely pushing against the skin of his hand and wrist. Noticing, he shook his hands in front of his body in alarm and said something that was inaudible to the crowd because his microphone was nowhere close to his lips. From a distance, you could see the girls nodding in comprehension. Minwoo pointed at four of them to be in a group and instructed the others to stay close (way too close) behind him on the other side of the stage. They were going to act out the bathroom scene first. Wow, this will be interesting... I sat back in my chair and crossed my arms, trying to focus and pan my thoughts away from the distraction that was my wet clothes. Each contestant, including me, has a different set of numbers and letters to tell each person apart.
 

 

 

 

 
 
 
A girl in the middle of the four members that had the number/letter combination "1A" stuck to the right side of her chest was pacing back and forth in nervousness, her hands fidgeting. The girl who was labeled "1B" was jumping up and down to get hyped up like a professional boxer would do. The one identified as "1C" stared at the ceiling of the room with ease like she was some kind of professional actress or something. And, last but not least, the one with "1D" showing on her shirt was standing off to the side; constantly waving at one of the Boyfriend members, who was currently taking notes and was too busy to pay attention. Girl. Can't you see they're working? Ain't nobody got time for that!
 

 

 

 

 
 
 
Minwoo gave them a minute to prepare and run the lines over in their heads before starting since they were the first to audition. Then, at last, their time officially began.
 
"Action!"
 
The four girls immediately scurried off to their positions and it all started in a blink of an eye.
 
(a / n;   I recommed you guys to watch this video before reading further! It's the fight scene ∩(︶▽︶)∩ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a36e4qEhW8U)
 

 

 

 

 
 
The confident "1B" girl was playing Lee Bo Na. She stuck her nose up in the air with a poised manner, almost like she knew all too well how to play her role. The shy "1A" contestant walked a few feet towards the "1B" girl and stopped when the confident one unleashed her talent.
 
 
 
 
 
"You make your clothes look bad," she snorted too brashly. The "1A" contestant shyly smiled and looked down to the floor, concentrating on what she would say next. "Did Choi Young Do find out?" the one marked "1B" asked cautiously, as if she was in the drama. "I-I-I don't know," the "1A" girl stuttered nervously. Awh! Poor girl is nervous onstage... "So why did you come to school--?" she managed to say before getting interrupted by the impatient "1D" girl who was speeding up towards them.
 
 
 
 
"Daebak (a / n;   Awesome) , you have to see this! Kim Tan and Choi Young Do are fighting in the hallway."
 
 
 
The "1C" contestant walked dramatically towards the shy "1A" one and grabbed her hair roughly, making her squeal. Damn, was that real? "Neo micheosso?" (a / n;   Are you crazy?) the "1B" girl hissed, almost as if the whole scenario was real. "1B" pulled onto "1C's" hand, but the feisty girl pulled away and growled, "You shut up."
 
 
 
"What did you just say?" she retorted promptly. The "1A" girl shakily trembled, "Talk to me. Let go of me first." The "1C" girl bit her lip in disgust and pushed her head away from her grip. Contestant "1A" questioned seriously, "What is it? It must have been serious for you to grab my hair. What is--?" 
 
 
 
She shouted with her voice sharp as daggers, "Do you know what you've done to this school? Kim Tan and Choi Young Do are fighting. Eottokaigoya?!" (a / n;   What are you going to do about it?!)
 
"Chinjja?" (a / n;   Really?) "1B" gaped in suprise.
 
"M-Mwoh?" (a / n;   W-What?)"1A" remarked with her breath taken away.
 

 

 

 

 
 
The fan club clapped their hands loudly to show support for the contestants. The four girls turned to the crowd with surprised smiles and bowed politely. Minwoo automatically ran to the other side of the stage to save time. He seemed excited to play the role of Kim Tan. Once he started to march angrily towards the "1E" contestant, every person that was making sounds in the room stopped and everyone's eyes were glued to the stage. His hands were clenched to his sides and he looked like he was ready to pound the living crap out of her.
 

 

 

 

 
 
Even though fear was written all over her face, she tried her best to look interested, lifting an eyebrow and walking towards him with what she thought was amusement in her expression. Oh my gosh... They're really going to--! Just when things were about to get interesting, my phone started buzzing in my handbag. WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME!? 
 
 
 
 
 
Punching and kicking sounds could be heard onstage. All I could do was whine and scramble my hands around inside my unorganized purse, finding my hand phone. (a / n;   I just love it when I hear Koreans say 'hand phone.' It sounds all like "hand-eu pone.") I glanced multiple times at the stage, trying to capture the awesome moment where Minwoo was fighting contestant "1E" while fumbling around in my purse. It looked so real from where I was sitting. 
 

 

 

 

 
 
 
I finally picked up my phone and flipped it open. Okay, this isn't like a Korean drama guys, not everybody has the latest smartphone, especially when my family is broke. I ducked to the ground and whispered frustratedly, "What do you want?!" Min Ah's cries could be heard on the line and I flinched at the high volume, pulling the phone away from my ear and rubbing it before putting it back into place. The fangirls suddenly gasped in surprise and I turned my attention from the floor to the stage to find Minwoo and contestant "1E" being pulled away from each other by the other contestants. Dang it! They're almost done with the scene! I didn't even get to see it!
 

 

 

 

 
 
 
"Yah!! Come home before I call mom! You're really crazy, you've really gone--" Aish, (a / n;   Darn) is this all he wanted to tell me? I hung up the phone quickly and roughly put it inside of my purse in irritation. As I turned back to the stage, the sound of claps could be heard in the room. And that was it. The scene. Was over. That quickly. I mentally pulled hair on top of my head and stuffed it into Seung Jo's throat.
 

 

 

 
 
» youngmin's pov;
 

 

 

 
 
I examined how each contestant acted and wrote down my notes along with my other members.
 
1A- Stutters a lot. 
1B- Too confident.
1C- Is scary. I think she pulled her hair for real! What if she does that to me on set?
1D- Interrupts, doesn't pay attention. She interrupted when she wasn't supposed to. 
1E- Cool, but need risk-taker. Although she was good at fighting with Minwoo, she should've taken the risk at first. She wasn't playing the part before the fight sequence. By the way, if it had been me, I would've bashed Minwoo's face off. I guess you can say we have a Tom and Jerry friendship.
Minwoo- at acting. End of story. Look at him sweating like a waterfall up there. 
 

 

 

 
 
After I was finished writing, I looked back at my written observations and nodded in approval. The fans were still chattering to each other in interest.
 
"Wow! That was so awesome!"
 
"How did they get fake blood on their faces?"
 
"Daebak..." (a / n;   Awesome...)
 

 

 

 
 
They're probably talking about the "awesome" fight scene. I don't see what's so great about it. I looked over Kwangmin's shoulder curiously, wondering what he had written on his paper. There were swirls and doodles located on the top and in the margins of his paper. Endless random cartoons like Pikachu were all over it. No surprise. American food, Powerpuff Girls, you name it.
 

 

1A- Shy
1B- Arrogant
1C- Vicious
1D- Seems Nice
1E- Daebak
 

 

 

 
 
What the...Why is Kwangmin writing their personalities down? (a  /  n ;   Lol, I don't know... How Kwangmin acts just makes me feel like he would do something cute like this.) He was spontaneously drawing a sun and rainbow until I pushed my arm that was resting on the table against his. "...Hyung!" (a / n;   Big Bro) he complained, showing me the line that scratched his pretty sunshine. (a  /  n ;   Omg, jerk alert!) "Mian, (a / n;   Sorry) you're" I started before being interrupted by Minwoo:
 
"Aniyo, (a / n;   No) I don't need the towel. Can you please give it to that pretty girl over there?" 
 

 

 

 
 
Instant screams came from the crowd, each fan hoping they were the "girl." I looked up to see contestant "1E" whiping fake blood away from her face. I've got to admit it– I don't know how they got blood in there, but it looks really cool. Unless it's real blood. That's bad. Minwoo pointed his microphone to the crowd at some girl and whispered something to the employee. The employee nodded his head and took the steps to get off the stage. As soon as he was passing each row of chairs, the happy cries of girls could be heard along with the groans of disappointment whenever he passed them. My eyes shadowed his path and my head turned as I watched the employee until he stopped in front of a soaking wet girl in the last row of seats.
 

 

 

 
 
 
Even though she was far away from me, you could still see her shivering so much that she looked like she was vibrating. Her white T-shirt was clinging to her skin for dear life inside the leather jacket she wore outside of it, showing how petite and small her stomach was. Her hair was still drenched, leaving random strands of it clumped together and going in different directions than how it would look if it was dry and brushed. Droplets of water were still running down her neck and she looked like she was ready to wipe out.
 

 

 

 
 
Everyone on the table sitting with me turned their heads to see what was going on and almost every girl in the crowd gaped with jealousy. The male employee, who wore glasses with square-shaped frames, wrapped the towel around her body; making it delicately drape over her shoulders like she had wings. (a  /  n ;   Omg... Is it what I'm thinking it is? Is he stunned by her beauty?) The girl bowed her head politely at the employee before he bowed back and walked away, continuing to do his job.
 

 

 

 
 
» yoo ara's pov;
 
 

 

 

 
 
 
I was speechless. I smiled to myself, galvanized. Oh my goodness! Minwoo noticed me! I wrapped the towel around my body, hoping that it would warm me with Minwoo's kindness. (a  /  n ;   If that ever happened to me.. I swear like omg.. Yoo Ara is so lucky) And after comforting myself for a while, the sound of action, drama, romance, and comedy soon put me in my own dream world. Literally. After only five seconds of resting in my chair. Or...at least it felt like five seconds. A girl beside me shook my arm repeatedly. "Neh?" I jumped, afraid the whole thing was over already. She gave me a warm smile as she got up from her chair and leaned her head towards the stage quickly, as if she was pointing at the stage with her head.
 
 
 
 
"We're the last ones to audition."
 
 
 
 
I nodded gratefully and followed her from behind toward the stage as Kwangmin pulled out a slip of paper from the jar energetically like the 4D dork he was. (a  /  n ;   Fun Fact: Kwangmin is energetic when he's tired. Lol. I don't know how that's possible, but it's so adorable (≧◡≦)) I rubbed my eyes tiredly and yawned, hoping that Kwangmin's energy could transfer to me, too. As I looked from left to right, getting a glimpse of who I was competing against, I saw the girl that helped me up from the floor a while ago. Her eyes were wandering around the room, examining every soul in the audience until she noticed that I was looking at her. She flashed a competitive-yet-friendly smile before turning away to look at the Boyfriend members. "YEAH! YES!" Kwangmin suddenly screamed into the microphone, shocking everybody and grabbing everyone's attention, including mine. He waved his slip of paper in his hand and danced around us excitedly, making us jump up and down with him. Continuing to excite the crowd, he brought the microphone close to his mouth and revealed, "It's a scene from Boys over Flowers!" The clapping and screaming of girls could be heard all around the room as they fangirled about the drama. "But--hold on!" he announced loudly, waving his hand around like he was dribbling an invisible basketball. 
 
 

 

 

 
"We are going to act out a deleted scene that could've been included in the drama," he gushed playfully. "And it's all going to be improv, so I'm going to make up a random scene and you guys are going to just follow along." He looked at us with his big brown orbs for eyes and smiled sweetly, almost as if he was seeing a baby giggling for the first time. It was like a spotlight was only shining on him in that moment. No angel can even compare to how his innocence and smile shined right now. "Okay, I think I want to choose my Geum Jan Di! Who wants to be her?" he asked casually. The contestants and I jumped up and down in joy, fangirling like twelve year-olds would. We all raised our hands and screamed our heads off.
 
"Pick me! Pick me!" 
 
 
 

 

 

 

He stuck out his tongue playfully and teased lightly, "You guys have to line up first so it'll be fair." Ugh...Kwangmin-ah, just pick me already. We unconsciously lined up with no hesitation from left to right on the stage. "Close your eyes," he sang harmoniously. Every girl in the room shrieked out of jealousy as we closed our eyes with bright smiles on our faces. All I could hear were the sounds of oohs, clapping, and Kwangmin's footsteps. I swore that the other contestants with me were peeking out from under from their eyelids, but I didn't want to take that chance. "Ah, come on Kwangmin, hurry up." Jeongmin groaned tiredly.

 

 

 

 

"Arraso, arraso." (a / n;   Alright, alright) The sound of the room almost fell to complete silence until everyone gasped. Kwangmin's footsteps stopped and it sounded like it was in front of me. "Yoo." Ara?! Everyone screamed and I opened my eyes, only to find that Kwangmin wasn't in front of me. He was in front of the girl who helped me get to my feet earlier. She was next to me, and I felt like the world was going to be over. I was disappointed that he hadn't said "Yoo", but you. He was only about seven inches away from her face and he smiled one of his you-can't-help-but-fall-for-me smiles. 

 
 
 

 

 

 

I it up and instantly put a smile to my face, clapping for her. This competition isn't over just yet. (a  /  n ;   Awh! She's being a good sport! I'm proud of you Yoo Ara! (︶ω︶)He took her arm and lead her to the side of the stage that was opposite from where he was standing, and, unbelievably, it was going to begin. Before Kwangmin said action, the "chosen one" linked her arm with mine and whispered: "Fighting!" It all turned silent when Kwangmin screamed and kicked a chair on the stage. Contestant "94A" approached behind him and cried, "Kwangmin-nim, gwenchana?" (a / n;   Are you okay?) I guess she was acting out the role of his house maid. He pushed her away softly and punched random numbers into his phone furiously. "Geum Jan Di..." he whispered, loud enough for all of us to hear. He turned the speaker on and held it in his hand until you could hear, "I'm sorry, the person you are contacting is not available. Please leave a message after the beep." 

 
 

 

 

 
The girl dragged me around on the other side of the stage and she was smiling happily, ignoring Kwangmin. So I went along with it and laughed, having the time of my life. All of a sudden, Kwangmin yelled into the phone with fright and panic, "Geum Jan Di, get out of there now. It's not safe. I'm coming to get you!" The contestants behind us had no idea what was going on, so the three of them came up behind us and played the role of men. Which was weird.
 
 
 
 
 
 
They followed behind us until I stopped in my tracks, pulling the girl beside me to a stop as well. The vibration of my phone was going off again. It's okay. People think this is acting, so it'll be okay...Right? While I was fumbling through my purse once again, Kwangmin angrily grabbed his coat from another chair and pretended he was going to find Geum Jan Di. I found my small phone and flipped it open, its screen revealing an unknown number. I looked towards the girl beside me and she looked back at me in confusion. The contestants behind us stayed quiet until the only voice that could be heard was my own.
 
"Yeobosayo?" (a / n;   Hello?) I answered with my voice trembling from nervousness.
 
"Is this Yoo Ara?"
 
 

 

 
 
» kwangmin's pov;
 
 

 

 

 
 
 
Wow...This girl is impressive, having a phone go off while we're doing an intense scene. Way to be professional! The girl I chose to be Geum Jan Di shook her "best friend", saying: "Dongsaeng-ah... (a  /  n ;   Little sister) What's wrong?" I walked to the back of the stage and stared at them. I walked towards them but stopped when I saw Pikachu stare off into space, paralyzed. There were random tear drops falling from her cheeks and, before I knew it, she started crying. Hard. Daebak! (a  /  n ;   Awesome!) She's crying for real!
 
"You're scaring me, dongsaeng! Who called you?" the Geum Jan Di roleplayer scolded in surprise and worry.
 
"I...I..." she called out in tears, not knowing what to say. Before I could step out, as soon as the other contestants who were playing the role of men managed to grab Geum Jan Di, Pikachu ran off the stage in tears. Geum Jan Di was left shrieking, "Dongsaeng! (a  /  n ;   Little sister) Don't leave me! Help me!" A tear rolled down her eye and Pikachu just left out the door dramatically. I came in to the rescue and fought the other contestants before saving the princess. 
 
 
 
 

 

 

 

The scenario was over and everyone stood up from their chairs, applauding loudly. There were sounds of whistling and overjoyed cheers coming from the audience, but a question lit up in my head. It's over already...Why isn't she coming back in yet? Her acting was really good...

 

 

page-divider-105.gif

 

 

 

 AUTHOR'S NOTES;

Hello my angels! I am back! I hope this chapter wasn't too disappointing... I know it wasn't that great either, but hopefully the amount that you read made up for it? Hehe. Oh! By the way, to any new readers/subscribers, comments are always welcome here. Thanks to everyone who took their time to read this update. xoxo

P.S. Omg! What the heck is happening?! Who called her and what was it about!? Don't you love me for leaving a cliffhanger? hehe

-Jenny

 

 

CO-AUTHOR'S NOTES; 

How about that Hunger Games reference? (Wink.)
Hope you guys enjoy this! And, I hope you find it lengthy enough to make up for lost time...Hahaha. Plus, I got to update this one! It was a very special feeling. =:D
User.: cmmmoss
 
-Cass
 
 
GIFS;

 

tumblr_m6vb8kdxwG1rrs8c6.gif

To all of the subscribers who kept waiting and waiting, INTERNET HUG! ^^

 

tumblr_inline_mibihuTYTh1qz4rgp.giftumblr_luvvl7I1oD1qbjg0i.gif

That's right. I finally updated; it's not a dream.

 

tumblr_lt3gdz7bp51qenhov.gif

I can't say this enough, but let me say it again SARANGHAE! 사랑해